GDT: Game #24 of the season Ducks visit Lightning 7:00 PM ET on 11 - 23 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I kinda wanna blame goaltending and bounces, but it shouldn't be *that* easy to consistently tap rebounds in front of the net without getting knocked down or stick-lifted or something. I gotta blame the D.
It's all three. Can't blame the D when they have a guy covered and puck takes a crazy bounce right onto his stick. Miller hasn't been good, the D has been lacking, and Lightning have gotten some bounces.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kase literally took his last stride at center ice. Watch it again.
Ive watched it a few times and like i said it looks like kase sees the play happening and goes to be and outlet for larsson... which larsson ends up losing the puck that he should have won no problem... but i still dont know what fowlers thinking was. I can see what kase was thinking.

But im done with the topic now... its in the past. You are entitled to your opinion... no matter how biased i think it is.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
The Lightning have so much talent, but it's not surprising they haven't won with this group. They lose so many puck battles and don't dictate the play much. Essentially, they are good goaltending and insanely talented opportunistic scorers. Not the formula for deep playoff runs.
John Cooper is a very laissez-faire coach. Seems like he doesn't care if they win or lose in interviews. Usually chalks up losses to bad luck or bad bounces

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ive watched it a few times and like i said it looks like kase sees the play happening and goes to be and outlet for larsson... which larsson ends up losing the puck that he should have won no problem... but i still dont know what fowlers thinking was. I can see what kase was thinking.

But im done with the topic now... its in the past. You are entitled to your opinion... no matter how biased i think it is.
I’m not sure what the bias is supposed to be. I’ve criticized all three of them. I don’t understand how you can call me biased when you make such a grossly inaccurate statement about Kase’s effort though.

It was a bad play from the start.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I'm more saying I've never met a beer league defenseman who would chase anything when you could just as easily stand in front of the net and do nothing.

4l6ohms4u5q21.png

Reactions: duxfan1101

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Biggest problem with this team I see is not enough center lane drive. Nobody going to the crease.. Crashing..nothing..

Reactions: KyleJRM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I can’t tell if Getzlaf is being an adult when he talks to the officials, or just is too old to be animated while saying stupid things at this point.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m not sure what the bias is supposed to be. I’ve criticized all three of them. I don’t understand how you can call me biased when you make such a grossly inaccurate statement about Kase’s effort though.

It was a bad play from the start.
I dont think it was a bad play by kase, i think it was a misread or too much confidence in larsson . I think it was bad plays from larsson and fowler.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
ahlers keeps talking like the game was stolen by Vasi

The last two periods havent even been close

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I dont think it was a bad play by kase, i think it was a misread or too much confidence in larsson . I think it was bad plays from larsson and fowler.
As I said, I think that’s exactly what Fowler did as well he was in position to take a pass from Larsson if he got there first. Kase was behind him. As I also said, Fowler at the front of the net does zip to prevent that goal if that pass is made, which he isn’t preventing from the front of the net.

You can’t make a snarky comment about someone else being biased when you say Kase worked the hardest of anyone on the back check when he literally didn’t take a stride from center ice though.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Leaving the goaltender out to dry. Eakins needs to figure out how to fix the defense, all the excuses in the world about missing players, young players are all facts but still something needs to happen. I don't even know if having Manson back would even help. The whole system is in disarray and the youth are not improving. Shots on goal were decent but there is a complete lack of energy with the team.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Well, we knew that if we wanted a shot at potential playoff glory, we would need elite goaltending and we have not gotten anywhere close.

Larsson is useless.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
These last two games don't bother me so much as they remind me how much it hurt to lose a bunch of games on the last homestand, knowing this road trip was coming.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad