GDT: Game #24 of the season Ducks visit Lightning 7:00 PM ET on 11 - 23 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That’s dumb, then. Montour is already a top 4 D. I’d say he has a 95% chance of having the better career. It will only become a good trade if Tracey pans into a solid NHL player’s
Idk what to make of Guhle to be honest, but that trade def depends on what tracey becomes.

Guhle has some top notch skills, but overall he lacks the right mind for a defender.... I thought him and fowler did good together when line up was healthy... getting the ozone starts and being put in a position where they can both rely on their skating abilities to keep puck out of our zone. Any other situation... guhle becomes a bit suspect.... and sometimes he doesnt seem to know what to do when he has the puck in the o zone and going in with speed.

Montour kinda had the opposite, where he knew where he was going with the puck when he got it, and it was the O zone... trying to score/get a shot off. I thought he defensive game got better over time... I really still confused why we moved him... unless it was just Old school Bob moving him because of contract negotiations.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Some people are prob tired of fowler being pushed as something he isn't, the team has pushed him as kinda the faceish of the franchise for a while... and maybe he showed potential in the past but as I said earlier he is who he is at this point. He has been here a while, and makes a lot of the same mistakes hes made throughout his career (positional awareness/being soft).

Hes having his best season in a long while this year, but its not shocking if you look how eakins is deploying him. He is putting him in the best possible positions to succeed(with the exception of the occasional **** partner/ which we don't have many other options, and Lindholm being out). I don't have the stats in front of me but I assume fowler gets a bit easier matchups also. Despite all that hes still being out paced by Lindholm who plays a significant amount more on the PK, but helps the offense at a better rate.

Fowler leads the team in PP time, he only plays about 30 secs of PK time per game, and he gets 61.4% of his zone starts out of Dzone.

Sorry to break it to you, this team doesn't have any golden boys(maybe silf).
Literally nobody is pumping Fowler’s tires anymore. It’s a hate mob. Sorry.

Agree to disagree on the golden boy thing. Lindholm has multiple plays significantly worse than that play by Fowler, and, as called out, complete crickets by that crowd.

The Fowler thing isn’t annoying because he doesn’t deserve criticism. It’s annoying because it’s agenda driven, it’s not because the people doing it chronically aren’t actually providing hockey commentary on the entire team, they’re pushing an agenda. Pointing out that maybe what he did wasn’t actually the worst play ever made then gets labeled “defending” Fowler”.

The PP couldn’t score until this week. You’re not seriously saying that’s mainly on Fowler as opposed to forwards who can’t hit the net, crash the net, or shoot a one-timer, are you? Lindholm has mastered the 2nd assist this year. He had one absolutely dominant game, but 2 of the other 6 assists are short handed (meaning the forward did all the work). He’s damned good at what he does, but he’s also good for 3-4 absolutely boneheaded brutal turnovers/stupid passes per game. We don’t have a 1D right now.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
These types of posts are ******ed for the record... Its actually ridiculous how no one can say anything about fowlers game without having 10 posters cry in a corner... or the "oh Lindholm made a mistake, lets see if people will bash him"... when in reality no one was bashing fowler... they were questioning his positioning. Ive never seen a player be babied by a fan base as much as fowler does by this fan base.

Give me a f***ing break. The ignorance here is pretty surreal; it'd be equally as annoying if the roles were reversed. Be consistent or ****.

Reactions: 11Justin93

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Literally nobody is pumping Fowler’s tires anymore. It’s a hate mob. Sorry.

Agree to disagree on the golden boy thing. Lindholm has multiple plays significantly worse than that play by Fowler, and, as called out, complete crickets by that crowd.

The Fowler thing isn’t annoying because he doesn’t deserve criticism. It’s annoying because it’s agenda driven, it’s not because the people doing it chronically aren’t actually providing hockey commentary on the entire team, they’re pushing an agenda. Pointing out that maybe what he did wasn’t actually the worst play ever made then gets labeled “defending” Fowler”.

The PP couldn’t score until this week. You’re not seriously saying that’s mainly on Fowler as opposed to forwards who can’t hit the net, crash the net, or shoot a one-timer, are you? Lindholm has mastered the 2nd assist this year. He had one absolutely dominant game, but 2 of the other 6 assists are short handed (meaning the forward did all the work). He’s damned good at what he does, but he’s also good for 3-4 absolutely boneheaded brutal turnovers/stupid passes per game. We don’t have a 1D right now.
How was anything I said claiming fowler is the problem on the powerplay? I was just stating he had a significant amount of mins on the PP. Didn't claim he was the cause of the powerplay being shit.

What "agenda" are people pushing... I think we had a discussion about why fowlers positioning was bad on that play(and decided to agree to disagree, or put the blame more or less on Larsson lack of puck battle), it was a legit hockey discussion, I don't see anything wrong with it. ... and quite frankly you can go look at any goal scored in any thread... and your going to see posters saying "screw this guy or screw that guy"... its very normal... some people just see fowlers name and they push their own agenda.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
How was anything I said claiming fowler is the problem on the powerplay? I was just stating he had a significant amount of mins on the PP. Didn't claim he was the cause of the powerplay being ****.

What "agenda" are people pushing... I think we had a discussion about why fowlers positioning was bad on that play(and decided to agree to disagree, or put the blame more or less on Larsson lack of puck battle), it was a legit hockey discussion, I don't see anything wrong with it. ... and quite frankly you can go look at any goal scored in any thread... and your going to see posters saying "screw this guy or screw that guy"... its very normal... some people just see fowlers name and they push their own agenda.
Again, I’m not talking about you.

I thought you were saying Fowler had fewer points than Lindholm in spite of being on the PP. the power play is decrepit, so that’s not really something that makes a difference, unless the allegation is that Fowler is the actual problem on the PP. my apologies if not.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Again, I’m not talking about you.

I thought you were saying Fowler had fewer points than Lindholm in spite of being on the PP. the power play is decrepit, so that’s not really something that makes a difference, unless the allegation is that Fowler is the actual problem on the PP. my apologies if not.
No i was saying fowler is put into better situations to be productive. Our pp sucks tho, so its more like wasted mins at this point

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Another very ugly game, and it's only going to get worse with our upcoming schedule tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're in the mix for a top 5 pick come the end of the season, especially with some of the slow starting teams starting to hit their stride. There just isn't a whole lot of quality on the roster right now. Kids need a lot more time to develop, and a couple of others just don't seem cut out to play larger roles.

Granted there are some really dire teams in the East this year.

I haven’t been too hard on this team this year because it’s a rebuilding year. Wouldn’t mind getting a top-5 pick. Hopefully Zegras becomes an Elite talent, but besides that it’s pretty bare in our system. Too early to tell if Tracey can be another top-end talent.

We should accumulate picks either for this draft or the next since it’s (supposedly) deep. It’s my only knock on Murray. He never seems to take the plunge and sell off assets and go forward with hoarding picks.

I'd say that narrative has been pushed at times tbh

I would rather have Guhle than Montour everyday.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
there's been a lot of stupid things said here, but this is might be the worst.
true lol
I haven’t been too hard on this team this year because it’s a rebuilding year. Wouldn’t mind getting a top-5 pick. Hopefully Zegras becomes an Elite talent, but besides that it’s pretty bare in our system. Too early to tell if Tracey can be another top-end talent.

We should accumulate picks either for this draft or the next since it’s (supposedly) deep. It’s my only knock on Murray. He never seems to take the plunge and sell off assets and go forward with hoarding picks.

I would rather have Guhle than Montour everyday.

I don't think bare is the right word.

Center: Zegras Steel Lundy Groulx Morand
LW: Comtois Jones Tracey badini
RW: Terry sprong Janicki sheerwood

Dmen: Larsson Guhle Mahura Lacombe Thrun Drew Benoit
Goalie: Dostal erickson-ek boyle durney

We lack prospects that would be considered elite .. but overall our organzational depth is prety strong

Elite guys would consist of basically
Zegras
then we have a few top tier guys that people just need to be patient on

Adding another elite player to zegras would be great

Reactions: Ducks DVM

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Rackell - Getz - Terry (Terry is a no)
Jones - Henrique - Silf (Jones is borderline)
Ritchie - Steel - Kase (All yes)
Shore - Grant - Rowney (All yes)

Shore is not great but is a NHL player IMO. He’s played over 70 NHL games the last 3 seasons.

Last edited:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Name a current line with NHL talent in every position
well for starters, that's not what you originally said. taking our lineup from last night

Rackell - Getz - Terry 2/3 are 1st line players on plenty of teams. Terry should be in the AHL, but he's the only one.
Jones - Henrique - Silf 2/3 are 2nd line players on a majority of teams. Jones isnt but I say he's good enough to be a NHL regular at this point.
Ritchie - Steel - Kase All three are NHL quality talents
Shore - Grant - Rowney Again, all three are NHL quality talents.

so yeah, what you originally said and what you just said are both stupid.

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
well for starters, that's not what you originally said. taking our lineup from last night

Rackell - Getz - Terry 2/3 are 1st line players on plenty of teams. Terry should be in the AHL, but he's the only one.
Jones - Henrique - Silf 2/3 are 2nd line players on a majority of teams. Jones isnt but I say he's good enough to be a NHL regular at this point.
Ritchie - Steel - Kase All three are NHL quality talents
Shore - Grant - Rowney Again, all three are NHL quality talents.

so yeah, what you originally said and what you just said are both stupid.
The top 3 lines all have players that belong in the AHL. I’ll give you the fourth line, but they are what they are. 4th line.

And it’s exactly what I said. There is AHL level talent on every line. 50% of the roster are plugs. There are like 4 decent forwards and 1 defenseman.

Last edited:

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Who on the third line belongs in the AHL?

Thats just silly. The only players you can argue are AHL players right now are Jones and Terry.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I’m fine being patient on Guhle. He’s a guy who is gonna be shaky as heck until he’s 24 or 25, but there’s like a 25% chance he turns into a star at that age.

If he doesn’t, oh well, we can afford to play the lottery right now.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I’m fine being patient on Guhle. He’s a guy who is gonna be shaky as heck until he’s 24 or 25, but there’s like a 25% chance he turns into a star at that age.

Guhle is 22 years old and will be 23 on July 29 2020 I don't see him being anywhere close to a star at 24 or 25 years old. 25% chance of that happening is too high. I wouldn't even put him at 10% chance of that happening.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

This^^

The Ducks have to give these guys a chance. You have to be patient and understand it's going to be ugly at first. At least there is potential with Guhle. Larsson is a guy that concerns me. I don't see tools there.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Guhle is 22 years old and will be 23 on July 29 2020 I don't see him being anywhere close to a star at 24 or 25 years old. 25% chance of that happening is too high. I wouldn't even put him at 10% chance of that happening.

*shrug*. I’ve seen it happen too many times. It’s a cliche, but defensemen take forever to develop.

I know I’m reaching for the most extreme example of the phenomenon, but Duncan Keith was a second round pick who didn’t make it into the NHL until his age-22 season, and Blackhawks fans were ready to run him out of town that year and his age-23 season too. Then at 24 he turned it around.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
*shrug*. I’ve seen it happen too many times. It’s a cliche, but defensemen take forever to develop.

I know I’m reaching for the most extreme example of the phenomenon, but Duncan Keith was a second round pick who didn’t make it into the NHL until his age-22 season, and Blackhawks fans were ready to run him out of town that year and his age-23 season too. Then at 24 he turned it around.

Guhle hockey IQ doesn't lead me to believe he will be a star defenseman. Much more of a chance he will be a Sbisa then a star defenseman. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't know how players will pan out. I didn't think much about Manson and thought he'd be a good third pairing guy. He debuted in the NHL at age 23 with 28 games. Remember King Beauch? He didn't wake up until he became a Mighty Duck at age 25. Both Larsson and Guhle are young at age 22. So their future isn't set yet.

Ever since I saw the quote that GM Murray was now pushing the youth movement, I lost hope this year. We have a lot of youth at forward and defense. That's just too many youths. I guess it's okay if a few of them where talented enough to where they're contributing above and beyond where they all are right now. But they're mostly struggling. It's going to be growing pains, I guess. I'm not a fan of it. I wasn't a fan of the roster rotation for games based upon "being part of the group". That was cringe worthy. I have no idea if it's complete GM Murray's call or if coach Eakins is complicit in the youth movement, remember, Eakins knows most of the youth movement.

There's going to be growing pains now that Murray has officially stated we are in full youth movement mode. It's difficult to wrap my head around it b/c last year we were trying to put the best product out there and changed the whole culture. But now, Murray is willing to sacrifice this year as well as sacrifice a year of Getzlaf. I just hope the youth either catches on faster or we drop the youth movement b/c two losing seasons will cost the team fans, ticket sales, jersey sales, etc... Remember how empty the Panthers' arena was when we played them? That's what I'd be afraid of. Maybe that's the image that fans on twitter need to share to the Ducks' twitter, fb, etc accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad