GDT: Game #24 of the season Ducks visit Lightning 7:00 PM ET on 11 - 23 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
Getz2none: to answer your question from the other thread. Yes, I watch the games. That’s how I know this is a bottom 3 team that will be leapfrogged by the few teams below them.

Reactions: bracer028

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Getz2none: to answer your question from the other thread. Yes, I watch the games. That’s how I know this is a bottom 3 team that will be leapfrogged by the few teams below them.
Im impressed that you get bottom 3 team... i mean im cool with it, this season is essentially a throw away... if we do good and make playoffs cool... if we miss playoffs... id rather miss by a mile.

I just dont see it... i see us more in the 8- 12 range(in west)... which is basically worst spot to be

Reactions: Dmang714

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Turnovers and rookie mistakes. It's frustrating to play so well for so long in many games, yet lose because the mistakes almost ALWAYS turn into a goal against. There have only been a a few games where we've really been dominated by the other team. Larsson had a rough night tonight. On other nights, other players. We gotta find a way to clean these up.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Guhle has been a -2 in the past few games has he lost confidence or is it just who he is partnered with?

GeraldDucksworth

Sep 29, 2018
Im impressed that you get bottom 3 team... i mean im cool with it, this season is essentially a throw away... if we do good and make playoffs cool... if we miss playoffs... id rather miss by a mile.

I just dont see it... i see us more in the 8- 12 range(in west)... which is basically worst spot to be
Look at the standings now. Bottom of the division. No hope. This isn’t a wild card team. This is a team at the bottom of the league. Just like Vegas predicted.

Performing better than absolute shit is bad for the club, but I don’t think it’s likely. Top 5 pick as long as the lotto balls don’t get too f***y.

Reactions: bracer028

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
I assume that everyone bagging on Fowler will be quickly pointing out Lindholm just standing there doing jack-all to prevent the lightning player from taking multiple hacks at the puck.

Crickets.

Lindholm with a brutal giveaway, terrible penalty and a terrific job of "clearing out the front of the net": nothing.

Say what you will about Fowler but let's not act like Lindholm's some f***ing saviour on defense.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Crickets.

Lindholm with a brutal giveaway, terrible penalty and a terrific job of "clearing out the front of the net": nothing.

Say what you will about Fowler but let's not act like Lindholm's some ****ing saviour on defense.
Both Fowler and Lindholm have previously shown against top opposition that they can be stellar defensively. Current issues might be more system related than individual, imo. Now, where is Darryl?

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I voted at the start of the season that this team would miss the playoffs and I stand by that, but every now and again they have a surprising game and give me playoff hopes. If I'm being honest with myself though, it's not if they miss the playoffs but by how much. That being said, I'm sure happy Randy is gone.

Reactions: Surfandhockey

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Another very ugly game, and it's only going to get worse with our upcoming schedule tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're in the mix for a top 5 pick come the end of the season, especially with some of the slow starting teams starting to hit their stride. There just isn't a whole lot of quality on the roster right now. Kids need a lot more time to develop, and a couple of others just don't seem cut out to play larger roles.

Granted there are some really dire teams in the East this year.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Montour was terrible defensively and erratic offensively :help:
Montour is 2x better defensively than Guhle and 100x better offensively and would easily be our best offensive defensemen and easily have the best shot from our blue line.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Crickets.

Say what you will about Fowler but let's not act like Lindholm's some ****ing saviour on defense.
These types of posts are Pejorative Slured for the record... Its actually ridiculous how no one can say anything about fowlers game without having 10 posters cry in a corner... or the "oh Lindholm made a mistake, lets see if people will bash him"... when in reality no one was bashing fowler... they were questioning his positioning. Ive never seen a player be babied by a fan base as much as fowler does by this fan base.

Reactions: Deuce22

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
These types of posts are ******ed for the record... Its actually ridiculous how no one can say anything about fowlers game without having 10 posters cry in a corner... or the "oh Lindholm made a mistake, lets see if people will bash him"... when in reality no one was bashing fowler... they were questioning his positioning. Ive never seen a player be babied by a fan base as much as fowler does by this fan base.
Nah, there’s a very predictable group that pretty much never misses an opportunity to chime in on every single mistake he makes, who rarely if ever make a negative comment on the golden boys, and refuse to acknowledge anything positive he actually does. It’s usually “Flower”, “He’s a p***y”, “7 million dollar player”, and other insightful commentary. Just because you weren’t doing it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen in literally every single game.

Reactions: dracom and anezthes

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nah, there’s a very predictable group that pretty much never misses an opportunity to chime in on every single mistake he makes, who rarely if ever make a negative comment on the golden boys, and refuse to acknowledge anything positive he actually does. It’s usually “Flower”, “He’s a *****”, “7 million dollar player”, and other insightful commentary. Just because you weren’t doing it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen in literally every single game.
Some people are prob tired of fowler being pushed as something he isn't, the team has pushed him as kinda the faceish of the franchise for a while... and maybe he showed potential in the past but as I said earlier he is who he is at this point. He has been here a while, and makes a lot of the same mistakes hes made throughout his career (positional awareness/being soft).

Hes having his best season in a long while this year, but its not shocking if you look how eakins is deploying him. He is putting him in the best possible positions to succeed(with the exception of the occasional shit partner/ which we don't have many other options, and Lindholm being out). I don't have the stats in front of me but I assume fowler gets a bit easier matchups also. Despite all that hes still being out paced by Lindholm who plays a significant amount more on the PK, but helps the offense at a better rate.

Fowler leads the team in PP time, he only plays about 30 secs of PK time per game, and he gets 61.4% of his zone starts out of Dzone.

Sorry to break it to you, this team doesn't have any golden boys(maybe silf, silfs the only 1 that doesn't piss me off on a nightly basis).

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad