GDT: Game #24 of the season Ducks visit Lightning 7:00 PM ET on 11 - 23 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Leaving the goaltender out to dry. Eakins needs to figure out how to fix the defense, all the excuses in the world about missing players, young players are all facts something needs to happen.

Honestly not sure what he's supposed to do with that mess. With Manson out we have exactly 2 NHL caliber defensemen. Sows ears and silk purses and all that

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Honestly not sure what he's supposed to do with that mess. With Manson out we have exactly 2 NHL caliber defensemen. Sows ears and silk purses and all that
Just wonder how the Islanders game is going to go? It looked as if Tampa was playing hockey against a Junior team.
Wonder if they even broke a sweat? I might be the only one not sold on Eakins and I will throw Murray into the mix as the leadership team.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As I said, I think that’s exactly what Fowler did as well he was in position to take a pass from Larsson if he got there first. Kase was behind him. As I also said, Fowler at the front of the net does zip to prevent that goal if that pass is made, which he isn’t preventing from the front of the net.

You can’t make a snarky comment about someone else being biased when you say Kase worked the hardest of anyone on the back check when he literally didn’t take a stride from center ice though.
Do you think players are in full stride 100% of the game? Kase got back in the play and was going to a spot to help break out.... im not sure why hed be skating hard in that scenario.

Either way i dont know if it excuses fowler from his front of the net coverage /shrug

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
we had 3 nhl d to start the year, and one of them (Manson) wasn't very good.

But for God's sake, how can professional defensemen NOT know how to cover the front of the net?
Thank god we traded montour... how else would we get the pleasure of watching holzer mdz gudbranson guhle and larsson on a nightly basis... manson being injured is just a big + to this wonderful thing we call BMs defense.

I feel bad for eakins... he cant win if any of fowler manson or lindholm are out he basically playin 2 nhl dmen and 4 borderline ahl guys

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Thank god we traded montour... how else would we get the pleasure of watching holzer mdz gudbranson guhle and larsson on a nightly basis... manson being injured is just a big + to this wonderful thing we call BMs defense.

I feel bad for eakins... he cant win if any of fowler manson or lindholm are out he basically playin 2 nhl dmen and 4 borderline ahl guys
Don't worry Murray's "plan" is still coming

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

Stop it, you know it was part of the "plan." We will see the fulfillment anytime now.

Reactions: Getz2noone and ADHB

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Ducks defense vs. Lightning.png

So Fowler lead our blueline in time on ice by a good amount while getting a point and was the only defenseman with a positive +/- rating hmm...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
View attachment 281947
So Fowler lead our blueline in time on ice by a good amount while getting a point and was the only defenseman with a positive +/- rating hmm...
Not to be that guy but if you add the other dmens pp time together, they got 3 mins less than fowler did alone... hence the leader in mins. Even strength they were all pretty close.

The +/- is weird because he gets a + on the rakell goal, but it was essentially a powerplay goal( i assume he was on the ice for grants goal so that makes it +2). Then the larsson/kase/fowler play puts him at +1. +/- is a really odd stat... somedays itll look good even if you didnt play well, and some days it looks bad when you played decent(he was a -3 vs florida... tho watchin the game i prob wouldnt have guessed that. A lot of times its a right or wrong time and place stat

Reactions: DuckRogers10

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
Chances to get some decent picks in 2020 draft are increasing.
Hmm, Lafreniere or Byfield, choices, choices...

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Not to be that guy but if you add the other dmens pp time together, they got 3 mins less than fowler did alone... hence the leader in mins. Even strength they were all pretty close.

The +/- is weird because he gets a + on the rakell goal, but it was essentially a powerplay goal( i assume he was on the ice for grants goal so that makes it +2). Then the larsson/kase/fowler play puts him at +1. +/- is a really odd stat... somedays itll look good even if you didnt play well, and some days it looks bad when you played decent(he was a -3 vs florida... tho watchin the game i prob wouldnt have guessed that. A lot of times its a right or wrong time and place stat

Updated one that didn't cut off PP and SH time
Ducks blueline vs. Lighting.png

I'm surprised that Fowler was 2nd in PK time with 2:03

Ya stats don't tell you everything watching games are important too and always will be.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Do you think players are in full stride 100% of the game? Kase got back in the play and was going to a spot to help break out.... im not sure why hed be skating hard in that scenario.

Either way i dont know if it excuses fowler from his front of the net coverage /shrug

Beer league play would imply when the puck turned around, kase half assed it back... he actually skated harder than anyone on the back check... kinda ironic hes being called lazy for it

Because you said he was? He wasn’t even the first forward back into the D zone.

Where was Fowler and Kase on the ice when it became obvious Larsson had flubbed the play? Why are you only dinging Fowler for not immediately making the right play, and giving Kase a pass for not also making the right play (looking around for point coverage)?

Fowler was below the circles before Kucherov was even inside the zone. He may or may not have been able to block the pass TO Kucherov, but there’s next to no chance that standing in front of the net prevents Kucherov from scoring that goal coming in completely unguarded from the left side. If you look carefully, Fowler, Kase, and whoever it was on the right wing all moved to where they could support Larsson if he had actually skated to the damned puck. Fowler was the only one of the three to actually react (late) to Larsson screwing up, but to expect him to somehow pick up Kucherov under the circumstances seems...unfair.

Honestly, everyone should just be blasting Larsson.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Because you said he was? He wasn’t even the first forward back into the D zone.

Where was Fowler and Kase on the ice when it became obvious Larsson had flubbed the play? Why are you only dinging Fowler for not immediately making the right play, and giving Kase a pass for not also making the right play (looking around for point coverage)?

Fowler was below the circles before Kucherov was even inside the zone. He may or may not have been able to block the pass TO Kucherov, but there’s next to no chance that standing in front of the net prevents Kucherov from scoring that goal coming in completely unguarded from the left side. If you look carefully, Fowler, Kase, and whoever it was on the right wing all moved to where they could support Larsson if he had actually skated to the damned puck. Fowler was the only one of the three to actually react (late) to Larsson screwing up, but to expect him to somehow pick up Kucherov under the circumstances seems...unfair.

Honestly, everyone should just be blasting Larsson.
I did put the blame on larsson losing the battle... if he just wins the battle everything essentially doesnt matter. But because he loses the battle, fowler gets caught in a bad posistion and kase is kinda in no mans land.

Ive said it a few times... that puck looked 100% larssons, idk how he screwed it up.... and i said i was losing faith in him becoming the player i thought he could become, and mahura looks much more comfortable at nhl level.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Probably not worth a rewatch. Some good play offset by horrific D zone coverage and substandard play from what you’d expect out of Miller.

Thanks. I was watching that Rangers game which was a rollercoaster. I DVR’d this one but already saw the score. I see Rakell scored and Getz continues to get points. So that’s a positive. Who would have thought Anaheim’s goaltending would be an issue now.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Updated one that didn't cut off PP and SH time
View attachment 281995

I'm surprised that Fowler was 2nd in PK time with 2:03

Ya stats don't tell you everything watching games are important too and always will be.
Meh i dont think eakins wanted to over work lindholm in his 1st game back.. and honestly everyone else is basically crap... so i guess im not shocked fowler was 2nd.. and the way we play the blue line on the pk.. fowler is actually kinda beneficial, as hell win majority of pucks dumped in and will be able to skate or shoot it to safety/down ice.

Im more impressed we allow holzer on the ice for 18+ mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad