GDT: Game #24: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Traveling still sucks!

I think it's more that people expect them to dominate every game of a 82 game schedule and if they don't then it becomes a Big Deal

there are no easy games in the NHL anymore and off days and down periods happen throughout the season. if they can gut out a win against a bleh team in december that's fine
Now, I certainly agree that there are no easy games…and on any given day any team can be beaten. But you really can’t say you would be surprised if they were to win tonight.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I still feel the off-sides challenge should go away. Have seen too many beautiful goals get turned back, for being slightly off-sides and it would not have made a difference. Since no one stopped skating in those situations.
Eh, I’m fine with offside challenges if the player who scored was offside. But @Megustaelhockey had a good idea where if the offside player didn’t touch the puck in the offensive zone, it should still count.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The Sens need a new arena in the worst way. Their current building is SUCH a hassle to get in and out of. It's a good half an hour outside of town, and that's without traffic.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
anyone with optimum not getting the game on msg2? wtf

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The Sens need a new arena in the worst way. Their current building is SUCH a hassle to get in and out of. It's a good half an hour outside of town, and that's without traffic.
Yeah and Ottawa has no subway system.

It doesn’t help that everyone born in Ontario until 1990 was a leafs fan already

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Eh, I’m fine with offside challenges if the player who scored was offside. But @Megustaelhockey had a good idea where if the offside player didn’t touch the puck in the offensive zone, it should still count.
There really should be like a 5 second clock on offside review. Probably even less than that, did the offside zone entry lead to a scoring chance and a goal? No? Ok, then play on.

Reactions: skipmowerman

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Really hoping that this is a good and entertaining game because if I’ve ever needed a distraction (and or miracle) in my life, today is the day…

I’m… on the edge. Everything has fallen apart. The Rangers continuing to be great is all I have.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think it would depend how far offside. A player offside and not touching the puck still took players out of position, and if we're not talking about a toe nail offside, it could really cause a defensemen to rush back to the net allowing an easy play to be made.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Really hoping that this is a good and entertaining game because if I’ve ever needed a distraction (and or miracle) in my life, today is the day…

I’m… on the edge. Everything has fallen apart. The Rangers continuing to be great is all I have.
Pulling for you.

Reactions: FultonReed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad