GDT: Game #24: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Vegas expects Ottawa to play well in this game it appears. Only +120 on the ML. A little surprised by that.

Rangers should have their big boy pants on in this game. Sens are bad but they follow the lead of Brady Tkachuk, who always plays us hard. He and Trouba have a nice rivalry going too.
Sens are not bad. They have played below their talent level and they have played 5-6 games less than anybody else in their division. Ottawa will give the Rangers all they can handle. The Rangers need to be better than the last 2 games or this will be a loss.

Last edited:

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
we expected to lose the Buffalo game, and we did.

3 in 4 nights. This one is worse because we had 2 travel days.

It's a schedule loss. If we win, great. I'm hoping to be happily surprised
This one is worse? A day off between games and maybe an hour plane trip. All this travel pearl clutching is a bunch of bullshit.

The Rangers record says they are an upper echelon team....Ottawa isnt.....and you would be "surprised" by a win? Look Eeyore, take Larry Brooks advice today....just enjoy the ride.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I took a break from the GDT against the Sharks because Quick was in net and I saw that coming from a Mile away in regards to his GA given up that game but we won and that's all that matters. we should beat this team but they're pesky and hard working. I can easily see Tkachuk and Stutzle bang in a few early and were playing catch-up all night and then run out of gas due to this brutal schedule. I wouldn't be too pissed off with a classic let down after sweeping the weekend. I really want to win that Kings game coming up.

The sens have been different this year. Not so pesky.

The games they win are when they get the bounces going their way and can outskill the team regardless of effort or lack of structure.

The games they lose, they try to finesse their way with no consistent effort or attention to detail.

They aren't out working their opponents like they used to. They rely on skill and play soft. Half the games, they can outskill their opponents, and the other half they get out worked and beat to all loose pucks.

So if the sens lose, it's likely that they didn't play structured or put in a proper defensive effort. If the sens win, it will be because them waiting for the pretty tick tack toe play actually worked a few times.

Instead of winning games they should be losing, they're losing games they should be winning.

If the Rangers play a structured game with effort, they'll win this game soundly as Ottawa will be caught running around in their own end.

The way Ottawa would win would be if nyr are expecting a 25th place team in terms of skill or ability and go easy on the sens then might be surprised that the skill difference of these 2 teams isn't THAT different..what differentiates the two is the Rangers structure, experience, attention to detail, and defensive effort.

The sens play like the Rangers before the salary cap. Bunch of known players with decent stats, but can't play as a team for the life of them.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
The most hate-able face in hockey - convince me I’m wrong:
IMG_2568.jpeg

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
This one is worse? A day off between games and maybe an hour plane trip. All this travel pearl clutching is a bunch of bullshit.

The Rangers record says they are an upper echelon team....Ottawa isnt.....and you would be "surprised" by a win? Look Eeyore, take Larry Brooks advice today....just enjoy the ride.
It's a rational take. I do not know what to tell you.

These aren't robots playing. We've played a lot of games. We've seen a slip in play because of it. I do not expect to win every game the rest of the way. I think tonight is a loss based on scheduling. Has nothing to do with this teams capability at full strength

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It's a rational take. I do not know what to tell you.

These aren't robots playing. We've played a lot of games. We've seen a slip in play because of it. I do not expect to win every game the rest of the way. I think tonight is a loss based on scheduling. Has nothing to do with this teams capability at full strength

To be fair, we're much better off than teams in the west. Those teams are traveling if it's not a home game, unlike us going to NJ or Long Island or even to Boston, Philly or Washington, where if the team really had to, they'd be back in their own beds that night or early next morning.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I don't want to get political, but the Senators suck.
Like the Devils.....they need a coach-goalie-goon . Can't have Tkachuk fighting as he is needed on the ice and if he busted a hand up they would be be picking high . If they lose tonight Smith is canned for a new face . They can't afford Gallant and he won't budge unless his money from NYR is matched or beaten . Ottawa can't afford him .

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Like the Devils.....they need a coach-goalie-goon . Can't have Tkachuk fighting as he is needed on the ice and if he busted a hand up they would be be picking high . If they lose tonight Smith is canned for a new face . They can't afford Gallant and he won't budge unless his money from NYR is matched or beaten . Ottawa can't afford him .
Well it"s not like 2.8M$ (3.5M$ - 400 000) is totally unaffordable for billionaires like Andlauer, the Malhotra and the Melnyk sisters
Having said that Im not sure if more losses would have him canned before they hire a new GM
Owners seems like they absolutely want a new GM who would hire his own coach.

Other than that Sens have no chance tonight
NYR are top 5 in most stats categories
Sens are bottom tier

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Can't complain when you're 18-4-1 but I think I jinxed Shesty and Quick by bringing up the Jennings trophy. Hope we can get back to allowing less than 3 a game on the regular.

Reactions: Greg02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad