GDT: Game #24: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators - 7pm ET, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
I'm so sick of the scheduling loss nonsense. We traveled. It's done. We will have the better goalie, pk, pp, and team overall. Plus no Chabot who plays 24 minutes a night. Just win.
well put.

Imagine having to play after travelling in our own first-class jet for about an hour after not playing since Sunday late afternoon.....oh, the horror.

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_3017.gif

11am puck drop down under

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Can we keep Brodz when Kakko and Chytil come back?

Kreider-Zibanejad-Brodzinski
Panarin-Trocheck-Lafrenière
Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko
Vesey-Goodrow/Bonino-Wheeler

put Kakko on pk
A good chance Pitlick will stay in the lineup over Wheeler. I'd also be fine giving Bonino a break here and there given his style and age in favor of Brodzinski, at least to save it for when it counts more later in the regular season and playoffs.

But this is way too early given that we don't have a near timetable for returns of both Chytil and Kakko.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Can't complain when you're 18-4-1 but I think I jinxed Shesty and Quick by bringing up the Jennings trophy. Hope we can get back to allowing less than 3 a game on the regular.
Yea, I noticed since you went on the Jennings wagon we’ve slowly dropped on the list for GA lol

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
well put.

Imagine having to play after travelling in our own first-class jet for about an hour after not playing since Sunday late afternoon.....oh, the horror.

Wait until they have a 40 minute plane ride home from DC on Saturday night.

Reactions: Mandar

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
well put.

Traveling still sucks!

I think it's more that people expect them to dominate every game of a 82 game schedule and if they don't then it becomes a Big Deal

there are no easy games in the NHL anymore and off days and down periods happen throughout the season. if they can gut out a win against a bleh team in december that's fine

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Boninos role: win the draw, turn the puck over 2 seconds later, flop on the ice and eat a slapshot, limp around and give up a quality chance in the slot anyway.

NYR fans after watching it: “sandpaper :cool:
He wins 53% of his faceoffs and he blocks shots. Compare that to Wheeler.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
We finally get two calls go our way (the Cuylle non high stick and the goal against called back for offsides) and Trouba was given a 5K fine for reckless use of his stick.
Then the NHL announces they got the Las Vegas Sphere for the June 28/29 2024 draft.
Surprised the main board hasn’t exploded yet.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We finally get two calls go our way (the Cuylle non high stick and the goal against called back for offsides) and Trouba was given a 5K fine for reckless use of his stick.
Then the NHL announces they got the Las Vegas Sphere for the June 28/29 2024 draft.

Would rather see U2 at the sphere to be honest.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I know we like to joke about the calls not going our way, but in the first game against Columbus where we had 2 goals overturned in the same period, Columbus also had a goal overturned.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know we like to joke about the calls not going our way, but in the first game against Columbus where we had 2 goals overturned in the same period, Columbus also had a goal overturned.

I still feel the off-sides challenge should go away. Have seen too many beautiful goals get turned back, for being slightly off-sides and it would not have made a difference. Since no one stopped skating in those situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00