GDT: Game #22| Feb. 27, 2013|Capitals at Flyers |7:30 p.m. ET

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
For a game that had nothing to do with them, Pens fans sure are whiny on their board.

where? I have to see it. There are a lot of sensible fans on their board - the problem is - they don't call out the teenagers for being complete homers. They don't shame their morons into shutting up. I think it's because they sucked for so many years that they have mainly younger fans.

The worst guy/girl over there is the one with the pink dress chainsaw girl avatar. He knows absolutely nothing about hockey outside of Pittsburgh. And nobody stops him. I'm sure he's on there calling Z a "goon". - I swear I got him to cry.

Last edited by a moderator:

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
where? I have to see it. There are a lot of sensible fans on their board - the problem is - they don't call out the teenagers for being complete homers. They don't shame their morons into shutting up. I think it's because they sucked for so many years that they have mainly younger fans.

The worst guy/girl over there is the one with the pink dress chainsaw girl avatar. He knows absolutely nothing about hockey outside of Pittsburgh. And nobody stops him. I'm sure he's on there calling Z a "goon". - I swear I got him to cry.
In their general NHL thread

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
They're calling us hypocrites because we send our "goons" out in the last minute, and complain when someone else does it to us.

And they thought it was fine when Vitale did the same thing to Briere last year.

This is also coming from the same franchise that kept their mouths shut while Matt Cooke was ending careers, until their superstar took an elbow to the face. Then they begged for rule changes. Talk about hypocrites. What a joke.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

The worst guy/girl over there is the one with the pink dress chainsaw girl avatar. He knows absolutely nothing about hockey outside of Pittsburgh. And nobody stops him. I'm sure he's on there calling Z a "goon".

:laugh:

The Giroux thread on the main boards is good one going right now. One of their dumb fans claimed Giroux was riding Voracek's coatails right now. He's pretty much getting hammered in that thread now.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
They're calling us hypocrites because we send our "goons" out in the last minute, and complain when someone else does it to us.

And they thought it was fine when Vitale did the same thing to Briere last year.

This is also coming from the same franchise that kept their mouths shut while Matt Cooke was ending careers, until their superstar took an elbow to the face. Then they begged for rule changes. Talk about hypocrites. What a joke.

**** the Pens fans.

fauxflex

Sep 5, 2009
I thought the D did an excellent job tonight. They were mostly stiff in their own end, blocking shots and hitting people but they also excelled at moving the puck out of the zone. Grossman, Schenn and Gervais in particular consistently made solid puck moving plays out of the defensive zone. This (and the strong forchecking effort) was a big reason the ice was tilted toward the Caps end most of the game.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
*reads post trashing specific member of other board* *covers face in shame*

why not? am I being classless? the guy is the worst Pens fan (or any fan) I have ever encountered. I'm "trashing" him here on our board - not trolling over there. I better edit my post before somebody tells on me.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
why not? am I being classless? the guy is the worst Pens fan (or any fan) I have ever encountered. I'm "trashing" him here on our board - not trolling over there. I better edit my post before somebody tells on me.

I feel the same way sometimes, can we not speak out on our own board... over moderated (not talking about our guys) sometimes, people do get up in arms.

Yukon Cornelius*

To be fair, it's only 2 guys and they both seem like they're simply going through the motions, waiting for the other one to make the first move and invite him upstairs for a night cap.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA

I thought that was fine too. It was a clean check and you should have known the Penguins were going to throw their bodies around. Putting Briere out on the ice was stupid.

I personally would rather put out the "goons" at the end of the game that you can't win/lose instead of one of your top players.

fauxflex

Sep 5, 2009
Gagne has always been a big game player. I think he looked very good tonight. His skating is still very good and he made some great plays. He easily could have had another point if Schenn hadn't been robbed by the Caps goalie (name?).

I think Couturier also looked quite good tonight, and Talbot got his first goal of the year as well. I look forward to seeing that line continue to play great defense while chipping in some more points than they had until tonight.

Just to pile on the Gags love, in his last stint for the Flyers beofre being traded to TB, the team was statistically more effective on the powerplay and PK with Gagne than without. He's a solid two way ES player and a very good special teams player. People talk like he's one of these 40 year old players, but he's what 33? If he's truly healthy, there's really no reason he couldn't be a 50-60 pt guy while playing solid d for another few years.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Gagne already looks to have some good chemistry with Cooter and Talbot didn't even seem too out of place on that line. It is a great shut down line with much more scoring potential now that Gagne is there. He still has a great shot and plays sound defense. I can't believe he was had for a 4th rounder. I also liked seeing Briere with Gagne a few times, because for this team to go far Briere has to turn it on.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
I thought that was fine too. It was a clean check and you should have known the Penguins were going to throw their bodies around. Putting Briere out on the ice was stupid.

I personally would rather put out the "goons" at the end of the game that you can't win/lose instead of one of your top players.
I agree except that I'll go so far as to say that putting Briere out wasn't stupid. What's the alternative, hide every time? Sometimes it's better to coach with some balls and let the chips fall where they fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad