GDT: Game #22| Feb. 27, 2013|Capitals at Flyers |7:30 p.m. ET

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
So how long till a thread on that hit is on the main board?

Completely clean. If he gets suspended, I hope Snider rips Shannahan a new one.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
(Question above) 5-minute majors can be enforced for certain penalties: kneeing, butt-ending, spearing, crosschecking, etc.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26301

An automatic game misconduct shall also be applicable whenever a player is assessed a major penalty for any of the infractions listed in the Reference Tables – Table 6 – Summary of Major Penalties that Result in an Automatic Game Misconduct. See specific rule numbers for complete descriptions.

When a player has been assessed a major penalty for any of the infractions listed in the Reference Tables – Table 7 – Summary of Major Penalties that Result in an Automatic Game Misconduct When There is an Injury to the Face or Head and his opponent has suffered an injury to the face or head, a game misconduct must also be assessed. See specific rule numbers for complete descriptions.

When a major and automatic game misconduct are assessed, the player shall be ruled off the ice for the balance of the game, but a substitute shall be permitted to replace the player so suspended after five (5) minutes have elapsed.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
143_TOB_Bulliet_Glass.jpg

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
In fairness, while it may have been a nice clean hit, it was completely unnecessary.

True. Kinda like the hit that Englund (I think?) put on Briere last year. Personally, I like teams playing hard till the clock hits triple zeros.

Edit: My bad, Vitale with the hit.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Personally, I like teams playing hard till the clock hits triple zeros.
Same. Role-players make their living off aspects of the game that aren't based on skill and offense. Suggesting that they ease up on legal plays is the same as suggesting teams "don't run up the score", which in my opinion is only justifiable if little kiddies are playing.

Now if it was a goon taking a big run at a pure skill player, different story.

whskybarJM

Jan 3, 2009
ca
Anyone watching sport night? Gagne is all about the playoffs and feeling some good hockey

"I know what it takes to play in Philly" - gagne

BernieTheGreat1

Sharp, Pointy Teeth
Jul 24, 2011
Camelot
Gagne tonight reminded me of vintage Gagne :yo:... if this wasn't just an adrenaline rush fueling his play, and he continues to look this sharp and avoid injuries this trade will be the steal of the century. Also he is going to do wonders for couturiers development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad