7th, actually.

* 0-1 v Buffalo - Loss
* 2-3 v Tampa - Loss
* 5-6-1 v Toronto - Loss
* 6-7-1 v New Jersey- Loss
* 8-9-1 v Florida - Loss
* 9-10-1 v Toronto - Loss
* 10-11-1 v Ottawa - ???

oh crap, i didn't think of the buffalo game since it was only the 2nd game of the season. anyway, the 7th time is the charm....

flyers get to 500 this Saturday, i can feel it in my gonads :nod:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I think the tougher opposition isn't as much of a problem as you'd think. Talent isn't an issue for us, it's getting them up for a game. It's a lot easier to pump up for Boston than it is Florida.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
In case anyone was wondering, the NHL has rescinded the kneeing major and game misconduct to Harry Z.

Harry Zolnierczyk had his five-minute major for kneeing Mathieu Perreault and the corresponding game misconduct rescinded by the NHL, a league spokesman confirmed.

The Philadelphia Flyers forward hit the Washington Capitals center with 24.6 seconds left Wednesday night, sparking some pushing and shoving. At first it looked like Zolnierczyk made knee-on-knee contact with Perreault, but replays showed he led with his shoulder and might have made knee-on-thigh or hip contact.

Perreault needed assistance but was walking around fine afterward.

Caps coach Adam Oates took no issue with Zolnierczyk’s hit on Perreault, instead blaming his own player for putting himself in that spot.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...eeing-mathieu-perreault-rescin/#ixzz2MIbizKgq
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
In case anyone was wondering, the NHL has rescinded the kneeing major and game misconduct to Harry Z.

Excellent, proper news. Thanks, MSE. Is it unprecedented that there are multiple major infractions overturned by the higher-ups? There have to be some pretty tense meetings among officials.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Excellent, proper news. Thanks, MSE. Is it unprecedented that there are multiple major infractions overturned by the higher-ups? There have to be some pretty tense meetings among officials.

In terms of volume, I can't really verify. By comparison to the supposed offense, the rescinded decision(s) would be similar to the next day's correction in a newspaper: page 5 in a small paragraph.

One high-profile instance came a few years ago in Chicago in a ridiculous call that had Lindros ejected. Chris Chelios went to bat, in a sense, for Lindros who would have been suspended the following game (automatic, amount of times he was ejected that season).

The reaction of the national broadcast crew on NBCSN last night was also pitiful.

I am pretty sure an Edmonton player had one rescinded a few years ago, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad