Post-Game Talk: GAME 22 - B's win in OT 2-1

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
On my way home from the Gahden. That was not easy, but definitely satisfying. I really was hoping for a regulation win , the no goal call on the ice:ha: but happy to see an OT win, don’t know how long they can sustain getting points without Bergy and Z, the PK is scary.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Can someone tell me who scored the disallowed goal so I can decide if we got ripped off or not lol . If your answer is Kuraly I can't agree with you.

Kuraly didn’t push the goalie’s pad significantly until his second shove had already put the puck in, so you ought to agree either way. You have to be able to make contact with the goalie’s pads on a followthrough. He didn’t move his pad whatsoever with the first graze, and the puck was in the net by the time the second followthrough even made contact with the pad (goalie was a foot off the post).

Reactions: Strafer

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Really hard to believe the Bs were able to win in OT given that Pasta and Marchy haven't been doing great as of late and Bergy is out. Throw in all the missing key d-men, and it was a minor miracle the Bs pulled it out in OT. Everyone on the Bs gave a top notch effort, but the lack of skill players is still a huge issue. Tonight the only reason the Bs made it into OT was the goalie put on one hell of a show. Some of Halak's saves tonight might not have had flair, but they were about as difficult of stops as a goalie can make. The Bs got out of sorts in their own zone quite a bit tonight and Halak bailed them out big time. Just a massive performance from him.
“The only reason the B’s made it to OT tonight” was because they were robbed on that no-goal call in the 2nd. Toronto handed the Pens a free point tonight

Reactions: Strafer

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Heinen looked very good live apparently on TV he sucked
He didn’t suck, but puck definitely dies on his blade a little too often. He gets nervous with the puck on his stick. Otherwise he’s a very good 3-zone player. He just lacks offensive confidence at the moment

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Pro Scouting had one heck of a haul

Wagner has been excellent last 2 games

Nordstrom this years Riley Nash

Moore has been very good

Halak phenomenal

Great bargain shopping

I havent been a fan of the Wagner signing at all but youre right that he's looked much better the past two games. Loved how he drove the net on that one play. I think he might have a bit of chemistry with Backes.

Agree on all the other. Fantastic haul overall.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Pro Scouting had one heck of a haul

Wagner has been excellent last 2 games

Nordstrom this years Riley Nash

Moore has been very good

Halak phenomenal

Great bargain shopping

I could beg you pump the brakes on Nordstrom for a half step and larger sample but no other qualms.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Really hard to believe the Bs were able to win in OT given that Pasta and Marchy haven't been doing great as of late and Bergy is out. Throw in all the missing key d-men, and it was a minor miracle the Bs pulled it out in OT. Everyone on the Bs gave a top notch effort, but the lack of skill players is still a huge issue. Tonight the only reason the Bs made it into OT was the goalie put on one hell of a show. Some of Halak's saves tonight might not have had flair, but they were about as difficult of stops as a goalie can make. The Bs got out of sorts in their own zone quite a bit tonight and Halak bailed them out big time. Just a massive performance from him.
Agree. It was a very ugly two points.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I could beg you pump the brakes on Nordstrom for a half step and larger sample but no other qualms.

For me, Nordstrom has looked really good on the wing and not as good at center. If they can slot him on the wing then he's going to help.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This just in: The head official has called all players out to carry on the OT. He intended to scratch his nose just prior to the goal, upon which a tiny bit of air from his nostrils might have entered the whistle, calling forth the tiniest sound, rendering the play meaningless.

Intention to maybe accidentally blow the whistle is a real issue, respect it.

Meanwhile back in Toronto....

giphy.gif

Reactions: Orr Fourever

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I liked Cave tonight. It appeared Clifton was shaky from midway through the second though. He looked low on energy.

Didn't see any smelling salts on the bench tonight.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Agree. It was a very ugly two points.

I completely disagree. I thought the Bruins were really playing well. The passes were on the tape, guys were moving. Especially given the circumstances i was impressed with everything tonight except Pasta.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Kuraly didn’t push the goalie’s pad significantly until his second shove had already put the puck in, so you ought to agree either way. You have to be able to make contact with the goalie’s pads on a followthrough. He didn’t move his pad whatsoever with the first graze, and the puck was in the net by the time the second followthrough even made contact with the pad (goalie was a foot off the post).
Agree, it was a goal. Kuralay just gave it an extra push after it was in. Then a two second delay before the ref waived it off preceded by no whistle and then no explanation to the fans either.

That was a good goal.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I completely disagree. I thought the Bruins were really playing well. The passes were on the tape, guys were moving. Especially given the circumstances i was impressed with everything tonight except Pasta.
I counted at least 20 passes that were on the tape but not received clean.

And PIT sucks over the last ten it should have been an easy win imo

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He’s to smart and fundamentally sound and we had zero expectations so the odds are he ends up in a good light

Reactions: Salem13

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia

I thought Pasta looked really good tonight actually, he set up Marchand for 3 easy tap ins that Marchand flubbed and then assisted on the OT winner.

Reactions: Strafer and DKH

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah, Halák is really, really good.

According to everyone on every other board, he’s going to fall apart during the latter half of the year and in the PO’s if we get there, but right now I’m willing to take that risk.

Reactions: Emerz and maxbme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad