Post-Game Talk: GAME 22 - B's win in OT 2-1

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Have to disagree here. I for one think they got it right. The goalie had his pad on the line with the puck. You are not allowed to push his pad into the net in that case to get the puck in which is exactly what Kurally did.
I’m usually on your side, but not in this case.

Disagree with both the idea that they “got it right” AND how you saw the play.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
In the second period Jack mentions that Pittsburgh has the 3rd least PP opportunities given due to penalties on their opposing teams. I tried looking this up but couldn't. Anyone know where I can see this stat for every team in the NHL? I think it would be very telling...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
46513072_10216541743268782_8889573775679422464_n.jpg

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I’m usually on your side, but not in this case.

Disagree with both the idea that they “got it right” AND how you saw the play.

For a league that claims it wants more scoring they sure do everything possible to hinder and discourage scoring. Everyone around me last night said "it'll count, good goal." I turned and said "wanna bet?" Nobody took me up on it.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Yeah, Halák is really, really good.

According to everyone on every other board, he’s going to fall apart during the latter half of the year and in the PO’s if we get there, but right now I’m willing to take that risk.

If that is true, I'd say he's on the right team with Rask usually being a slow starter and playing better as the season goes along.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
In the second period Jack mentions that Pittsburgh has the 3rd least PP opportunities given due to penalties on their opposing teams. I tried looking this up but couldn't. Anyone know where I can see this stat for every team in the NHL? I think it would be very telling...

Go the NHL.com and go to Team Stats - use the drop down box under "Report" - it is listed there under Power Play Time, run report and it is under PP Opp.

Reactions: Strafer

Alexei Yashvalev

Nov 15, 2006
Victoria B.C.
Yeah, Halák is really, really good.

According to everyone on every other board, he’s going to fall apart during the latter half of the year and in the PO’s if we get there, but right now I’m willing to take that risk.

Been watching Halak since his Montreal days. He's been stellar in every playoff year he's played in. Can be terrible if asked to play 40+ games though.

Since 2010 his playoff save percentages are .923, .935 and .926.

Dude has so much natural talent and his highs are so high that it always leaves people wanting more, which he sadly hasn't always been able to deliver in the regular season.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Been watching Halak since his Montreal days. He's been stellar in every playoff year he's played in. Can be terrible if asked to play 40+ games though.

Since 2010 his playoff save percentages are .923, .935 and .926.

Dude has so much natural talent and his highs are so high that it always leaves people wanting more, which he sadly hasn't always been able to deliver in the regular season.
He’s also played amazing for Slovakia in the Vancouver Olympics and for Team Europe at the last World Cup. He can bring it in big games.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Good game.

My only complaint would be that we should score more goals but we actually got three so that's ok.

Glad Miller is back, his physical presence, as Lou already mentioned, was/is important.

Heinen had a good 1st half of the game, sneaky passes, he's about to go on a streak, points wise.

Gryz continues to impress, especially in our zone, so agile and so smart. Kid is very talented and is becoming better and better.

Halak - i am not even nervous anymore when they have a
breakaway.

Good win, very well done by the boys.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Just my opinion but so much wrong with this post. Krejci was one of the best Bruins on the ice tonight, exception being Halak.

Cave had a great game, strong on the dot, very good on the back check and played physical.

Backers won’t be sitting tomorrow, you will be disappointed.

Griz is far from the best defensive defence man on the team, he played well tonight but was the main cause of two odd man rushes tonight for the Pens. If you think he is better than Chara, Moore or Carlo defensively, you need to watch more. He may be making a lot of money two years from now but doubt it is in Boston, he is likely the 7th dman when all are healthy, if that happens.
I'm not sure what game you watched but Chara and Carlo were not playing. Of all the Bruins defenders, Grzelcyk was easily the best defensive defenseman on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad