GDT: Game #21| Feb. 25, 2013|Maple Leafs at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Im done with this coach. I liked him the first couple season but these last two have turned me against him.

Just keep Giroux, Couts, B. Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, Harntell, Read, McGinn, Rinaldo, L. Schenn, Grossmann, and Gus. I am on the fence with Coburn but I would probably keep him unless he can be packaged with other assets for a #1. Trade everyone else for whatever we can get, even if it is just 7th round picks. Talbot and Knuble have been terrible all season

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Idk why you have briere on the ice with the extra man in a game played on the boards as much as this one.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Simmonds
Timonen-Schenn

Is that so hard to fathom?

flyingsouth

Jun 29, 2011
Sydney
Im done with this coach. I liked him the first couple season but these last two have turned me against him.

Just keep Giroux, Couts, B. Schenn, Voracek, Simmonds, Harntell, Read, McGinn, Rinaldo, L. Schenn, Grossmann, and Gus. I am on the fence with Coburn but I would probably keep him unless he can be packaged with other assets for a #1. Trade everyone else for whatever we can get, even if it is just 7th round picks. Talbot and Knuble have been terrible all season

Agree with pretty much everything here. I'm in favour of shipping Coburn, he's only really good on the 3-4 games a year we get of angry Coburn. The rest of the time he's fairly useless.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Agree with pretty much everything here. I'm in favour of shipping Coburn, he's only really good on the 3-4 games a year we get of angry Coburn. The rest of the time he's fairly useless.

Problem with this team is we have 4 #3 defenseman and a couple 4/5's. Yes even timonen is no better than a 3. This group wouldnt be bad if we could just get that elusive #1 guy. Giving timonen that contract was stupid. He hasn't been close to a number 1 in about 3 years

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Briere has one great play all season that I can remember. The GW goal against Carolina. Other then that, nothing. I think Jackson said he was on a 5 game point streak going into the game? I can't even imagine how, because he looked absolutely invisible out there tonight and pretty much all season.

The team looked out of synch. They would dump and chase into Leafs zone and get out manned along the boards. Seemed like 3 Leafs on 2 Flyers most of the time. I give the Leafs credit. They played a solid defensive game. Simmonds and Hartnell were the Flyers best players, I thought. Wish Simmers would have scored on the breakaway coming out of the box. Went to the backhand too fast and the goalie was ready for it.

Wanted to see a Hartnell-Phanuef scrap damn it!

flyingsouth

Jun 29, 2011
Sydney
Problem with this team is we have 4 #3 defenseman and a couple 4/5's. Yes even timonen is no better than a 3. This group wouldnt be bad if we could just get that elusive #1 guy. Giving timonen that contract was stupid. He hasn't been close to a number 1 in about 3 years

I agree. At his peak, Kimmo was a 1/2, but has gradually declined into being a middle pairing guy. 6M for what Kimmo has been bringing to the table these days is insane.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Thinly veiled brag about being a #baller

I'll be hanging with my man pitbull #dbag
Pitbull_2,_2012.jpg

pitbull_bald_hair_face_look_4197_1280x1024.jpg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Not the only reason they lost tonight but those ultra soft goals by Bryz are pretty back breaking. 7 more years!

He might get 1 more year to make sense fiscally a bit more, but now way he stays if he doesn't get more consistent. Key is gonna be getting Danny to leave at the deadline .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad