GDT: Game #21| Feb. 25, 2013|Maple Leafs at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah good point on Bryz. Him not being in MVP form now kind of ruins any chance we had at doing anything serious.

Knuble was a bad idea from the start by the way.

Last edited:

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Yeah good point on Bryz. Him not being in MVP form now kind of ruins any chance we had at doing anything serious.

Knuble was a pot idea from the start by the way.

As much as we struggled to score, bryz let in two soft goals as well. He's no longer above criticism.

I was against the knuble move from the start. I knew he would be over used and in the wrong situations, and I was right.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
As much as we struggled to score, bryz let in two soft goals as well. He's no longer above criticism.

I was against the knuble move from the start. I knew he would be over used and in the wrong situations, and I was right.

Knuble was pretty much done when he left here a couple seasons ago. They would have been better off letting the young guys like Harry Z, Wellwood, and Sestito (before his injury) play and gain some experience

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yeah I had no fears of him being misused just thought he was pointless and redundant considering he's over the hill and we have a plethora of young bottom six guys.

Yukon Cornelius*

Not sending out either Wayne Simmonds or Brayden Schenn (who were both equally rested at that point) as the extra attacker is inexcusable. Leaving Danny Briere out there for a buck and a quarter is inexcusable. Playing "G" (1:44) and Voracek (2:07) at the end of the game is maddening.

Lavi's feel for this team is shot. His system is failing and his instincts are askew. His time has passed and it's time for some new thinking behind the bench.

Hit the bricks kid and don't forget the feather in your cap!

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
The leafs are a prime example as to why Philly needs a coaching change. I'm a leaf fan thats seen it all. Wilson was a similar coach to Laviolette. Win games by scoring rather then defending. Sure makes for exciting hockey, however the teams often become hit and miss.

The leafs seem to just suck the flare out of the game. Really suffocate any momentum and excitement by playing solid shut down defense, dump, chase, pin and change. Capitalizing on w.e opportunity they get.

The Flyers have a roster that is better then what is on the ice. If Carlyle can make the leafs what they are, someone can improve Philly. Hens the drop off in bryz's goaltending from phoenix to philly. Reimer got completely shelled last season, this year he and 1st timer scrivens are combining for the 3rd best team goaltending in the league... Who woulda thunk...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad