GDT: Game #21| Feb. 25, 2013|Maple Leafs at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

RhyZa

Jul 3, 2006
Leafs fan here, I definitely don't root for you guys but keep your head up, your team can be lethal.

The combo of physicality and offensive firepower is dangerous and can still overcome some of the goalie woes. Once you get on a roll it could be scary. Giroux is going to flat out go off soon, and Voracek is beasting. Not sure what Knuble is doing still playing, and Simmonds is kind of unimpressive. B Schenn is a keeper, and Hartnell is a great leader.

Other than that the Leafs put on a brave road performance but got a bit lucky to hold you off.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Giroux is really starting to heat up. Really looking forward to seeing him suit up for Team Canada a year from now. The Flyers are definitely a better team than their record indicates. Lavi has always seemed like a good coach to me, but it seems that the players are tuning him out right now for whatever reason. Despite the heated rivalry between Toronto and Philadelphia over the years, I like your team and hope you guys turn it around and make it into the playoffs.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I agree. At his peak, Kimmo was a 1/2, but has gradually declined into being a middle pairing guy. 6M for what Kimmo has been bringing to the table these days is insane.

What? In his prime, Timonen was at least a top fifteen defenseman, if not top ten. I have no idea where you got the idea that he was a 1/2 tweener. At this current point, he's still a great number two defenseman.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
What? In his prime, Timonen was at least a top fifteen defenseman, if not top ten. I have no idea where you got the idea that he was a 1/2 tweener. At this current point, he's still a great number two defenseman.

no he has not and hasnt been since 2010. Kimmo was a great player , he is no longer that player. He is so immobile , but still has the best hands of any d man we have.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
A team being poorly constructed isn't the same as not caring.

This team isn't as much poorly constructed as they are young and inconsistent in key areas. I have no hesitation in saying that half of their losses would be wins if they came out and gave a full sixty minute effort.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
no he has not and hasnt been since 2010. Kimmo was a great player , he is no longer that player. He is so immobile , but still has the best hands of any d man we have.

Agree to disagree then. I think most teams would still have him slotted as their number two on their roster. Part of the reason he looks immobile at times is because his partner or the forwards hang him out to dry. Christ, it happened tonight when B. Schenn absolutely butchered a play at the point leading to Kimmo taking a penalty.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Agree to disagree then. I think most teams would still have him slotted as their number two on their roster. Part of the reason he looks immobile at times is because his partner or the forwards hang him out to dry. Christ, it happened tonight when B. Schenn absolutely butchered a play at the point leading to Kimmo taking an (UNNECESSARY) penalty.

Seriously, there was no reason Timonen needed to trip him there. He had contained him to the outside.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
He was fantastic in November-December of last year...he was playing incredible hockey. Then the injuries began.
Yup, I remember that. I also remember Kimmo/Coburn playing so well together in 2008 or 2009, but Coburn never plays with a nasty streak like I'd hoped.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yup, I remember that. I also remember Kimmo/Coburn playing so well together in 2008 or 2009, but Coburn never plays with a nasty streak like I'd hoped.

That puck in the face Coburn took in that Pens series was his downfall. They guy never seemed the same after that play.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Talbot is still doing OK in all areas but goal scoring. His D has been solid enough and i'm happy to give him time to work it out.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
What? In his prime, Timonen was at least a top fifteen defenseman, if not top ten. I have no idea where you got the idea that he was a 1/2 tweener.
Many Flyers fans have become increasingly obsessed with the piece Homer went after in the offseason. I think the obsession is there because we actually thought we had it for a short while, and then we didn't. So now anything less pales that much more in comparison. It's a strange little quirk of the fanbase but it's definitely noticeable.

WeekendAtBernies

Jun 27, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
He went for the pokecheck and got skates instead. It wasn't a penalty as a result of a lack of mobility or laziness. Sometimes **** just happens.

**** has been happening far too often with Kimmo Timonen this year. The way he played to finish last year, he didn't deserve to get a 6M deal for 2013-2014. The way he has played thus far, he doesn't deserve 6M for 2013-2014.

Homer messed up. AGAIN. I don't understand why he couldn't just wait to see if maybe those injuries were going to add up / to make sure that Timonen can still make it through a full NHL season without the caliber of his play slipping.

Maybe we can still trade him though...

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
I'm about finished with Rusty and Knuble. Time to get Harry Z and Wellwood in the lineup together and just go pure pace. Still doesn't solve our lack of speed on the back end, the amount of times our Dman got burned wide by Leaf forwards tonight was staggering, but at least our forwards would be able to skate.

Hartnell - Roux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Briere
McGinn - Couturier - Rinaldo
Harry Z - Talbot - Wellwood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->