GDT: Game #21 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Don't think this team makes the playoffs without Nyquist. I know we're down two top six forwards, but this is just inexcusable.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I want to know how in the world that is not a penalty on helm? Helm may have lost his footing but he was celarly shoved

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Seriously, how much better would the 4th line be in a game like this with Toots on that line instead of DFC.

would it make a difference though? this team would still suck. and tootoo can't score either.

this team doesn't need tootoo. this team needs skill and speed. which is why nyquist would help, but still wouldn't change the whole problem. we need more players like him.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Don't think this team makes the playoffs without Nyquist. I know we're down two top six forwards, but this is just inexcusable.

19 shots on goal against the NEW YORK ****ING ISLANDERS..I thought I was frustrated after the last game, and the one before, and the one before, and the one before.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Why does everyone think Nyquist will turn around the team -_- He's very talented, but it's going to take a lot more than just him to turn things around.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
would it make a difference though? this team would still suck. and tootoo can't score either.

this team doesn't need tootoo. this team needs skill and speed. which is why nyquist would help, but still wouldn't change the whole problem. we need more players like him.

Tootoo is fast and draws penalties. We could use that right now.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
This team has zero heart this year outside of the Pav, Z, Kronner and DeKeyser.

I don't think heart is the problem. I've seen heart from Abby all season long. Helm, Bert, even Tatar plays hard despite his unfortunate circumstances. Cleary might suck but he has heart. Miller gives it his all. Eaves, Emmerton and Tootoo did the same before being waived.

We need talent. Heart is overrated.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Tootoo is fast and draws penalties. We could use that right now.

he also gets penalties. ;)

while he's probably better than cleary, just like almost any AHLer would be, he's still not enough to make any difference. we need a bigger shakeup.

and it won't happen. so i guess i will just stop watching the wings for now and watch other games every night. :dunno:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

He would make a difference out there. Maybe not on the scoresheet but he provides energy and grit.

Hooterz

Oct 7, 2013
Ohio
I think a lot of you guys need to calm down and stop thinking the Wings are going to finish last in the league. Don't understand why people panic all the time when the Wings are losing.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I don't think heart is the problem. I've seen heart from Abby all season long. Helm, Bert, even Tatar plays hard despite his unfortunate circumstances. Cleary might suck but he has heart. Miller gives it his all. Eaves, Emmerton and Tootoo did the same before being waived.

We need talent. Heart is overrated.

There definitely is a taken deficiency in our bottom six, but heart is a problem. We need Mule to be dominant night after night, game after game. We need Howie to be one of our best players on in the majority of the games we play. We need to Cleary, Abby, Bert, etc to win more puck battles then they lose (which is not the case).

Too many times this season we have played with no urgency. This team has too much talent as it is to sit where we sit in the standings.

Detroit Sports*

Yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad