GDT: Game #21 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
There definitely is a taken deficiency in our bottom six, but heart is a problem. We need Mule to be dominant night after night, game after game. We need Howie to be one of our best players on in the majority of the games we play. We need to Cleary, Abby, Bert, etc to win more puck battles then they lose (which is not the case).

Too many times this season we have played with no urgency. This team has too much talent as it is to sit where we sit in the standings.

I don't entirely disagree. I think the lack of urgency is a byproduct amplified by fatigue, but it's something that is mildly noticeable, which is bad. Franzen is what he is and we know what he is. We'll either buy him out this summer or deal with it for what, six more years? You're talking about replacing him with a dynamite top line winger, which isn't really feasible (I would say in before Hossa reply, but someone hasn't been around in a while...). We should have more talent in our bottom six as soon as next season as several contracts expire (and we hopefully let them walk) and several other young guys waiver eligibility expires. We're just kind of screwed this year.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wow we tied it up? I seriously had no faith. But we're now guaranteed to lose since it's OT. ho hum

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
LOL another 4 on 3 in OT too with Wings shorthanded. Is it seriously Groundhog Day for the Wings?

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
By the way, 'limited offensive upside" Dekeyser now has more points than any forward on the roster aside from Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Alfredsson, Franzen, and Bertuzzi. He's only one point behind both Franzen and Bertuzzi.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Tatar and Helm is a great forward pair for 4 on 4. Good to see it out there. Makes me think they might get a chance next time we're in the situation and not short handed.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
cleary, sammy and gator for the shootout please.

time to try something new. :D

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Howard doesn't? :laugh:

When you watch them they're not even comparable. Gus flops around all over the place and leaves the net open behind him pretty frequently. Even in his player of the week stretch earlier in the season, he's just everywhere. It's his style, and it's certainly more "heart attack" inducing than Howie's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce