GDT: Game #21 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Looks like Franzen's still out of his month-long disappearing acts right now

That... or Helm and Tatar are really good with him? There's a thought.

I doubted Helm's potential on the second line, but he's been great. Looked better than Weiss has all season in his short time back. Tatar is a guy who we all think should be getting regular top six minutes. Having some real speed on the line is really putting a shot into it. Helm has always created scoring chances with his forechecking and speed, and Franzen seems to be really benefiting from it.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Gus has let in some questionable goals. But just like with Howard, if our defense was at all competent, they don't go in

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
So can we honestly say now it's not all Howard and mostly the team in front of him.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
So can we honestly say now it's not all Howard and mostly the team in front of him.

No one ever said it was "all" Howard except for a few extremist haters.

And if Gustavsson is some sort of measuring stick against which were gauging Howard's performance, that should give you your answer.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

wasn't that obvious anyway?

howard looks average and that is simply not good enough. but he is part of the general problem. the whole team is not looking good. he is surely not the only problem or the biggest. just a part.

that being said, this team is really not fun to watch. they are able to ruin every positive moment by doing something completely idiotic right after.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
why do I keep watching these games? its the exact same thing every game.

When Dats and Z are rolling, nobody else does anything. We finally get another line rolling, and Dats and z are nowhere to be found. How about a complete team game for once?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
wasn't that obvious anyway?

howard looks average and that is simply not good enough. but he is part of the general problem. the whole team is not looking good. he is surely not the only problem or the biggest. just a part.

that being said, this team is really not fun to watch. they are able to ruin every positive moment by doing something completely idiotic right after.

I can't remember the last "fun" Wings game to watch. I honestly wish I didn't like the team so much, and could actually just not watch. Unfortunately, that's not possible. It's pretty obvious where this game is going. A couple powerplays would be nice but we don't get those this year.

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I doubted Helm's potential on the second line, but he's been great. Looked better than Weiss has all season in his short time back. Tatar is a guy who we all think should be getting regular top six minutes. Having some real speed on the line is really putting a shot into it. Helm has always created scoring chances with his forechecking and speed, and Franzen seems to be really benefiting from it.

Pretty much agreed on all points.

Just realized Helm's already got more points than Weiss. Nice!

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
I'm not sure I'm disappointed that we're going in tied to the third. At least we won't see 20 minutes of trying to hold a one goal lead which would mean they'd eventually tie it and we'd have to get our offensive game back again. This way we skip the ******** and just Cleary on.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I can't remember the last "fun" Wings game to watch. I honestly wish I didn't like the team so much, and could actually just not watch. Unfortunately, that's not possible. It's pretty obvious where this game is going. A couple powerplays would be nice but we don't get those this year.

We are way too slow without much skill to draw penalties this year. Always stuck on our zone = more PP for them

Detroit Sports*

''You guys were begging me for Gus right???'':laugh::laugh:

1297466282504_ORIGINAL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad