Post-Game Talk: GAME 20 Had Them All The Way - BRUINS 2 Arizona 1 FINAL

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Nurse fighting Bennett.
Nurse tells refs to not step into fight.
Bennett huge open ice hit on Draistatl.
Tkachuk chirping and trolling the Oilers.
Kassian double minor for grabbing Tkachuk and he turtles.
McDavid getting into brawls.
Lucic and Tkachuk chirping across the benches.

...end of 1st.
Kassian actually got a triple minor and a ten minute misconduct, have to stay up for the rest of this one.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Burke on HNIC begging Marchand to stop with the antic because he loves him. Saying Marchand is one of the most complete players in the NHL and repeatedly says he loves him but the clown-show antics need to stop. Says GM or Neely need to sit him down. And then more love for Marchand from Burke.

Pretty accurate feelings and how many Bruins fans feel too.
I would agree with most of this including his miming diving. However, I don't have any problem with him putting a towel on his stick in the penalty box and waive it briefly. How is that a penalty in any way? He didn't waive it above the glass or threaten any staff in the box. It was pretty innocuous.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Doesn’t have the natural skill to be Ellis good. Ellis dominated Junior hockey and the World Juniors as a dynamic offensive player.

Off the top of my head I can’t think of a real good comparison. Darryl Sydor maybe ?!?
I can't really speak to Sydor because most of his career came before my time, but he's somewhere between Ellis and Spurgeon. He's definitely not as offensively gifted as Ellis, but his transition ability, stick work and effectiveness at shutting down plays are next level.

He's a really fun player to watch and he's continued to raise his game. Excited to see where he goes from here. When all healthy, he has to be in the top 6 somehow.

Reactions: Rumpy

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I would agree with most of this including his miming diving. However, I don't have any problem with him putting a towel on his stick in the penalty box and waive it briefly. How is that a penalty in any way? He didn't waive it above the glass or threaten any staff in the box. It was pretty innocuous.

There’s two main schools of thought here:

One view is don’t show up the refs, don’t hurt your team, don’t put yourself above the team and the game

The other view is Marchand is a target and he isn’t gonna get any breaks at all so when he gets the short end he’s gonna let them know about it

I see both sides but I look at one thing:

How did he get to where he is?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Burke on HNIC begging Marchand to stop with the antic because he loves him. Saying Marchand is one of the most complete players in the NHL and repeatedly says he loves him but the clown-show antics need to stop. Says GM or Neely need to sit him down. And then more love for Marchand from Burke.

Marchand isn’t Marchand if not for a little bit of stupid shit. Sure, he needs to really minimize it, but Brad Marchand is who he is. He needs to not pull any dirty shit and he needs to pick the right times to pull his antics, but I’d be lying if I say I want him to completely abandon his rat style.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Marchand isn’t Marchand if not for a little bit of stupid ****. Sure, he needs to really minimize it, but Brad Marchand is who he is. He needs to not pull any dirty **** and he needs to pick the right times to pull his antics, but I’d be lying if I say I want him to completely abandon his rat style.

Can’t argue with any of this

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Huge to get 3 out of 4 points this weekend

We should be getting some help Wednesday

Cassidy said

McAvoy
Miller
Carlo
Vaakanainen

Are all a possibility for The Detroit game

I assume Bergeron and Moore with be a GTD as well
That’s great . Getting 3 out of 4 points this weekend was awesome but it isn’t sustainable with that group on the backend . You have to figure Sweeney will deal a defenceman later in the year with the depth that they have .

Reactions: 13Hockey

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
That’s great . Getting 3 out of 4 points this weekend was awesome but it isn’t sustainable with that group on the backend . You have to figure Sweeney will deal a defenceman later in the year with the depth that they have .

It doesn’t need to be sustainable. They just need to hold the fort and get some points until we get some guys back.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

If they get healthy in the next week or so they should be able to survive no Chara for a month and not need a trade

Krug Carlo
Moore McAvoy
Grzelyck Miller
Lauzon Kampfer
Vaakanainen

A combo of that top 8/9 should
Be able to win many games without Chara

I expect we get several guys back next week and won’t need a trade on D if we can avoid the injury bug from here on

But also where adding several trade pieces for the deadline with these showcases of our D talent to make a big move later in the year

Reactions: wintersej

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I know Marchand goes over the limit at times, but Burke should've also explained that there's usually a reason for his antics, and last night I'd say Brad was within his rights to wave the white flag.

I wish somebody would sit the refs down and tell them to stop their clown-show antics as well, but unfortunately that won't happen.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
There’s two main schools of thought here:

One view is don’t show up the refs, don’t hurt your team, don’t put yourself above the team and the game

The other view is Marchand is a target and he isn’t gonna get any breaks at all so when he gets the short end he’s gonna let them know about it

I see both sides but I look at one thing:

How did he get to where he is?
General douche baggery would be the name of that street lol.

Combine that with an influx of new refs with shorter fuses. Including that possible/probable fan of Hannibal Lector’s work from last night.

And here we are.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I think Cam was about 50 pounds slimmer in 2011.

It wasn’t from tonight’s game but more recent than 2011.

I know it wasn't from 2011 (he was thinner and had a lot less gray hair) but looking at his reaction made me think of 2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad