Post-Game Talk: GAME 20 Had Them All The Way - BRUINS 2 Arizona 1 FINAL

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Well...my cable provider where I’m staying is kind enough to let me see Bruins in 2...

So I could get a look at the no goal. In a vacuum, I’d like that one to be deemed no goal. Some contact with players jostling at the top of the crease, stick gets tangled, I’d just assume call no-goal instances where the goalie is that effected. It’s cheap.

That being said, (here’s where the vacuum comes in)...the Bruins would 100% not get that call.

It was inadvertent contact while two skaters were battling in front...you know, that area where you can flat out forearm a guy in the face and it’s in the realm of a hockey play...and the stick was knocked loose...

I’m certain it would have been labeled inadvertent traffic and the Bruins would have gotten a “oh well, tough luck,” from the stripes.

This is the real problem.

Wasn’t it just last year Tuukka got stick checked on a shot and they let it slide? You know, “inadvertent” contact.

Well we have certainly had our bad calls/ see Kuraly in playoffs etc but we have had the odd break. Letting Debrusk clear out the goalie and D.K throw it in an empty net against the flyers for a very important goal seemed awful generous .

I also understand you said this goal shouldn't count but if the roles were reversed we would be crying rightfully so for years if they let a goal like this stand against us . To me this was a very obvious no goal .

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Acciari out works the yotes on the faceoff and sets up JFK who was smart to be flying by the top of the crease.

Yeah, I saw the highlight for that one. There was a play later in the game where Acciari was wide open in the slot and didn't score, and I believe Jack said JFK fed him. It wouldn't be a highlighted play, I don't think. Was just wondering if anyone remembered whether JFK actually gave him the pass or if it was a turnover and Jack just missed it.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Yeah, I saw the highlight for that one. There was a play later in the game where Acciari was wide open in the slot and didn't score, and I believe Jack said JFK fed him. It wouldn't be a highlighted play, I don't think. Was just wondering if anyone remembered whether JFK actually gave him the pass or if it was a turnover and Jack just missed it.

Acciari was all alone in the slot as an Arizona player had the puck along the right board behind the net. Either the puck got stipped and sent to Noel or it was a bad center pass. I remember it was really unexpected and most people did not even notice the play until Acciari had it on his still all alone.

From the game notes in the 2nd period:

17:02
i
Danton Heinen credited with hit on Jordan Oesterle in offensive zone
17:17
i
Giveaway by Jordan Oesterle in defensive zone
17:17
i
Shot on goal by Noel Acciari saved by Darcy Kuemper
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Burke on HNIC begging Marchand to stop with the antic because he loves him. Saying Marchand is one of the most complete players in the NHL and repeatedly says he loves him but the clown-show antics need to stop. Says GM or Neely need to sit him down. And then more love for Marchand from Burke.

Pretty accurate feelings and how many Bruins fans feel too.

I’ll care when someone goes on and asks the NHL to do something about the officiating.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll care when someone goes on and asks the NHL to do something about the officiating.
I remember as a kid seeing Bill Friday hit the ice pregame in the old garden and 13,909? Would boo for 5 minutes as he went around until teams hit the ice

Ben Drieth likely cost the Patriots the 1976 Super Bowl

NBA refs ???

Al, it’s been like this for 50 years

Reactions: Strafer

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA

Acciari intercepted an attempted breakout pass

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I remember as a kid seeing Bill Friday hit the ice pregame in the old garden and 13,909? Would boo for 5 minutes as he went around until teams hit the ice

NBA refs ???

Wasn’t the Garden capacity 14,448?

For some reason that number sticks in my mind.

As for the officiating....I don’t think it’s ever been this bad.

Part of it may be the shift in attitude regarding the physical stuff, as a lot of these guys grew up differently than we did.

While it’s always been a problem to some degree, I still don’t know why the press is so reluctant to address it.

They’re all over players and coaches when they don’t perform, but they ignore the garbage officiating that happens in 75% or more of the games.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Wasn’t the Garden capacity 14,448?

For some reason that number sticks in my mind.

As for the officiating....I don’t think it’s ever been this bad.

Part of it may be the shift in attitude regarding the physical stuff, as a lot of these guys grew up differently than we did.

While it’s always been a problem to some degree, I still don’t know why the press is so reluctant to address it.

They’re all over players and coaches when they don’t perform, but they ignore the garbage officiating that happens in 75% or more of the games.

I remember my dad saying it was 13,909 in the late 60’s and 70’s. That is ingrained in my head like my kids names :nod:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
no way he sits
Miller is a #5/6 guy and was just okay before he got hurt but very replaceable. Lauzon has played better then him so far. They want puck movers and Miller is not it, slightly better then Kampfer. I would play the kid Lauzon over both. Kid will not learn anymore in the AHL, he is ready.

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Was there at the game last night. I recommend a trip to Gila Arena at least once in your life. It's a great venue.
Definitely NOT old time hockey--I'm Boston Garden born and bred--but it was a good night of hockey with no one spilling beer on you or fighting in the bathrooms. It was a polite crowd to say the least. There was a "Lets Go Bruins" chant at about 2 minutes to go which made me smile. There was a huge sea of black and gold in the stands.

A big road win. Lots of dump band chase, but to be expected with so many new roster names.
Wont be our last game there... (feel free to stay with us if you come down)

...and yes...they are encouraged to howl...:eyeroll:

Last edited:

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC

NBA refs ???

The problem is that it is obviously a broken system and there is no desire to make serious changes to fix it. As long as the Carey Price like diving is encouraged on incidental contact, the system will stay broken.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Burke on HNIC begging Marchand to stop with the antic because he loves him. Saying Marchand is one of the most complete players in the NHL and repeatedly says he loves him but the clown-show antics need to stop. Says GM or Neely need to sit him down. And then more love for Marchand from Burke.

Pretty accurate feelings and how many Bruins fans feel too.

With him citing Marchand mocking Scissons, which Marchand was well justified in doing. Easy to talk out of both sides of the mouth, Burke.

I love what Marchand does when he isn't getting suspended. It's on the NHL to have the integrity to tell its officials to do their jobs in a truly unbiased manner.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Miller is a #5/6 guy and was just okay before he got hurt but very replaceable. Lauzon has played better then him so far. They want puck movers and Miller is not it, slightly better then Kampfer. I would play the kid Lauzon over both. Kid will not learn anymore in the AHL, he is ready.

Miller is far, far better than Kampfer!

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bottom line is we need Marchand on the ice not in the locker room.

Almost as much as they need quality officiating.

If the refs did their job correctly, Marchand doesn’t respond the way he does and there’s no issue.

It starts with how the game is officiated.

A missed call or two in a game is understandable.....6-7 missed calls, plus the added overreactive calls (misconducts) because a player gets angry at their inept officiating is not.

Last edited:

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
That is why we need a guy who take the spotlight off him. Someone like Blidh who would drive other teams nuts or even Gabrielle on the 4th line.

Gabrielle is also pretty tough from what I remember in Junior up in PRince George BC when he played for the Cougars of the WHL

Reactions: FanSince72

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Almost as much as they need quality officiating.

If the refs did their job correctly, Marchand doesn’t respond the way he does and there’s no issue.

It starts with how the game is officiated.

A missed call or two in a game is understandable.....6-7 missed calls, plus the added overreactive calls (misconducts) because a player gets angry at their inept officiating is not.

Marchand will never get the benefit of the doubt.

He is a marked man. He has to focus on what he can control and Bad officiating is out of his control.

Reactions: FanSince72

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I don't care if the goal should have been disallowed or not.

I wanted Grizz to pot one, I wanted the B's to have a 3-0 lead, and I want the league to STOP TAKING GOALS AWAY FROM US EVERY WEEK.
Valid or not, it's getting tiresome.

If it’s not a goal, it’s not a goal.

If you think of a proper call as “the league taking away a goal from us”, you are bound to forever complain.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->