Post-Game Talk: GAME 20 Had Them All The Way - BRUINS 2 Arizona 1 FINAL

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Sounds like the Bruins are spending an extra day in Arizona. Too bad half the team is back in Boston... :(

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Well...my cable provider where I’m staying is kind enough to let me see Bruins in 2...

So I could get a look at the no goal. In a vacuum, I’d like that one to be deemed no goal. Some contact with players jostling at the top of the crease, stick gets tangled, I’d just assume call no-goal instances where the goalie is that effected. It’s cheap.

That being said, (here’s where the vacuum comes in)...the Bruins would 100% not get that call.

It was inadvertent contact while two skaters were battling in front...you know, that area where you can flat out forearm a guy in the face and it’s in the realm of a hockey play...and the stick was knocked loose...

I’m certain it would have been labeled inadvertent traffic and the Bruins would have gotten a “oh well, tough luck,” from the stripes.

This is the real problem.

Wasn’t it just last year Tuukka got stick checked on a shot and they let it slide? You know, “inadvertent” contact.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Marchand isn’t Marchand if not for a little bit of stupid ****. Sure, he needs to really minimize it, but Brad Marchand is who he is. He needs to not pull any dirty **** and he needs to pick the right times to pull his antics, but I’d be lying if I say I want him to completely abandon his rat style.

Yeah, it needs to be balanced against how much the team needs him on the ice. Currently, the 10 mins really has a large effect.

That being said, I think these refs need to be “shown up” a lot more. Everyone from players to coaches to management are terrified they’ll get singled out for abuse if they put the spotlight on what some generously call incompetence, while others fearlessly call privileged bias.

The NHL and it’s total crap justice mechanisms could use a little public embarrassment. They’ve earned it. It would make the game better.

I appreciate how Marchand isn’t cowed. The way a lot of these “tough” hockey guys are subjugated by the league is pathetic. Grow a pair. Fine me.

What are you going to do...single me out more?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Kampfer. I don’t wish ill on the guy, hope it’s nothing moving forward...but I’d rather play any kid in his spot anyway. I’m done with Kampfer. He’s served his purpose...but I’ve had enough. Some kid is ready in almost any situation moving forward.
Who would you prefer over him ?

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I missed yet another one but kept tabs thanks to you lovely people. The Bs gave up 1 goal in 120 regulation minutes with a patchwork D group. I'm guessing it was a combination of hot goaltending, the D just holding serve, and the forwards committing to helping out the D. Whatever the reason, good on them for holding the fort. Hopefully reinforcements come by midweek.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I mean, it WAS Arizona....but on the other hand, "Win the games you can Win"

Glad to see the Debrusk train is back on the scoring hustle! Can't wait to see him pot 20+ this year

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
There’s two main schools of thought here:

One view is don’t show up the refs, don’t hurt your team, don’t put yourself above the team and the game

The other view is Marchand is a target and he isn’t gonna get any breaks at all so when he gets the short end he’s gonna let them know about it

I see both sides but I look at one thing:

How did he get to where he is?

Love it or hate it, he is definitely reaping what he has sown over the years.

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kampfer. I don’t wish ill on the guy, hope it’s nothing moving forward...but I’d rather play any kid in his spot anyway. I’m done with Kampfer. He’s served his purpose...but I’ve had enough. Some kid is ready in almost any situation moving forward.
As a 7th guy he’s been good to very good. Even his penalties were mostly questionable. I went in hating the acquisition and have flipped. He’s got a lot of nhl skills starting with skating, puck retreiveal, first pass and willing to sacrifice to make a play

He’s a thousand times better then first go around

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I mean, it WAS Arizona....but on the other hand, "Win the games you can Win"

Glad to see the Debrusk train is back on the scoring hustle! Can't wait to see him pot 20+ this year
Arizona had just beat Nashville 2-1 on Thursday. Maybe that took everything they had. :laugh:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah, it needs to be balanced against how much the team needs him on the ice. Currently, the 10 mins really has a large effect.

That being said, I think these refs need to be “shown up” a lot more. Everyone from players to coaches to management are terrified they’ll get singled out for abuse if they put the spotlight on what some generously call incompetence, while others fearlessly call privileged bias.

The NHL and it’s total crap justice mechanisms could use a little public embarrassment. They’ve earned it. It would make the game better.

I appreciate how Marchand isn’t cowed. The way a lot of these “tough” hockey guys are subjugated by the league is pathetic. Grow a pair. Fine me.

What are you going to do...single me out more?

Honestly I have a lot of sympathy for the difficulty of getting calls on ice right. The game is fast and the “right” position to make a call can move 40 feet in a second. All while most of the players are trying to fool you. They are gonna screw up. It’s the inconsistency from the league after the game that drives me bonkers. Especially with embellishment. I don’t want to watch soccer.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Question for last night, Did JFK find Acciari wide open in the slot, or did Jack announce it wrong? I heard it, looked up, but the play was bang/bang. I was in and out for the game so wasn't really able to watch. Glad to see JFK grab his first though!

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Question for last night, Did JFK find Acciari wide open in the slot, or did Jack announce it wrong? I heard it, looked up, but the play was bang/bang. I was in and out for the game so wasn't really able to watch. Glad to see JFK grab his first though!

Acciari out works the yotes on the faceoff and sets up JFK who was smart to be flying by the top of the crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->