Post-Game Talk: GAME 20 Had Them All The Way - BRUINS 2 Arizona 1 FINAL

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hell of a team effort.

All the young D look at the very least serviceable. Lauzon looks like a stud. Pretty insane second round of drafting in 2015 for the bruins.

Whats the ceiling for Grzelcyk? Ryan Ellis seems like a hits-his-ceiling comparable, maybe with better stick work. Incredibly impressive few games from him.

Cassidy deserves a whole lot of credit.

Sooner than later Heinen's snap shot is coming back and Bjork will be netting a few of these. When that happens... watch out.

Doesn’t have the natural skill to be Ellis good. Ellis dominated Junior hockey and the World Juniors as a dynamic offensive player.

Off the top of my head I can’t think of a real good comparison. Darryl Sydor maybe ?!?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
7tvqYsG.gif

Either this was from 2011 or Cam placed a hefty bet on tonight's game.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
This team is missing 5 of 6 starting D, and their best forward. Just get into the playoffs they'll go on a run.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Thank goodness we have all this objectivity to keep us all grounded

View attachment 155683

Yes.

Gut win, though. I'm impressed.

It's going to be a rough ride without Z, and, perhaps, Patrice. Never mind the D.

Would say: Trial by fire, yet this has to be an excellent way for the youngin's to learn the NHL game. Can't imagine that the experience will be anything but constructive.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
What happened?

Nurse fighting Bennett.
Nurse tells refs to not step into fight.
Bennett huge open ice hit on Draistatl.
Tkachuk chirping and trolling the Oilers.
Kassian double minor for grabbing Tkachuk and he turtles.
McDavid getting into brawls.
Lucic and Tkachuk chirping across the benches.

...end of 1st.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
This is going to be the game of the year so far tonight.

Gaudreau rings the crossbar at the last second on the PP.
Calgary on 4:00 PP to start the 2nd.
Understandable the difference in hostility between the Bruins game tonight and a Calgary Edmonton game. But man, it’s like watching a different sport

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Burke on HNIC begging Marchand to stop with the antic because he loves him. Saying Marchand is one of the most complete players in the NHL and repeatedly says he loves him but the clown-show antics need to stop. Says GM or Neely need to sit him down. And then more love for Marchand from Burke.

Pretty accurate feelings and how many Bruins fans feel too.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
I must say, the craziest thing watching these last two games is seeing two 5'9" left shot defenseman deployed as a tandem on the PK...and getting the job done. This is the new NHL.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Huge to get 3 out of 4 points this weekend

We should be getting some help Wednesday

Cassidy said

McAvoy
Miller
Carlo
Vaakanainen

Are all a possibility for The Detroit game

I assume Bergeron and Moore with be a GTD as well

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Understandable the difference in hostility between the Bruins game tonight and a Calgary Edmonton game. But man, it’s like watching a different sport

It really is. I'm grabbing another Mule and making some popcorn for this one. In contrast, the Bruins game was on in the background to casually watch.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Burke on HNIC begging Marchand to stop with the antic because he loves him. Saying Marchand is one of the most complete players in the NHL and repeatedly says he loves him but the clown-show antics need to stop. Says GM or Neely need to sit him down. And then more love for Marchand from Burke.

Pretty accurate feelings and how many Bruins fans feel too.
What are people made about now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad