GDT: Game 2: Wild @ Avs - 8 PM CT / 4 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Watching that game and coming away with the conclusion that Koivu is the center that needs a decreased role has me speechless.
It's the vocal minority. Koivu is far and away the best center we have... it's not really close.

Staal is a boat anchor in the top 6, but it's not like we have anyone to supplant him either...

Reactions: 57special

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Honestly dont have an answer for that glaring question but I guess I'd prefer to give opportunity and exp to our younger future investments vs an aging verge of retirement investment.

Reactions: Mickey the mouse

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Koivu has been our best center through these two games. My opinion that anyone calling for him to be our 4th line center is an imbecile.
And it hasn't even been close. Ek's been doing alright on the 4th line, but Kunin and Staal have been ugly.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Honestly dont have an answer for that glaring question but I guess I'd prefer to give opportunity and exp to our younger future investments vs an aging verge of retirement investment.
Playing a kid against competition he can't match-up with can harm development as it destroys self-confidence.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If it's any consolation, I'd put money on Rask taking over at 3C as soon as next game.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Hard to argue a young player who's career could be gone by not accepting 4th line minutes with bruisers so definetly doesnt deserve time over a player who's 38 and can bail on the team if not given what he would like. Such a good atmosphere for the future.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

JEE got plenty of exp playing against Col's top line tonight.

Heck Staal had the least amount of ToI of all the centers.

So many penalties killed any rotation of the lines.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
JEE got plenty of exp playing against Col's top line tonight.

Heck Staal had the least amount of ToI of all the centers.

So many penalties killed any rotation of the lines.
Staal, least TOI, yet the team's worst +/- with a -2

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Hard to argue a young player who's career could be gone by not accepting 4th line minutes with bruisers so definetly doesnt deserve time over a player who's 38 and can bail on the team if not given what he would like. Such a good atmosphere for the future.
Nice job of doubling down on the terrible take. Boudreau is dying to play young kids at center. To the point that he's playing wingers there right now while he has a proven center in the press box. The fact that Eriksson Ek has stayed on the 4th line says it all.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Nice job of doubling down on the terrible take. Boudreau is dying to play young kids at center. To the point that he's playing wingers there right now while he has a proven center in the press box. The fact that Eriksson Ek has stayed on the 4th line says it all.
While I generally agree with you on a lot of things, I think this speaks to more of the 4th line being decent than JEE being shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad