Grubauer

Let's go Wild!
gettyimages-1131105964-594x594.jpg

Reactions: Wabit

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Got a bad, bad feeling about this. Do I really want to watch a doubleheader Yankees-Avs victory today?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm interested to see how the 3rd line plays together.
I have a feeling that it will look like two wingers working hard and playing a solid game with a center with no clue what he's doing.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Man, don't be so hard on Greenway :sarcasm:
I'm hoping that someone on the coaching staff is seeing something that makes them believe that Kunin will figure it out at center, because I don't see it at all. Right now he's a smarter offensively but worse defensively version of Ek.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm hoping that someone on the coaching staff is seeing something that makes them believe that Kunin will figure it out at center, because I don't see it at all. Right now he's a smarter offensively but worse defensively version of Ek.
You're preaching to the choir here. His offensive abilities are best utilized at winger. I was really hoping he'd work out at center but I don't think he is fast enough, doesn't have the puck control to play like Koivu (who is slow), etc. I think he should be at winger but with the wingers we have someone would need to be sent down in order to call up Sturm to play center. Or send Rask down?

Donato-Staal-Zuccarello
Zucker-Koivu-Fiala
Parise-Sturm-Kunin
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway
Hartman

Those look like pretty balanced lines to me :dunno:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
You're preaching to the choir here. His offensive abilities are best utilized at winger. I was really hoping he'd work out at center but I don't think he is fast enough, doesn't have the puck control to play like Koivu (who is slow), etc. I think he should be at winger but with the wingers we have someone would need to be sent down in order to call up Sturm to play center. Or send Rask down?

Donato-Staal-Zuccarello
Zucker-Koivu-Fiala
Parise-Sturm-Kunin
Foligno-Eriksson Ek-Greenway
Hartman

Those look like pretty balanced lines to me :dunno:

Looking at these lines, I still don't get why we signed Hartman.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Looking at these lines, I still don't get why we signed Hartman.
I think the purpose was to gain a right handed player. We have two total right handed forwards and both are 3rd line quality at best in this moment.

Edit: Numbers game: doesn't make a lot of sense though unless you package two left handed wingers for a 2nd line center.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It blows my mind that we need center help, our 13th forward is a 26 year old center with 48 and 45 point seasons, and one of the first things that comes to mind as an option is to send him down to make room for Sturm. If we lived in a sane world Rask would get a shot there and play like something other than room-temperature tapioca, but we all know that's not what would happen.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It blows my mind that we need center help, our 13th forward is a 26 year old center with 48 and 45 point seasons, and one of the first things that comes to mind as an option is to send him down to make room for Sturm. If we lived in a sane world Rask would get a shot there and play like something other than room-temperature tapioca, but we all know that's not what would happen.

Rask will get his shot when there is an injury to a FWD. Kunin will end up getting the Coyle treatment, bouncing between center and wing when it happens most likely.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Rask will get his shot when there is an injury to a FWD. Kunin will end up getting the Coyle treatment, bouncing between center and wing when it happens most likely.
Yeah, and I fully agree with not considering him anything more than an injury fill-in right now. I just expected him to look like he was at least trying to make a case for himself in camp, because it's not like the bar is set all that high for centers on this team right now.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, and I fully agree with not considering him anything more than an injury fill-in right now. I just expected him to look like he was at least trying to make a case for himself in camp, because it's not like the bar is set all that high for centers on this team right now.
Rask is a better center than Kunin and Eriksson Ek.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If only Rask would pull a Berglund and just go back to Sweden.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
In terms of the position you're probably right. More generally I think even Ek has more impact on the game, even if it's just from hitting things.
The only positive that Ek brings is on the PK. Everywhere else he's a detriment

Reactions: THE JAM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad