Post-Game Talk: Game #2: Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If you say Kreider cost them a chance at a comeback. It means any potential comeback could not happen because of Kreider.

Youre the one trying to change what he said, not me.

There is no other way to interpret his post other than concluding that Kreider taking the penalty cost them any chance of winning the game. So kreider cost them the game.

If you think that someone is saying Kreider is the singular factor in deciding whether a comeback occurs or not, you're not getting enough out of what people mean. It's like saying if we only had pizza, it would have made the party better and you saying that it's because of the lack pizza that this party sucks.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I would try Malone with Brassard and Zuccarello. Has that finisher element to his game, can use his big frame to open up space for the other two. Hagelin's been hot garbage two games in.

Roll with

Hagelin-Stepan-MSL
Malone-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Hayes/Miller-Nash
Fast-Moore-Stempniak

when everyone is healthy

Edit: Forgot Duclair. Perhaps when Malone sits, Kreider plays with Brass and Zucc, and Duclair plays with Nash and rookie center.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Is there any way to get MSL out of the center position without rocking Brassard > Miller > Hayes > Moore as our depth?

I mean, maybe getting MSL to wing where he belongs would be enough of an upgrade, and we can spread out the wingers to make up for the dearth there?

I don't know how to work this lineup to make it work without Stepan healthy...

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Bad game, move on. Lot's of players need to be better. Duclair and Stemp were the only positives on offense for the whole game. Good to see Nash score even though he wasn't as good as he can be...that's a good pattern to get into, to produce even when you're not at your best.

Guys who particularly struggled - MSL, Zucc, Brass, Hags, Miller. Kreider was invisible before his "fight". I think the next step in his development is to reduce the number of games where he's invisble. That's what's keeping him from being a 30-goal scorer or better. (man, I'm having flashbacks of having the same conversations about Bill Guerin)

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
There was nothing wrong with the hit..it was a blind accidental collision. Interference absolutely but not dirty. So is Kreider's play now getting to lessen the likelihood of accidental collisions in the future?

I don't think I ever said it would?

Hockey players aren't Judge Dredd or whatever, since it was so far away from the puck I have no idea how much of it he saw. What he did know was that one of their checking players ran over the smallest guy on the roster away from the puck in a physical game that, up to that point, wasn't going our way at all.

HFNYR railing on Girardi for years because of that Gaborik thing was dumb, but surely the truth is somewhere between that and saying that Kreider was objectively wrong.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't really have a problem with it. Just like I didn't have a problem with Girardi not fighting Carcillo after the Gaborik incident. Just trying to do what's best for the team.

I definitely had problem with G.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Glad I didn't watch this game. I knew Talbot was going to come back down to earth. I remember when all of you wanted him to replace hank.. What a disaster that would have been.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
not sure if Miller had enough intensity. He's shown flashes of competency and drive at times but other times, he's skating slowly to puck, the bench, and not very eager to get the puck back. Duclair is all about that effort. Steals the puck on so many occasions leading to his break away, Nash's goal, and other instances against imperfect opposition handling of the puck in the opposition's zone. Miller just doesn't have that level of care, attention to detail, and understanding of how to impact the game.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Duclair--Miller--Nash
Malone--Brassard--Zuccarello
Kreider--Hayes--St.Louis
Hagelin--Moore--Stempniak

McD-G
Staal-McIlrath
Jmoore-Klein

Balances the line up for next game, adds some much needed size for smaller players, gives the team a trustworthy reliable "4th" line that can move the puck up the ice.

This board went from wetting themselves over homegrown talent to hating on them over the last two seasons. There are some in house options to fix this mess until Step and Boyle get back.

Veterans insulating the youth, you can shelter minutes if need be.

Staal-Klein was really bad.

Hags-Brass-Zucc were really bad.

They aren't bad players, but Hags, Klein and Brass against top 6 aren't as effective. Put them in positions to succeed and off-set the other players weaknesses.

Ulfie adjusted the D mid game. AV needs to adjust before the next one.

Talbot sucked tonight.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Glad I didn't watch this game. I knew Talbot was going to come back down to earth. I remember when all of you wanted him to replace hank.. What a disaster that would have been.

All of us? It was like 1 or 2 people lol.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Bad game, move on. Lot's of players need to be better. Duclair and Stemp were the only positives on offense for the whole game. Good to see Nash score even though he wasn't as good as he can be...that's a good pattern to get into, to produce even when you're not at your best.

Guys who particularly struggled - MSL, Zucc, Brass, Hags, Miller. Kreider was invisible before his "fight". I think the next step in his development is to reduce the number of games where he's invisble. That's what's keeping him from being a 30-goal scorer or better. (man, I'm having flashbacks of having the same conversations about Bill Guerin)
to be fair kreider didnt get a chance to get going because of all the penalties and misconduct

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Jarret Stoll. That's the kind of upside. A very good 3rd liner that can pop in 15G and 20A while playing a hard grinding game.

too bad he's pretty much having to play a 1C spot right now cus neither him or Brassard are doing 1C or 2C any favor.

Zuccarello Awesome*

He is 21 years old for ****s sake. Not every young guy can make an impact right away.

Most can recieve simple tape to tape passes and do more than turn the puck over all night long and lose every face off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad