Post-Game Talk: Game #2: Rangers @ Columbus Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
what a moronic post. So you want our guy to watch while teamates get hit by dirty players. It would be nice if talbot made a save or brassard show up after getting overpayed

Yes, I want our top line forward to stay on the ice as much as he can and not in the box. Team needed Kreider to help the team score, especially down 2 goals. Your best players can't be in the box.

It was totally avoidable.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Top line, incorrect putting MSL at center.
Second line, incorrect with 3 supporting players at this point
third line, what can you do with two top heavy lines and no star players left?
fourth line, Glass shouldn't be in there.

Defense, didn't start the game out correct and had bad chemistry and pairing with Staal-Klein and unbalanced defense and bad defense with Hunwick and Moore.
Corrected it all too late.

Talbot in for Lundqvist on the second game of the season in a divisional game against a good goalie?

I mean, it's down to the ground **** in your own bowl of cereal then microwave it.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Miller did nothing but miss passes and turn the puck over all game. It's time for Hayes.

Duclair is awesome; so tenacious and smart with and especially without the puck.

The refs blew this game though. CBJ got away with obstruction all game. Blatant trips missed and inconsistent boarding calls. Inexcusable.

Oh well. **** officiating happens. Scratch Miller for Hayes and move on. Beat the Leafs tomorrow.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Give him time. How bout picking him apart after 10-12 games and not 2. As bad as he's been, he's still been better than Zucc and Brass.

It's not just this year. I mean yes Miller looked improved in the pre-season, not good or great but improved. But once the game went up to the level we are all used to in the regular season he has looked just as lost, absent, weak, unnoticable as he ever as.

I don't think Miller will ever be anything remotely productive on this team.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Malone over Glass needs to happen. You can't expect to win by not playing better options out there. Malone will also give you a net front presence out there on the PP, and will drop them if he needs to.

A lot of people were ******** on Miller, but his line with Duke and Stemp were the best line tonight.

Brassard and Hagelin were invisible out there.

Miller mishandled a lot pucks, but was the only effective center creating zone time.

Kreider did Glass's job. Put Malone in.

MSL in the middle isn't an ideal situation.

Kevin Klein is over-matched in a top 4 role. Can't handle top 6 speed.

Hunwick and Moore on the 3rd pair is a turn style. Would let Kostka get a token game in to see if he can contribute, but really need to ice McIlrath.

If the top 3 are going to be forced into big minutes, at least have some stability back there instead of the soft "offensive" defensemen that can't contribute offensively or move the puck up the ice.

It's not like the Rangers play Detroit every game, the team needs more size in the line up.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yes, I want our top line forward to stay on the ice as much as he can and not in the box. Team needed Kreider to help the team score, especially down 2 goals. Your best players can't be in the box.

It was totally avoidable.

The best thing is that anyone who played hockey (including Mr. Kreider's teammates) will disagree with you, there. I'm sure he got a billion pat on the backs from everyone.

I mean, feel free to have an opinion. But realize that your opinion is wrong.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The problem is that anyone with an opinion that what Kreider did was remotely wrong is just incorrect. Seeing it brought up in the ****ing PGT is just the epitome of :facepalm:

Some posters here don't understand how players think on the bench. They get upset if they think one of their teammates got a dirty hit. Kreider thought he was sticking up for a teammate. It may have hurt the Rangers today but over the long run knowing your teammates will stick up for you benefits everybody.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I mean it's not arguable that Kreider's penalty decreased the teams win expectancy in this game.

Of course, there is no question about it.

We play to win the game, not to send messages or 'get players back'.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Some posters here don't understand how players think on the bench. They get upset if they think one of their teammates got a dirty hit. Kreider thought he was sticking up for a teammate. It may have hurt the Rangers today but over the long run knowing your teammates will stick up for you benefits everybody.

Yep. It earned Kreider even more respect, too. You can bet his teammates will do the same for him.

Zuccarello Awesome*

No problem with Kreider's penalty whatsoever. Not why we lost at all.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I don't expect Miller to be garnering praise but that fact that people are STILL harping on him over Hagelin-Brassard-Zucc is just laughable. You want to get on something get on 3 veteran players who are playing like AHL fodder.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If you read properly he said Kreiders decision cost the team a chance at the comeback.

So like I said, Kreiders decision was the reason they lost, his decision gave them no chance of winning.

you're twisting words so hard right now your keyboard is being sent into other dimensions.

"Kreider's decision was the reason they lost" is not a sentence that is valid tonight no matter how you justify it and support it with bent logic.

"his decision gave them no chance of winning" is not valid either. What the original poster said is that it costed them the chance at a comeback. The intent behind that statement is so obvious. It's basically saying "That wasn't a smart decision, it really hurt our ability to push for a comeback"

Why must you make this into some weird thing about people attacking kreider?

Vidic15*

New players and injuries, this was expected. Dumb scheduling by the NHL forced us to play our backup in our second game. Ridiculous.

Duclair needs to shoot more. His shot, dare I say it, is Seminesque.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I mean it's not arguable that Kreider's penalty decreased the teams win expectancy in this game.

Setting the message in the ~second game of the season~ that you're just gonna let guys get clowned on like that isn't good either.

It wasn't a good situation, it wasn't a good game, it had that kind of "we won't win" juju to me at home and I imagine the same feeling might have been responsible for Kreider's decision and some of the worse individual performances.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
The best thing is that anyone who played hockey (including Mr. Kreider's teammates) will disagree with you, there. I'm sure he got a billion pat on the backs from everyone.

mint has an agenda against kreider its obvious

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

The "I've played the game so I'm right" argument is inherently flawed. Watch any baseball game - particularly this playoffs - and you'll see the former player announcers (i.e. John Smoltz) constantly making statements based on their experiences while playing the game which directly contradicts known knowledge about the game. I would not take an active players opinion on something game theoretical over someone who actually analyzes the game and it's components in depth.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
New players and injuries, this was expected. Dumb scheduling by the NHL forced us to play our backup in our second game. Ridiculous.

Duclair needs to shoot more. His shot, dare I say it, is Seminesque.

schedule is fine. Plenty of bad schedules. We just rolled the wrong goalie for no reason.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The "I've played the game so I'm right" argument is inherently flawed. Watch any baseball game - particularly this playoffs - and you'll see the former player announcers (i.e. John Smoltz) constantly making statements based on their experiences while playing the game which directly contradicts known knowledge about the game. I would not take an active players opinion on something game theoretical over someone who actually analyzes the game and it's components in depth.

I would. Because they are the ones playing the game.

Also, I've always heard ex-players defend fighting after a cheap/questionable hit. Always. Never heard anyone say, "Well, he shouldn't have defended his teammate."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad