Not open for further replies.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Let's go radical.
Engvall Matty Hymie
Soupy JT Kappy
Willie Spez Mitchy
Clifford Goat Robertson, Kerfoot, Bag of pucks
Puck retrival on first two lines. Skill / speed (not Spezza) on third line.
4th line- does it matter
They still play together on power play and Keefe can do the odd line loading. Make Torts cover 3 lines. 34 and 91 are paid like the best two centres in the world, then proof it. Syd plays with grinders all the time and excels. McGod as well. And for all of you Paul Marner fans out there, Mitchy gets his own line.

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
If I were on the Leafs I would say:

“We need HEART. GRIT. We need to WAKE THE EFF UP and start playing every game like it’s game 7 of the Stanley Cup final or else we aren’t GOING to succeed. If we lose, we lose, NO EXCUSES. But at least we could look ourselves in the mirror and say we GAVE OUR EVERYTHING out there on the ice.”

Last edited:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Are you talking about teams that have paid players before they won a cup? A playoff round? Exclusively about hockey?
how about paid them big before they earned it

you use your own definition of "earned it"

i think for me making the POs and winning a round might matter a bit , since POs hockey is very different and many reg season stars have wilted when it matters

Reactions: Blowfish

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
If we see:

Matthews with Marner
Tavares with Nylander
Ceci dropped to 3rd pair
4th line getting more than 3 minutes and change with Engvall more of a factor than GOAT (not hard)

...we win this one unless Freddy craps the bed.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If we see:

Matthews with Marner
Tavares with Nylander
Ceci dropped to 3rd pair
4th line getting more than 3 minutes and change with Engvall more of a factor than GOAT (not hard)

...we win this one unless Freddy craps the bed.

I honestly don't get what this organisation sees in GOAT and Marincin

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Well the media keeps asking him the same questions so why would he not give the same answers?
The media questions are useless.
Pregame...what is the secret to playing today?...answer: Play hard, move the puck, score goals.

Would love to hear someone ask...does the inability of the defense to clear the defensive zone affect the efficacy of the forwards from moving the puck up ice with speed?
Do you feel the defense tries too hard playing forward while the forwards are wiping their defensive ass?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
how about paid them big before they earned it

you use your own definition of "earned it"

i think for me making the POs and winning a round might matter a bit , since POs hockey is very different and many reg season stars have wilted when it matters

I am not disagreeing with you about any of what you are saying. The Leafs young core managed to make the playoffs every year since they came up. They have not won a round yet, and were paid ( the arguement really is about how much they were overpaid).

I am not debating whether they got overpaid, I am simply stating that all sports invluding hockey pay their athletes based on potential.

If the Leafs overpaid on potential, that is a different matter.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I honestly don't get what this organisation sees in GOAT and Marincin

GOAT is big and he's improved his skating to passable NHL 4th liner but I question his passion for the game. He's too passive and I'm not sure he loves playing hockey. That sounds weird to say but I really think he looks at hockey as just a job.

Reactions: fahad203

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
GOAT is big and he's improved his skating to passable NHL 4th liner but I question his passion for the game. He's too passive and I'm not sure he loves playing hockey. That sounds weird to say but I really think he looks at hockey as just a job.
He is one of the more frustrating players on the team. I saw him literally just turn around and skate away rather then lay a hit on the forecheck in the 1st period last game....Like you are 6'5 with no real discernible skill....f***ing hit someone if you want to stay in the league for any amount of time.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
He is one of the more frustrating players on the team. I saw him literally just turn around and skate away rather then lay a hit on the forecheck in the 1st period last game....Like you are 6'5 with no real discernible skill....f***ing hit someone if you want to stay in the league for any amount of time.

Yup. When I think of big 4th line C I think of guys like Brian Boyle and Joel Otto. What purpose does a soft 6'5" 4th line C serve? I honestly don't understand unless you are intentionally trying to build the softest forward group possible.

Can we not have one mean player with size? No? Ok then play 4 skill lines. Double down on skill then.

Reactions: fahad203

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
the Goat could be a effective 4th line C, but he's proven he doesn't understand what he needs to do to keep said job, too bad because he has all the tools, but much like his team lacks the commitment to do what needs to be done to achieve success, at least that's my take on him...............

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Idk if you guys feel the same, but Marner just looks so much more inconsistent than he used to. I used to notice him every shift of the game, but this year in general, it seems the only time I notice him is when he makes a big play.

Reactions: Cheeks Klapanen

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Idk if you guys feel the same, but Marner just looks so much more inconsistent than he used to. I used to notice him every shift of the game, but this year in general, it seems the only time I notice him is when he makes a big play.
a hungry lion moves much differently then a lion with a full belly..................

Last edited:

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
To actually add to the discussion in a non complaining way, I think if things still don’t get going in the first today, we should swap Marner and Nylander. Nylander likes playing in crease/slot this year and I think having Mikeyhev/Tavares working the boards and corners will win more puck battles than Mikeyhev/Marner. Essentially I think Nylander frees up Tavares a bit more to play game.

Reactions: Merrrlin and Havoc

forecheck

May 14, 2007
The prima donnas will step up and play well in Game 2 - but when things get hard ..they wont have the character to win a series - Columbus will win this in 5 . Back to the drawing board Kyle.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I don't get what they ever saw in JT either.

Tavares scored 47 goals last year, finishing 3rd, and 16th overall for points. I'm guessing that's what they saw.

The prima donnas will step up and play well in Game 2 - but when things get hard ..they wont have the character to win a series - Columbus will win this in 5 . Back to the drawing board Kyle.

I've never been a part of a fanbase so giddy to throw their team under the bus before the game even starts.

Have some bloody faith, man. My God.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Tavares scored 47 goals last year, finishing 3rd, and 16th overall for points. I'm guessing that's what they saw.

I've never been a part of a fanbase so giddy to throw their team under the bus before the game even starts.

Have some bloody faith, man. My God.

Right!? It's painful to come in here sometimes. Everyone sucks now. They win and half these posters will go silent

Reactions: Merrrlin

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Relax boys, CBJ played the best they could possibly play and eaked out a 1-0 game

Leafs take this in 4 easily.

Reactions: Merrrlin

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Right!? It's painful to come in here sometimes. Everyone sucks now. They win and half these posters will go silent
of course they'll go silent, if the players bring it, what's there to complain about? Leaf players get ripped for not playing up to their capabilities. Cause and effect, it's as simple as that.................

Reactions: Twowingcantfly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad