Pre-Game Talk: Game 2: Leafs vs Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I actually turned off a playoff game in the third period. That was the most disgusting display of effort. I don’t take that sH!t and waste my summer evening. Lazy and spiritless team.
Have a nice summer Leafers. I’m not wasting my time for this team. Yellow team, gutless.

Thinking better to be in a good mood by avoiding this. I think they are done. Sorry but that was pathetic.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Relax boys, CBJ played the best they could possibly play and eaked out a 1-0 game

Leafs take this in 4 easily.
!
I don't expect it to be easy but I also feel like CLB can't play much better than they did but we certainly can. They better show it today!

Reactions: Duffman955

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I actually turned off a playoff game in the third period. That was the most disgusting display of effort. I don’t take that sH!t and waste my summer evening. Lazy and spiritless team.
Have a nice summer Leafers. I’m not wasting my time for this team. Yellow team, gutless.

Thinking better to be in a good mood by avoiding this. I think they are done. Sorry but that was pathetic.

I have come to the realization that this team is just not good enough and it is on Dubas. No way am I stressing out after every Jacket's goal.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The only reason some post is to complain?
perhaps some do, but not everyone is wearing rose coloured glasses. I'm not a fan of this team's makeup, I dislike the GM, have lost faith in the Prez, and don't see the light at the end of the tunnel like many do, but if they win what's there to complain about. The goal is to win the cup...............

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
!
I don't expect it to be easy but I also feel like CLB can't play much better than they did but we certainly can. They better show it today!

Sure the Jackets may not be able to play better. The question is whether the Leafs can find a way to open it up and are they willing to play outside their comfort zone.

As it stands - Will 1 - Skill 0.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
of course they'll go silent, if the players bring it, what's there to complain about? Leaf players get ripped for not playing up to their capabilities. Cause and effect, it's as simple as that.................

I think what he is saying is that not all of us exist just to complain, some of us will cheer. The complainers will go silent, though.

The missus planned a birthday dinner for my MIL today....at you guessed it....4PM.

Son of a bastard!
upload_2020-8-4_9-5-40.jpeg

My man, that is one of the worst combinations of words I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Blink in morse code if you need us to pull a fire alarm or something.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
To actually add to the discussion in a non complaining way, I think if things still don’t get going in the first today, we should swap Marner and Nylander. Nylander likes playing in crease/slot this year and I think having Mikeyhev/Tavares working the boards and corners will win more puck battles than Mikeyhev/Marner. Essentially I think Nylander frees up Tavares a bit more to play game.
Tall order. JT playing the boards. I have never seen this B4. It could be scary. JT loose the puck on the boards and it will be 4 on one the other way in a hurry. Just sayin...

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think what he is saying is that not all of us exist just to complain, some of us will cheer. The complainers will go silent, though.

View attachment 357669

My man, that is one of the worst combinations of words I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Blink in morse code if you need us to pull a fire alarm or something.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Tavares scored 47 goals last year, finishing 3rd, and 16th overall for points. I'm guessing that's what they saw.
Stats are nice winning hockey pools in da regular season. Everyone knows whose pocket to pick when they need to win in the playoffs. Have you ever seen JT rush the puck up the ice like a center needs to do every so often. This guy is one-dimensional, making him easy to predict

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Sure the Jackets may not be able to play better. The question is whether the Leafs can find a way to open it up and are they willing to play outside their comfort zone.

As it stands - Will 1 - Skill 0.

Not a big fan of this cliche. This is mostly the same team that despite losing, showed plenty of WILL against very tough teams in the playoffs the last few years.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
One of the reasons Tavares is invisible is because Marner stopped shooting.

Tavares likes to read the play and knows where to be. As long as his wingers are shooting, he'll clean up the rebounds or get to the shots that get blocked.

Marner needs to take a deep breath, simplify his game and stick to the fundamentals. Always going for the "wow" play instead lately (or this new thing where he throws the puck away).

Also not liking how Nylander Tavares and Matthews think they can stick handle through that trap. Not even Crosby is getting through that. They need to make some plays and work as a team. Short passes move as a unit like in the games we beat boston.

Hopefully they spoke about all this and bring a cleaner game tonight.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Well lets hope things go better for us today.

Its imperative the Leafs score first and play with the lead and from in front, otherwise if they're left chasing the game and the score, it will be a long afternoon ahead.

Reactions: ToneDog

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Im not jumping off the cliff yet. I don't know how some of y'all deal with real life problems when you get emotionally charged after a relatively tight game 1.

Reactions: Metroid

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Tavares scored 47 goals last year, finishing 3rd, and 16th overall for points. I'm guessing that's what they saw.

I've never been a part of a fanbase so giddy to throw their team under the bus before the game even starts.

Have some bloody faith, man. My God.

a sizeable portion of this board cheers against the Leafs. that's why there's so many posters who don't even show up when the team wins. nothing to discuss I guess.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Not a big fan of this cliche. This is mostly the same team that despite losing, showed plenty of WILL against very tough teams in the playoffs the last few years.

Agree to a degree, I thought they came out strong in game 1 vs Bruins last year although the Bruins allowed the Leafs to play their game. They folded in game #2 when the Bruins brought out their sandpaper. Played a great game #5 and then folded like a cheap suitcase in games 6 and 7.

Some media people labelled this series, will vs skill. Until this core wins a series, their "will" will always be questioned.

Reactions: Cobra777

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Leafs better have a gameplan and confidence and play like they're worth something or this game could get ugly quick. 4 PM game.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
One of the reasons Tavares is invisible is because Marner stopped shooting.

Tavares likes to read the play and knows where to be. As long as his wingers are shooting, he'll clean up the rebounds or get to the shots that get blocked.

Marner needs to take a deep breath, simplify his game and stick to the fundamentals. Always going for the "wow" play instead lately (or this new thing where he throws the puck away).

Also not liking how Nylander Tavares and Matthews think they can stick handle through that trap. Not even Crosby is getting through that. They need to make some plays and work as a team. Short passes move as a unit like in the games we beat boston.

Hopefully they spoke about all this and bring a cleaner game tonight.

Yup... enough with trying for the pretty play.

Get the pucks on net and get a rebound. They're faster than Columbus and they can get plenty of goals that way.

Columbus clogs the middle of the ice when the Leafs attack and keeps them to the outside. Its harder to get a shot through... but eventually Leafs are going to get a bounce.

They also need to move the puck quicker and as soon as it's on the guys stick it needs to be at the net.

Last game they seemed to want to pass 15 times before a shot.. or they'd hold on to the puck way to long and the goalie would easily be set for the shot.

You can attempt a lot of shots at the net and pinch with the D... as long as the forwards are covering on the counter attack from Columbus.

If Leafs do a better job of this they should start crushing Columbus.

Reactions: Havoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->