GDT: Game 2 - Avs Vs. Blues - Redemption Round - 7PM MT

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Im no hockey coach. strategy expert, so can anyone tell me: why was St. Louis able to cycle the puck so well and how can they stop that tonight?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Im no hockey coach. strategy expert, so can anyone tell me: why was St. Louis able to cycle the puck so well and how can they stop that tonight?

They certainly fought for and won more 50/50 battles. And our forwards constantly cheating up ice for transitions opportunities created some extended defensive zone shifts when transition wasn’t achieved. our Wingers were Fing terrible Wednesday.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

e3e14bc4bdc66be2834776b15103ba57.gif

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Fresh legs. In the shift that St. Louis was able to cycle for seemingly forever, they made a full line change. After wearing the Avs down for ~30 seconds, they had 4 players in the perimeter that would continue the cycle while a player went off on a change. The cycle would continue, and the next player would go off. During that time, the Blues made no effort to make a scoring attempt, put the puck into the slot, etc. Their goal was to wear down the defenders and kill time and it may eventually lead to a scoring chance.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Go19

Jun 21, 2019

My problem with the Cole-Timmins pairing is it's going to eff up Timmins confidence when they inevitably get smoked. You could see him become more timid/second guessing as he was hung out to dry the other night on the goals he was on the ice for. The guy is trying to impress and make sure he stays up for good and having Cole will make that job tougher.

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Looking at the lines you can see why the Avs star players have to show up against teams like the Blues.

I think you can make a case that they have a better 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line.

I still don’t think their defence is too outstanding, but their forward group is very deep.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Just facts, sorry, i know you'd wish i was a troll.
Dude just sucks.

Zadorov was great for Hawks, in game one thou.
I wish, for your sake really, that you were a troll - because it would mean that the severe lack of intelligence that you display in most of your posts was actually just a character that you were playing. We all know that you are genuinely that stupid though, and actually believe the ridiculousness that you post. It's actually a little bit sad sometimes. I hope you are living a happy life my friend.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Cole will be able to play on his natural left side which should help him quite a bit.

I don't like G or Graves on the right side though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad