GDT: Game 2 - Avs Vs. Blues - Redemption Round - 7PM MT

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Imagine losing a top-5 defenceman in the NHL to free agency and just moving your next 6’5, incredible skating, giant up to the first pairing. I think the NHL world will show Parayko a lot more respect by the season end. He looked so fast last game skating the puck out of the zone, and he was also looking for big hits. I think he’ll finish high in Norris voting this season.

Nah. He’s a really good player, but the Avs made him look better than he is.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Wasn’t meant as a flex. I hate waking up early more than anything. 5am is a fictional time in my books. Only threw in the location to quantify why I’d be so masochistic to wake up for that shift.

just teasing at the hawaii and 4pm start. I bet a few folks wouldnt mind trading!

Reactions: Avs91

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Wasn’t meant as a flex. I hate waking up early more than anything. 5am is a fictional time in my books. Only threw in the location to quantify why I’d be so masochistic to wake up for that shift.

I'll just get up at 3am to watch the game, seems easier.

Good thing with kids is, you simply don't care about wakeup-times anymore. You just get up and your body has to do what's needed.

tshack

Apr 27, 2014
Gotta catch those big swells while they're in. Heard it's been quite a winter so far.

Reactions: JoeSakic13

kchan9

Oct 7, 2010
Play with energy and grit please. No more trying to dangle five guys or make those pretty passes that never works. Let's effin do this

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Aww, this feels right. Back where we belong:

ccgorYt.png

Reactions: Nihiliste

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
Would like to see LOC in the lineup for tonight - he really helped set a tone against the big guys with Dallas in the playoffs. He hustles and finishes checks and helped that 4th line cause some mayhem. While Jost played much better Wednesday on the 4th - it may be time to give Jost some 3rd line time if he plays that way and let JT have a seat. And Pierre loved LOC.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Would like to see LOC in the lineup for tonight - he really helped set a tone against the big guys with Dallas in the playoffs. He hustles and finishes checks and helped that 4th line cause some mayhem. While Jost played much better Wednesday on the 4th - it may be time to give Jost some 3rd line time if he plays that way and let JT have a seat. And Pierre loved LOC.

Im not positive on the taxi squad rules, but can they just call up a player for a game? Without an injury/covid case?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hawks fan comes in peace. Hi.
I see that you have Saad (possibly) as your 2nd line RW??? LOL

The reason why you lost game #1?
The answer : the Saad factor.

Since his return to Hawks jersey (2017)
he has not been the Saad you now, sorry for you guys,
he is these days 3rd line LW, at best.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, he will cost you many games this season.

Reactions: Koolboss

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Hawks fan comes in peace. Hi.
I see that you have Saad (possibly) as your 2nd line RW??? LOL

The reason why you lost game #1?
The answer : the Saad factor.

Since his return to Hawks jersey (2017)
he has not been the Saad you now, sorry for you guys,
he is these days 3rd line LW, at best.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, he will cost you many games this season.

We are well aware and very SAAD about it.

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
For those of you asking for Cole benched or LOC put in. When has bednar ever benched one of his vets? The guy is loyal to the players he knows even if there's better options eating nachos. Unless it's injuries or maintenance I don't think we see any roster changes or "sending a message". If anything timmins will be coming out of the line up when Johnson gets back.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
Im not positive on the taxi squad rules, but can they just call up a player for a game? Without an injury/covid case?
Good question - I've read this on ESPN - "Players can move freely between the taxi squad and the NHL roster, but call-ups must be made prior to 5 p.m. on game day."

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
For those of you asking for Cole benched or LOC put in. When has bednar ever benched one of his vets? The guy is loyal to the players he knows even if there's better options eating nachos. Unless it's injuries or maintenance I don't think we see any roster changes or "sending a message". If anything timmins will be coming out of the line up when Johnson gets back.

I don't think the vendors are open so no Nachos for anyone this year.

Reactions: AvsMakaw8

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The Avs sneakily left off Bowers and LOC from the practice report yesterday. Something to keep an eye on as they need to make changes to the taxi squad when Byram and EJ get out of quarantine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad