May 27, 2019
Hawks fan comes in peace. Hi.
I see that you have Saad (possibly) as your 2nd line RW??? LOL

The reason why you lost game #1?
The answer : the Saad factor.

Since his return to Hawks jersey (2017)
he has not been the Saad you now, sorry for you guys,
he is these days 3rd line LW, at best.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, he will cost you many games this season.

Thank you for letting us know.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, he will cost you many games this season.

Cool Story bro.

Reactions: Avs425

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Zadorov surely would have won us a ton of games being a healthy scratch/3rd pairing guy.

I did laugh so thanks for the LOLs

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

:laugh: this guy

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

That makes me feel saad

Reactions: McJedi

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
For those of you asking for Cole benched or LOC put in. When has bednar ever benched one of his vets? The guy is loyal to the players he knows even if there's better options eating nachos. Unless it's injuries or maintenance I don't think we see any roster changes or "sending a message". If anything timmins will be coming out of the line up when Johnson gets back.
During camp, Bednar specifically said it would happen.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Rather than feeding the troll I’ll just pretend what you’re saying is actually accurate and still smile because if Sakic turned Zadorov into a 3rd line LW it’s still a huge win lol.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
During camp, Bednar specifically said it would happen.
What he says and what he does are two different things. He’s shown he will play the exact lineup through a b2b. We’ll see when the games ramp up starting next week if he’s serious about resting guys.

I wasn’t thrilled with Saad’s game the other night but the bar he has to clear is to be better than Donskoi so we aren’t expecting any type of savior here.

Reactions: AvsMakaw8

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Rather than feeding the troll I’ll just pretend what you’re saying is actually accurate and still smile because if Sakic turned Zadorov into a 3rd line LW it’s still a huge win lol.

Just facts, sorry, i know you'd wish i was a troll.
Dude just sucks.

Zadorov was great for Hawks, in game one thou.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Just facts, sorry, i know you'd wish i was a troll.
Dude just sucks.

Zadorov was great for Hawks, in game one thou.
Was he? Lol. Funny enough I watched and he looked like Zadorov to me. Except the Zadorov we’re used to watching lays hits. The one that played for Chicago Wednesday night sucked like he always does, but never hit either.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Graves getting promoted?

giphy.gif

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Graves getting promoted?
I don't think it's about him getting a promotion, as much as it is about ensuring that there's a huge Dman next to Girard so that we can win the puck back on the cycle when that pair gets stuck in their own zone. That shift in the 3rd period last game where Girard and Timmins couldn't win the puck back on the cycle was painful to watch.

Fwiw I had suggested going back to the pairs below, but Graves on the 2nd pair instead of Toews works just as well.

Graves -- Makar
Girard --- Toews
Cole ------ Timmins

Last edited:

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Wasn’t meant as a flex. I hate waking up early more than anything. 5am is a fictional time in my books. Only threw in the location to quantify why I’d be so masochistic to wake up for that shift.

I wake up at 5:00 AM to take my dog to the dog park in Saskatchewan, so you're not gettin any sympathy here beach bro

I say we lose tonight. We looked atrocious and unprepared the other night and I just don't think one day off fixes that. I'll watch until our 3rd turnover makes it 3-0

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't think it's about him getting a promotion, as much as it is about ensuring that there's a huge Dman next to Girard so that we can win the puck back on the cycle when that pair gets stuck in their own zone. That shift in the 3rd period last game where Girard and Timmins couldn't win the puck back on the cycle was painful to watch.

Fwiw I had suggested going back to the pairs below, but Graves on the 2nd pair instead of Toews works just well too.

Graves -- Makar
Girard --- Toews
Cole ------ Timmins

I agreed, it was a nice experiment, but that's where it ends IMO. The game showed that Girard still needs a big Dman to retrieve pucks and that we should never, ever see Graves and Cole together on the ice again. While I'm not a size queen, I think it is important to have some bigger defenseman in the backend to help disrupt cycles.

Edit: Also what I would do for Parayko or a similar defender. He would solve a lot of problems.

Reactions: Richard88

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I agreed, it was a nice experiment, but that's where it ends IMO. The game showed that Girard still needs a big Dman to retrieve pucks and that we should never, ever see Graves and Cole together on the ice again. While I'm not a size queen, I think it is important to have some bigger defenseman in the backend to help disrupt cycles.

Edit: Also what I would do for Parayko or a similar defender. He would solve a lot of problems.

Cole is going to drag anyone down that has to play along side Ian. But Cole anchors Graves worse than others. Graves didn’t anchor Cale nearly to the extent Cole drags down any D partner he’s with. Might as well see how much Cole negatively impacts Timmins vs his negative impacts on Graves or... Toews.

Ask not what the Avs can do for Ian Cole, but what can Ian Cole do for the Avs. If the answer is lack of gap control, turnovers and inaccurate passing for neutral zone giveaways... that’s not enough for a regular game day role.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs were, collectively, so bad Wednesday night, I suspect you’ll see a different team tonight. Can’t put a finger on what or who went wrong Wednesday. Just slap down your entire palm and it covers our shortcomings that game.

tonight needs to be a better collective effort. That includes Bednar. He coached a POS game Wednesday. He was as bad as his players.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
When Byram is back, will be nice to scratch Cole and see the effects.

will also be worth seeing how the team does with PEB as a healthy scratch. His game was real weak Wednesday. The best PKers for my money were Jost and JTC. When Donskoi wasn’t tripping over the blue line, his speed was nice on the PK. No earthly idea why Nuke doesn’t get a PK shift at his size. He’d win puck battles along the boards and his long reach would present problems.

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad