GDT: Game 2 - (4)Boston Bruins vs (5) Toronto Maple Leafs - 7PM - CBC, RDS, NESN II

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Sorry, problem I see with Jagr, on any line at this stage of his career is he isn`t as quick as he used to be, not that he was Ovechkin quick but...I`d like to see Jagr get a little selfish and take more shots, too many times he`s been looking to pass first
Jagr needs much more support if he is going to do anything offensively.As someone else mentioned I would consider putting Seguin on the 3rd line.We saw many times last night where Seguin was creating chances all by himself with his great speed.I thought Tyler played great last night.

CLC*

Jagr needs much more support if he is going to do anything offensively.As someone else mentioned I would consider putting Seguin on the 3rd line.We saw many times last night where Seguin was creating chances all by himself with his great speed.I thought Tyler played great last night.

we are gona mix $ match... no telling now,cj

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Couple observations,

The Krejci line has been good overall. Really good in the Ozone for the most part. Good puck control, creating chances and going to the net. Few to many turnovers still. In the Dzone they have been not great, not terrible. A few to many shifts where they got pinned in and couldnt get the puck back.

The Bergeron line has been good overall. In the Ozone they have the best puck possession, do great things along the boards, even have some good setups, they are simply lacking the execution of goal scoring right now. They need to fix that, and its probably why you saw Bergy get so mad about that goal called back, bc even though its meaningless in that game, it was huge for him and that line to get one. In the Dzone they are easily are best line, i almost dont even really worry when there on the ice for the most part, which is really nice.

The Kelly line oh man, i said this was gonna be a terrible line in the dzone but it was just terrible all round. Jagr with his worst game so far as a Bruin, but in his defense he has literally no help in the Ozone and he puts very little effort in his dzone play. Pundits said they didnt see the fit when we got him and they're looking to be right.

The Campbell line was good. Did what there supposed to do and did it well.

The D, just a miserable game as most agree. The thing that really bugs me about the d group and i said it in the gdt, the complete lack of physicality when it comes to guys in front of our net. You watch any other team play in these playoffs and its a war zone in front. The Bruins just use their sticks and attempt to hit opposing players sticks or poke the puck away. Really frustrating.

Chara was bad overall but still is great on the PK and great at certain aspects of his game. He needs to be much smarter, but at the same time much better physically.

Seidenberg, well not much to say clearly a stinker from him. I think he will bounce back fine when paired with Chara again Monday.

McQuaid was ok imo. Didnt really make glaring mistakes and was ok physically. Not great in the Ozone, but never has been so tough to rag on him for that.

Boychuk was up and down. Made some nice plays and some real stupid plays. Obviously needs to be more consistent.

Redden didnt have a great game imo. Bad positioning resulted in the first goal, but he does look good in the Ozone so that's something.

Dougie was ok for his first game. Couple nervous moments for sure but dont think he was a cause for blame or anything.

For Monday i really think its a mistake to keep that third line the same. It's a liability. I dont know what the answer is to be honest, bring daug back? yeti? switch up other lines? but something needs to be done there. Other than that, and the D pairings going back to normal we will win Monday if we bring the 100% effort! Finish checks, put the puck deep and fight for it, cut down the turnovers, Focus!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Couple observations,

The Krejci line has been good overall. Really good in the Ozone for the most part. Good puck control, creating chances and going to the net. Few to many turnovers still. In the Dzone they have been not great, not terrible. A few to many shifts where they got pinned in and couldnt get the puck back.

The Bergeron line has been good overall. In the Ozone they have the best puck possession, do great things along the boards, even have some good setups, they are simply lacking the execution of goal scoring right now. They need to fix that, and its probably why you saw Bergy get so mad about that goal called back, bc even though its meaningless in that game, it was huge for him and that line to get one. In the Dzone they are easily are best line, i almost dont even really worry when there on the ice for the most part, which is really nice.

The Kelly line oh man, i said this was gonna be a terrible line in the dzone but it was just terrible all round. Jagr with his worst game so far as a Bruin, but in his defense he has literally no help in the Ozone and he puts very little effort in his dzone play. Pundits said they didnt see the fit when we got him and they're looking to be right.

The Campbell line was good. Did what there supposed to do and did it well.

The D, just a miserable game as most agree. The thing that really bugs me about the d group and i said it in the gdt, the complete lack of physicality when it comes to guys in front of our net. You watch any other team play in these playoffs and its a war zone in front. The Bruins just use their sticks and attempt to hit opposing players sticks or poke the puck away. Really frustrating.

Chara was bad overall but still is great on the PK and great at certain aspects of his game. He needs to be much smarter, but at the same time much better physically.

Seidenberg, well not much to say clearly a stinker from him. I think he will bounce back fine when paired with Chara again Monday.

McQuaid was ok imo. Didnt really make glaring mistakes and was ok physically. Not great in the Ozone, but never has been so tough to rag on him for that.

Boychuk was up and down. Made some nice plays and some real stupid plays. Obviously needs to be more consistent.

Redden didnt have a great game imo. Bad positioning resulted in the first goal, but he does look good in the Ozone so that's something.

Dougie was ok for his first game. Couple nervous moments for sure but dont think he was a cause for blame or anything.

For Monday i really think its a mistake to keep that third line the same. It's a liability. I dont know what the answer is to be honest, bring daug back? yeti? switch up other lines? but something needs to be done there. Other than that, and the D pairings going back to normal we will win Monday if we bring the 100% effort! Finish checks, put the puck deep and fight for it, cut down the turnovers, Focus!

Very nice synopsis.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
The third line was better in the first game but was sort of a checking line/energy lite line than one that might score.

I would like to see what Soderberg can do but I think for Monday Julien may go with what worked in game 1.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
The third line has been a real disappointment. Peverly/Kelly/Jagr should be a big advantage going up against the lower tier of the Leafs depth chart and they have very little.

Seguin has been buzzing, playing excellent except he just can't buy one. Bergeron can play better. KHL and 4th line has been solid.

On d, Hamilton was really fighting the puck last night and should be sat down for game 3 with Ference coming back. Bad game from Chara last night. The unit was strong in game 1 and pretty terrible last night. Not sold on Rask this series either, he looked a bit scrambly to me in game 1 but the Leafs never found out and wasn't great last night. There is no way Thomas lets in that 4th goal, he would have saved it in desperation.

Off to game 3, if the d tightens it up and they will be fine.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Playing Jagr on that line is a frigging insult to him and anyone else with any sense. He must be killing himself privately. He's the best playmaker on this team but playing with bottom 6 talent is an absolute waste. He won't be back,if this is any indication of his future role.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The third line has been a real disappointment. Peverly/Kelly/Jagr should be a big advantage going up against the lower tier of the Leafs depth chart and they have very little.

Seguin has been buzzing, playing excellent except he just can't buy one. Bergeron can play better. KHL and 4th line has been solid.

On d, Hamilton was really fighting the puck last night and should be sat down for game 3 with Ference coming back. Bad game from Chara last night. The unit was strong in game 1 and pretty terrible last night. Not sold on Rask this series either, he looked a bit scrambly to me in game 1 but the Leafs never found out and wasn't great last night. There is no way Thomas lets in that 4th goal, he would have saved it in desperation.

Off to game 3, if the d tightens it up and they will be fine.

First it was Bourque's fault,now it's Jagr's. Geeesh.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Jagr was TERRIBLE last night
his game getting worst and worst
what you expect ?
HE RECEIVE THE IDIOT CLODE TREATEMENT
Jagr is not CONFUSE in offense and lost his CONFIDENCE
EXACTLY the same treatment and result than
SEGUIN and Hamilton
Hamilton came with an incredible offensive instinc, that this team needed so much
but CLODE made him lose all of it, and at the end of season he was
CONFUSE and made many mistake like Jagr do now and like EVERYBODY accuse Seguin of
Soderberg is already recieved this cancer treatment
That take a deep idiot to put Jagr on 3rd and 4th line IDIOT
wish the best to bruins and win DESPITE of terrible coaching

Can somebody please remove this guy's shift and caps lock key.

If I understood what I think you wrote, I agree. I think.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the Bruins can't score on a goalie who is playing above average. So let's put Peverly and Kelly out there with Jagr. That will help!!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
First it was Bourque's fault,now it's Jagr's. Geeesh.

I don't think it is Jagr. I think Jagr is being misused though on that line.

I think Peverly and Kelly have struggled a lot this season (Kelly has been better since return) and I think the two of them together makes their struggles grow exponentially.

I still think they kept Bourque around too long and he wasn't the answer to the third line but Kelly and Peverly are both probably having the worst seasons of their career.

Doesn't help that Seguin is struggling to score (he played well last night but still couldn't finish his chances).

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The Boston Bruins did not want to win that game. Their effort shows in spades.

Speaking of spades, Peverley it's time to report back to the Black Aces. I'm done with watching Kelly and Peverley do nothing this year at all except stop any momentum the other lines have created.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I don't think it is Jagr. I think Jagr is being misused though on that line.

I think Peverly and Kelly have struggled a lot this season (Kelly has been better since return) and I think the two of them together makes their struggles grow exponentially.

I still think they kept Bourque around too long and he wasn't the answer to the third line but Kelly and Peverly are both probably having the worst seasons of their career.

Doesn't help that Seguin is struggling to score (he played well last night but still couldn't finish his chances).

Playing Jagr this way is nothing less than asinine. Sorry Claude,it's asinine.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I would take a hard look at putting Soderberg in with Jagr.
They have both not had the 'defensive mindset' burned into their psyche and play well offensively together from what I have seen. That said, it could lead to defensive lapses, but it's a risk to be evaluated.
And it would be ironic if a 'Sundin type' player helps bury the leafs :)

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Or:" I wish i could stop to turn the puck over and play sound defensive like our 1A centerman " or maybe " It would be excellent if i could win as much faceoffs as our 1A centerman. It would help to create offense in the offensive zone "...

Faceoff wins are one of the most overrated statistics in the NHL.

You're trying to deflect what he said. Bergeron DOES need to show up offensively. He's a great player, but gets a pass quite often just because he's elite defensively. That's not going to cut it in the playoffs.

He can be better offensively, and I believe he will during these playoffs, but he has not been so far.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Playing Jagr on that line is a frigging insult to him and anyone else with any sense. He must be killing himself privately. He's the best playmaker on this team but playing with bottom 6 talent is an absolute waste. He won't be back,if this is any indication of his future role.
i hope he is killing himself privately, because he certainly wasn't killing himself out there last night. If that's the game he's going to bring, they'd be better served with a grinder who can really grind.

NinthSpoke06

Nov 30, 2009
Watertown, MA
Pretty ****ing hilarious that Ference gets suspended yet Phaneuf doesn't even get a hearing

Just typical ****ing NHL. The Bruins are the big, bad, bullies. Anything you do to them is fair game. We saw this when Matt Cooke tried to kill Marc Savard.

This league is ****ing disgusting.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Jagr needs to sit tomorrow night. Claude made an excuse today of him not being 100% after the flu. If you're not healthy enough to play then you belong on level 9. I'd put Soderberg or Daugavans in and I think you will see a better 3rd line.

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
Actually I didn't single out Jagr, I said the whole third line has to be better, among others.

But the 3rd line problem IS about Jagr. Nobody expect anything from Kelly, Pevs or Daugavins but from Jagr. His last 2 games after the flu were really bad and the whole line looked abysmal. When Jagr played very well in regular season he made even Paille and Campbell as offensive threats.

What I don´t really understand is the fact that there are some people here who are sending Jagr to press box because of his bad 2 games and lack of D work. Those people have been probably watching hockey for past two weeks only because Jagr HAS NEVER PLAYED any defense. If you want somebody for D work you simply can´t bring in someone like Jagr.

If you put Jagr to 3rd line with D first players you just ruin the whole line both offensively and defensively. And the worse thing is that that was probably the plan with Jagr from Chia. To mix Jagr with bottom 6 players and see if it works 5on5. Now its clear that it doesn´t work with this team and under Clode. I would be extremely surprised if Chia offers JJ contract for the next year and I would be completely shocked if JJ wants to play under this coach for the entire next season.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
I am cheering for the Bs as I hate the Laffs to my core. HABS Laffs best and oldest rivalry in the NHL and I love seeing the Laffs get their ***** handed to them. Bs need to step it up. GO Bs GO

I am a HABS fan first and foremost then a fan of ANY team playing the Laffs.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
THis is scary. :laugh:

LOL. To me the Laffs are he unwanted red headed step sibling you can't stand. The Bs to me are just that annoying sibling that wants to tag along with you everywhere you go. Annoying but loveable. I am also a huge fan of hard nosed in your face hockey which is lacking with all the new rules being implemented. I feel Shanny got the suspension on Gryba wrong that was one hell of a great open ice hit. Bad ending but amazing hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00