GDT: Game 2 - (4)Boston Bruins vs (5) Toronto Maple Leafs - 7PM - CBC, RDS, NESN II

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
Jagr needs to sit tomorrow night. Claude made an excuse today of him not being 100% after the flu. If you're not healthy enough to play then you belong on level 9. I'd put Soderberg or Daugavans in and I think you will see a better 3rd line.

Completely agree with you. I wouldn´t dress Jagr to 3rd line with those guys healthy or not. Its misuse of Jagr and first and foremost bad for the team.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Jagr was TERRIBLE last night
his game getting worst and worst
what you expect ?
HE RECEIVE THE IDIOT CLODE TREATEMENT
Jagr is not CONFUSE in offense and lost his CONFIDENCE
EXACTLY the same treatment and result than
SEGUIN and Hamilton
Hamilton came with an incredible offensive instinc, that this team needed so much
but CLODE made him lose all of it, and at the end of season he was
CONFUSE and made many mistake like Jagr do now and like EVERYBODY accuse Seguin of
Soderberg is already recieved this cancer treatment
That take a deep idiot to put Jagr on 3rd and 4th line IDIOT
wish the best to bruins and win DESPITE of terrible coaching

Jagr, a 41-yr-old veteran, has lost his confidence. Riiiiight. :shakehead

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Completely agree with you. I wouldn´t dress Jagr to 3rd line with those guys healthy or not. Its misuse of Jagr and first and foremost bad for the team.

So the answer is to sit the most talented player on the team. Dumfounding.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
If he's not going to play like he's part of the team or use that talent then yes he should sit.

jagr should be on the top 2 lines.
either horton or seguin should moved down to line3
the way seguins has played the first 2 games i would swap him with jagr

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
jagr should be on the top 2 lines.
either horton or seguin should moved down to line3
the way seguins has played the first 2 games i would swap him with jagr

Exactly. He should be a focal point of the offense,not some misguided savior of Kelly and Peverley's season. How in the hell is he not better than at least 2 of the other wingers? Bench Peverley and get Soderberg in there. Not Julien's finest work with all the line juggling the last 3 weeks.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Pretty ****ing hilarious that Ference gets suspended yet Phaneuf doesn't even get a hearing

Just typical ****ing NHL. The Bruins are the big, bad, bullies. Anything you do to them is fair game. We saw this when Matt Cooke tried to kill Marc Savard.

This league is ****ing disgusting.

im pretty sure ference got suspended because the leaf broadcast threw up the replay of it 5,000 times.

Notice they didnt show one replay or mention the Phaneuf hit last nite. not once.

If you ask me, neither of them are suspension worthy.
So far this playoffs, the abdelkater one is probably only one suspension worthy.

acr*

Jagr obviously shouldn't be with Kelly and Peverley, but scratching him outright would be foolish. Even if Julien is so in love with the idea of keeping Lucic/Krejci/Horton together, at least hide Jagr on the 4th with Paille/Campbell for 4 minutes of even strength icetime and just let him loose on powerplays.

You know, assuming we actually get more than SEVEN SECONDS of power play time tomorrow.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I'm late to this because I was so ****ing pissed off last night....

I believe Claude got his ass handed to him last night. They made a good point on CBC (one of the few) that he was chasing matchups all night.

When EXACTLY did Phil Kessel become the greatest, most dangerous goalscorer on Earth? The answer is, never. Why Julien allows a 30 goal floater too dictate every single moment of a game is beyond me but he does and last night it killed us.

- The first line was good but could have been better. I thought Milan Lucic regressed after having about 5 good games in a row. He needs to hit everything that moves. His physical play is the engine of this team.

- We need more offense from Bergeron.

- Seguin and Marchand are SOOOOO close to exploding offensively.

- They need to start burying some chances though.

- Not nearly enough net presence. James Reimer is horse ****. He gives up at least a half dozen FAT rebounds a game, they should be in the back of the net instead of getting cleared out by the Leafs rubbish defense.

- Speaking of rubbish defense, that is what ours was last night.

- Johnny Boychuk is the worst top 4 defenseman in the league.

- Anyone miss Andy Ference? I know I did.

- Zdeno Chara looks very tired.

- The 3rd line was a total gong show. Chris Kelly played his worst game since returning from injury. Jagr looked like a 40+ year old and Rich Peverley was lost. I love Pevvy but he is gone this Summer. He needs a change of scenery.

- Dougie Hamilton looked 19.

- I'm waiting for us to get a call in our favour. We got nothing from the officials last night, who were TOTAL garbage.

- I'd like to see Tuukka save that breakaway on Kessel and he did get his stick on it but I'm not blaming the goaltender. He kept us in the game while our defense looked lost and our forwards floated.

Game 3 is pretty big. This is beginning to feel a lot like 2012 against the Caps. Half assed effort. Not getting any calls. Not burying our chances against a sub par goaltender.

Oh, one more thing. Leaf fans are intolerable. We give Hab fans a lot of grief but at least they can point to success in their past. Leaf fans can point to nothing. they have one playoff win in almost a ****ing decade and they are throwing a parade.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Hi.

If there are people who question Andy Ference's value to this team after last night, then I'm not sure what you thought of the defensive effort on the ice in game 2.

Also, as unpopular an opinion as it was before game one, Rich Peverley can re-assume his spot in the pressbox next game. Sorry, love ya Pevs, but it's a "what have you done for me lately" world and lately, not only are you not delivering the goods, you're somehow pissing on them before they get to my door.

You get the idea.

I'm over it. Let's go up to Taranna and get that one back.

unifiedtheory

Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
One more thing...

I think Claude should adjust the lines again.

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin
Marchand - Bergeron - Horton
Soderberg - Kelly - Jagr
Paille - Soup - Daugman

Peverley is cooked in my opinion and Shawn Thornton is not required right now in this series. Toronto went to their speed lineup and it worked, it's time for Claude too counter that. Balance the top 6.

Yes, that third line is pretty awful defensively but it SHOULD be good in the Leaf end of the rink. At some point we should be able to trust our other three lines to defend and take a risk. I'd use the Kelly line (in this configuration) with Chara and Seidenberg as a 5 man unit.

I know none of this matters because the only changes will be Ference: In, Dougie: Out and Daugman or Yeti: In, Peverley: Out.

unifiedtheory

Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Hi.

If there are people who question Andy Ference's value to this team after last night, then I'm not sure what you thought of the defensive effort on the ice in game 2.

Also, as unpopular an opinion as it was before game one, Rich Peverley can re-assume his spot in the pressbox next game. Sorry, love ya Pevs, but it's a "what have you done for me lately" world and lately, not only are you not delivering the goods, you're somehow pissing on them before they get to my door.

You get the idea.

I'm over it. Let's go up to Taranna and get that one back.

Andy's value in the playoffs will never be questioned by me. He allows us to play the pairings we want.

Pevvy is going to be scratched for sure.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Johnny Boychuk has been horrendous both games. It is getting lost because of the goals. But going forward his play has to improve.

Chara looked lost. Seidenberg maybe played his worst game ever.

Just brutal.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
They made me drink to the point of still being hungover at 4:30.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Yesterday there was a discussion about how few power plays we get versus Montreal. I mentioned that Montreal players know how to draw penalties. In the game this afternoon where Pittsburgh beat NYI on a power play in overtime it was Crosby who knew what he had to do to draw a penalty. The Islanders player was leaning on him and Milbury and Roenick agree it was a cagey move by Crosby to let his left leg slide and he went down. They both said he is one of the strongest skaters yet he went down easily to draw a penalty. This is what Montreal does better than anyone. The Bruins should take note because if they are do face the Pens in the upcoming rounds you can bet that the Pens will look to take advantage of the Bruins aggressiveness and their superior power play to win on the pp. I don't see anyone beating them if they keep getting power play opportunities.. they have scored six pp goals on 13 chances, this is how they will win unless they run into a superior pk unit and /or hot goaltending...

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'm late to this because I was so ****ing pissed off last night....

I believe Claude got his ass handed to him last night. They made a good point on CBC (one of the few) that he was chasing matchups all night.

When EXACTLY did Phil Kessel become the greatest, most dangerous goalscorer on Earth? The answer is, never. Why Julien allows a 30 goal floater too dictate every single moment of a game is beyond me but he does and last night it killed us.

He's a top 10 scorer two years in a row. He does a lot more than score goals.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Johnny Boychuk has been horrendous both games. It is getting lost because of the goals. But going forward his play has to improve.

Just brutal.

All true. Still were 1 goal away to tie it late into the game.

That's how brutal our opposition is...

Madik77

Jun 9, 2006
So the answer is to sit the most talented player on the team. Dumfounding.

Funny, because I stand by my opinion and at the same time I agree with you.
If Jagr is not played on first 2 lines than his talent is wasted. In his 42, he is not the player who can make players like Kip Miller and Jan Hrdina elite NHL players anymore.

If Jagr stays with 3/4 liners he will try to make the play by himself more and more. If he sends his linemates to good chance they will probably fail to finish. But it will lead to more turnovers as well and more people here who will want to send him to press box:shakehead. It is very easy for their D to focus just on one player on this line.

Jagr is misused. Period. Chia and Clode should know what are Jagr´s strengths. And if not they can ask someone because everyone knows that it is not defense or fighting guys around the ice.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Funny, because I stand by my opinion and at the same time I agree with you.
If Jagr is not played on first 2 lines than his talent is wasted. In his 42, he is not the player who can make players like Kip Miller and Jan Hrdina elite NHL players anymore.

If Jagr stays with 3/4 liners he will try to make the play by himself more and more. If he sends his linemates to good chance they will probably fail to finish. But it will lead to more turnovers as well and more people here who will want to send him to press box:shakehead. It is very easy for their D to focus just on one player on this line.

Jagr is misused. Period. Chia and Clode should know what are Jagr´s strengths. And if not they can ask someone because everyone knows that it is not defense or fighting guys around the ice.

Noone,not even Crosby could make shinola out of horse ****.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Just brutal.

Horrendous enough that he's scored in both games.

I actually don't think the defense was bad in game 1. The whole defense was abysmal in game 2 though.

I don't thin Julien figured out a way to make the pairings work without Ference.

Boychuk is awful with Seids and visa versa (you know Seids had to know his game sucked). Boychuk is good with two people-Chara and Ference. Chemistry often does make a difference.

I don't think I would overhaul all the forward lines.

I would send Pevs back to the press box and bring out Daugavins or the Yeti and flip flop Seguinfor Jagr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad