GDT: Game 2 - (4)Boston Bruins vs (5) Toronto Maple Leafs - 7PM - CBC, RDS, NESN II

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
That IMO isn't worth nitpicking.

It is a standard media answer after a loss.

Also Krejci did play a good game-the defense sucked and the third line was once again a black hole (no offense and a defensive liability).

I was pointing at the comment more then at Krejci himself. People who wanted Peverly on that 3rd line should have been in shock... He was abyssal, again...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I was pointing at the comment more then at Krejci himself. People who wanted Peverly on that 3rd line should have been in shock... He was abyssal, again...

I`m a loud RP supporter but he "could" be playing his way onto another roster, not sure what`s going on with him

LyndonByers

Nov 1, 2006
It kill me to say this but the it would extremely beneficial for the Bruins they become a "one dand done" thing. Look at this comment from old friend #46:

@TheBruinsBlog
Bruins David Krejci:"I think we played a good game, but I don’t think we played our best game."

This exactly what is wrong with this club. They always have the "good line" to answer a question. What the hell he's talking about??? Played a good game?? They lost. It's not like the Bruins dominated 55 min of the game. There's too many people who feel confortable/good about themselves after a loss. Boucher said that when you play against the Bruins, you play against a "culture". I think it's time to change the culture...

Not quite sure what is wrong with this quote. Krejci has been the Bruins best player through the first two games. It is obvious the Bruins didn't play their best game.

Krejci is the least of this teams problems. I only wish the Bruins had a few other guys with Krejci's ability to create offense.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Not quite sure what is wrong with this quote. Krejci has been the Bruins best player through the first two games. It is obvious the Bruins didn't play their best game.

Krejci is the least of this teams problems. I only wish the Bruins had a few other guys with Krejci's ability to create offense.

What's wrong? Stop talking and play hard for 60 min. That is all.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Totally get the Z vs Kessel matchup, I wasn`t paying super attention to it but I didn`t think he was matching too much?

Intensity/execution of game 1 missing IMO, simple as that

Oh, I think it was a massive chess match, trying to match lines all night until he realized it wasn't working. Then it was too late. Definitely have to roll the 4 lines...let them get proper time to get their flow.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Oh, I think it was a massive chess match, trying to match lines all night until he realized it wasn't working. Then it was too late. Definitely have to roll the 4 lines...let them get proper time to get their flow.

It was obvious Julien couldn't adapt to the changes about 10 minutes into the game. It's an odd thing from a coaching perspective though. You want to match against their best player, but when he plays a shift with 2 grinders, do you make the change or try for offensive zone time.

They get last change next time. I wouldn't worry about defensive match-up. It really created some off pairings last night that cost us zone time and a couple of goals. I'd put Seguin and Jagr with Krejci for an odd shift here and there. Not for offensive punch, but to force the Leafs to make the odd D changes.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Jagr was TERRIBLE last night
his game getting worst and worst
what you expect ?
HE RECEIVE THE IDIOT CLODE TREATEMENT
Jagr is not CONFUSE in offense and lost his CONFIDENCE
EXACTLY the same treatment and result than
SEGUIN and Hamilton
Hamilton came with an incredible offensive instinc, that this team needed so much
but CLODE made him lose all of it, and at the end of season he was
CONFUSE and made many mistake like Jagr do now and like EVERYBODY accuse Seguin of
Soderberg is already recieved this cancer treatment
That take a deep idiot to put Jagr on 3rd and 4th line IDIOT
wish the best to bruins and win DESPITE of terrible coaching

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The big problem yesterday was Seidenberg.

He played his worst game of the season by far getting beat on the 2nd goal, out of position after his shot on the 3rd and doing I still don't know what on the 4th.

That and the refs that were completely putrid yesterday giving the Leafs a phantom tripping call on Cara to tie it and get back into the game after a dominant start in the 2nd by the Bruins and the two huge non call on the slash that broke Jagr stick and shortly after that, the blatant elbow by faux tough Diane on Paille with the score 3-2.

Bruins could have certainly have played a better game. But like we saw in game 2, even that kind of effort is good enough to win against this lowly Leafs team.

Bruins will no doubt win this series. The question is how many games it will take. Could be 5 with more game 1 effort. Could be 7 with more game 2 underwhelming showing.

I stick with my pre-series prediction: Bruins in 6.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I`m a loud RP supporter but he "could" be playing his way onto another roster, not sure what`s going on with him

He should be traded. HE has looked abysmal. I was saying this all season, yet people blamed Chris Bourque or whoever else they had playing with him.

Jagr-Yeti-Kelly for game 3. I can't believe Clode is still screwing around with these line 3 games into the playoffs. This should be easy.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Seguin had a great game, hopefully he can keep it going and he will find better results if he can keep his legs going.

Lucic also had a solid game, I'm sure as the series gets going more he will be more of a force and start chipping in the goals.

I'm still picking B's in 5.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
The big problem yesterday was Seidenberg.

That and the refs that were completely putrid yesterday giving the Leafs a phantom tripping call on Cara to tie it and get back into the game after a dominant start in the 2nd by the Bruins and the two huge non call on the slash that broke Jagr stick and shortly after that, the blatant elbow by faux tough Diane on Paille with the score 3-2.

I know. The refs always seem to have it in for the Bruins. When they play the Habs, it's the refs that usually cost them the game. Same with the Leafs. Refs want leafs to win, for sure. All these phantom calls on the B's.... And when a Leaf/Hab commits a blatant foul, refs put their whistles away! It's just too much.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Gotta agree Seids had his worst game of the season. I don't think Seids and Boychuk are comfortable together or complement each other.

The defense was a mess. In hindsight Julien should have kept Seids and Chara together.

Chara's game was pretty bad as well. Actually I am hard pressed to think of a defenseman who had a good game (even though Boychuk scored).

Third line is awful. If it isn't going to score it should just be used as another checking line-Pevs was awful, Kelly was awful and Jagr had his worst game as a Bruin.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
It kill me to say this but the it would extremely beneficial for the Bruins they become a "one dand done" thing. Look at this comment from old friend #46:

@TheBruinsBlog
Bruins David Krejci:"I think we played a good game, but I don’t think we played our best game."

This exactly what is wrong with this club. They always have the "good line" to answer a question. What the hell he's talking about??? Played a good game?? They lost. It's not like the Bruins dominated 55 min of the game. There's too many people who feel confortable/good about themselves after a loss. Boucher said that when you play against the Bruins, you play against a "culture". I think it's time to change the culture...

He should have said "It would be nice if the 1A centerman could chip in some offense as well.."

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Gotta agree Seids had his worst game of the season. I don't think Seids and Boychuk are comfortable together or complement each other.

The defense was a mess. In hindsight Julien should have kept Seids and Chara together.

Chara's game was pretty bad as well. Actually I am hard pressed to think of a defenseman who had a good game (even though Boychuk scored).

Third line is awful. If it isn't going to score it should just be used as another checking line-Pevs was awful, Kelly was awful and Jagr had his worst game as a Bruin.

Funny someone posted a while back the difference in the Bruins' record when Ference is in or out of the lineup - it was amazing. I don't think it's because Ference himself is a game-changer but I think you may have something in that there appears to be a domino effect. Or maybe Seids just needs to sit next to him on the bench. ;)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

That is the real problem. Bergeron's line sucks at finishing all of a sudden, and the third line is non existent in the "O" zone still.

This is the Leafs and their "D" we are talking about...not the '79 Canadiens...we should be able to put 4 goals a game up vs them.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Funny someone posted a while back the difference in the Bruins' record when Ference is in or out of the lineup - it was amazing. I don't think it's because Ference himself is a game-changer but I think you may have something in that there appears to be a domino effect. Or maybe Seids just needs to sit next to him on the bench. ;)

Many people here said to keep Seids with Chara, bump Redden the vet up with Boychuk and paly it safe with AJ and McQuaid as your third pair....but what do we know...:laugh:

Ference is one of those guy who just turn it up this time of year.. He is invaluable.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Krejci was very good again last night but something was wrong with #37 hope not dinged again- seemed off; and the Leafs third line is light years ahead of ours right now

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
That is the real problem. Bergeron's line sucks at finishing all of a sudden, and the third line is non existent in the "O" zone still.

This is the Leafs and their "D" we are talking about...not the '79 Canadiens...we should be able to put 4 goals a game up vs them.

Not only their D is suspect but their G is even worse.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
He should have said "It would be nice if the 1A centerman could chip in some offense as well.."

Or:" I wish i could stop to turn the puck over and play sound defensive like our 1A centerman " or maybe " It would be excellent if i could win as much faceoffs as our 1A centerman. It would help to create offense in the offensive zone "...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad