GDT: Game 2 - (4)Boston Bruins vs (5) Toronto Maple Leafs - 7PM - CBC, RDS, NESN II

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
It's too bad the Bruins don't have someone like Raffi Torres to go out and throw the body around.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
People here in Toronto were in the streets like it was a game 7 win and in Bruins Nation the sky is falling. And ever the pendulum swings...

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It was just painful watching game 2 after the dominant game 1. Maybe the only issue is Ference being gone screwed up the defense. Hopefully.

deliciouspie

the best post »»»»»
Oct 22, 2008
sf, austin, here
bad night for the offense, and the defense continues to look kind of lost from time to time

there wasn't really anyone in particular that looked really bad but there's plenty of "y'all can probably do better than that" to go around

the bergeron, marchand, and seguin line in particularly has to match their on ice shooting % that they had in the regular season, which probably boils down to seguin not taking low probability shots a lot

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Funny, because I stand by my opinion and at the same time I agree with you.
If Jagr is not played on first 2 lines than his talent is wasted. In his 42, he is not the player who can make players like Kip Miller and Jan Hrdina elite NHL players anymore.

If Jagr stays with 3/4 liners he will try to make the play by himself more and more. If he sends his linemates to good chance they will probably fail to finish. But it will lead to more turnovers as well and more people here who will want to send him to press box:shakehead. It is very easy for their D to focus just on one player on this line.

Jagr is misused. Period. Chia and Clode should know what are Jagr´s strengths. And if not they can ask someone because everyone knows that it is not defense or fighting guys around the ice.
Yes,Jagr is misused but I don't think CJ is going to change the top two lines now.I think it's a no brainer to sit Peverley and bring in Soderberg.I wasn't overly impressed with Soderberg but it did seem like he and Jagr were on the verge of developing some chemistry.It's just a gut feeling but I think Jagr is really going to shine in games 3 and 4.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It was just painful watching game 2 after the dominant game 1. Maybe the only issue is Ference being gone screwed up the defense. Hopefully.
As a visiting Leaf fan I will say it looked like some of this ^

Or maybe the issue was the Leafs didn't suck this time.

But that only mattered because of a whole lot of this ^.

Seriously that first game the Leafs didn't even look like they wanted to play. Total Bruin domination. This one was much more intense and a lot closer. It was exciting. Win or lose for my team that's what I want the series to look like...rough and fast paced.

See you tomorrow.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
As a visiting Leaf fan I will say it looked like some of this ^

But that only mattered because of a whole lot of this ^.

Seriously that first game the Leafs didn't even look like they wanted to play. Total Bruin domination. This one was much more intense and a lot closer. It was exciting. Win or lose for my team that's what I want the series to look like...rough and fast paced.

See you tomorrow.

Leaf fan in peace as well, I agree, 7 game series overtime loss for the leafs and I'm over the moon. Just want our youth to gain the experience and keep developing. 4 game sweep in the 1st playoff series in 9 years for me, would've likely been worse than a 10th year without one.

Here is to a good series bruins fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad