Pre-Game Talk: Game 2 - 10/5 7PM NJ Devils @ Buffalo Sabres Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Use emoji's.

I know right? Given post history, I thought he was serious.
I don't think I've been overly defensive of Housley, to be fair. :) Maybe the first year to give the guy a chance... but the second year was obvious he was in over his head, even through the win streak.

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

looks like a white out tonight.... will make the blue empty seats stand out

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I hope the Sabres lose 3-0 tonight so this board can get back to normal with the screw Botts, screw Sobotka and Scandella talk, bottom 5 finish, our lives are doomed forever talk:naughty::D

I would like to see a carbon copy of the Pitt game where everyone is committed to the system. Hopefully they can build momentum and see early success with Ralph's system and gain some confidence moving forward.

5-2 Sabres (capped by a Sobotka hat trick!)

I know your kidding around but honestly I told people in last years gameday thread of our home opener “Boston is going to
Come out mad” people said they just got whoppped 7-0, and are on a b2b, it’s our home opener.

What happened.

People shouldn’t be shocked with a loss tonight or overreact, the best way in hockey to get over an embarrassment is come out the next night and erase the feeling of dread.

That’s the best case scenario for a team that wants to get the sour taste out of their mouths. Play the next night, plus who wants to start 0-2, especially with all the additions they made.

I’m just setting the tone incase something bad happens I want people to see how it’s totally possible that things can go bad tonight, don’t get me wrong I’m all for positivity infact I was called too positive last game day thread so I’m not me negative here I’m just trying to show both sides. Also not saying you don’t see them and already may know this.

Let’s hope for
The best!

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
I know your kidding around but honestly I told people in last years gameday thread of our home opener “Boston is going to
Come out mad” people said they just got whoppped 7-0, and are on a b2b, it’s our home opener.

What happened.

People shouldn’t be shocked with a loss tonight or overreact, the best way in hockey to get over an embarrassment is come out the next night and erase the feeling of dread.

That’s the best case scenario for a team that wants to get the sour taste out of their mouths. Play the next night, plus who wants to start 0-2, especially with all the additions they made.

I’m just setting the tone incase something bad happens I want people to see how it’s totally possible that things can go bad tonight, don’t get me wrong I’m all for positivity infact I was called too positive last game day thread so I’m not me negative here I’m just trying to show both sides. Also not saying you don’t see them and already may know this.

Let’s hope for
The best!

I'd say our last season(s) cancel out the Devils losing 1 game 5-4 in a shootout.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I'd say our last season(s) cancel out the Devils losing 1 game 5-4 in a shootout.

The devils had a worse drop then us last season. Infact we gained 16 points, they went from playoffs to one of the worst.

It also wasn’t one game 5-4 in a shootout, my god they blew. 4-0 lead in their home
Opener with so much hype with jack Hughes and everyone else. Lol

I get what you’re saying though it looks like
I’m trying to make excuses beforehand incase and maybe I am I just want people to realize how angry that team is gonna be tonight. Like the guy below, usually I’m mr Positivity

They play like they did the other night, they should be able to win this game easily imo. Devils looked horrible coughing up that massive lead last night

It won’t be easily at all IMO. This is why I’m posting in here I can’t believe people think this is going to be a cakewalk. Everyone knows the best way to get over an embarrassing loss is to play 24 hours later, ala Boston in our home opener last year after being destroyed 7-0, especially on a b2b and our home opener (same situation) no team wants to start 0-2, either it takes to game five where you can just be “with the pack” again and that’s if you win the next three (if you drop the first two) like in a playoff series if you go down 2-0, you need to win 4 of the next 5 to win the series, so when someone says “it’s only
Game 2” if your down 1-0 in a series, no...it’s not just game 2. Lol

They looked good for half that game, really good they’ve added a returning hart trophy winner, a Norris trophy winner, a number one pick who some say has generational potential (doubt it but some have said that) among others.

I don’t know how it will go but I do know it won’t be easy. I just hope you’re right though. And if we win easily
I’ll eat my words and I was extremely positive after last win so I’m not
Mr negativity lol, as I just said above.

Ps-I’m done saying this stuff now I just wanted to reply not going to read the first few pages as it May be more of the same
and I just am surprised lot of people like the idea of playing a team that has expectation was embarrassed after looking good, has the best opportunity to erase something 24 hours later and they got talent.

These guys live together every day at the rink and plane bus, you either are positive when winning or Miserable non stop after a loss and guys in junior would
Try and win for the reason of being allowed to talk after a game alone.

I know these are adult pros so
They probably are allowed to
Do what they want but the vibe isn’t fun to be around so as I said New Jersey will have as much if not more motivation then is tonight.

Reactions: DatGuy

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I'm regretting not buying tickets for this. My instincts say it's gonna be nuts in there, especially after that performance in pgh

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I'm regretting not buying tickets for this. My instincts say it's gonna be nuts in there, especially after that performance in pgh

I feel like all the nuts are in Nashville

Gonna take nore than 1 game to take focus off the Bills

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Atta boy! When did you leave?

To get up here? Midnight last night. From Buffalo State after the soccer game? 3:15.
20191005_153904.jpg

OH YES.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Watched a chunk of NJ vs WPG and Gusev stood out. Looks as good as advertised. This isn’t last years NJ team, that’s for sure. I think it’ll be a battle. Blackwood looks flinchy however and I think Jack and co can exploit him. If Hutts plays as well as he did against Pitt, I think Buffalo wins a close one. Could be fireworks. 4-2 Buffalo.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
The devils had a worse drop then us last season. Infact we gained 16 points, they went from playoffs to one of the worst.

It also wasn’t one game 5-4 in a shootout, my god they blew. 4-0 lead in their home
Opener with so much hype with jack Hughes and everyone else. Lol

I get what you’re saying though it looks like
I’m trying to make excuses beforehand incase and maybe I am I just want people to realize how angry that team is gonna be tonight. Like the guy below, usually I’m mr Positivity

Oh I know, might be the only one with bluer/golden glasses than myself. ;)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Former captains attending include:
Floyd Smith (Captain: 1970-71)
Gerry Meehan (Captain: 1971-72 - Oct. 1974)
Don Luce (Captain: Jan. 1976)
Danny Gare (Captain: 1977-78 - 1980-81)
Gilbert Perreault (Captain: 1981-82 - Nov. 1986)
Mike Foligno (Captain: Feb. 1989 - Dec. 1990)
Michael Peca (Captain: 1997-98 - 1999-2000)
Donald Audette (Captain: April 1998)
Stu Barnes (Captain: 2001-02 - March 2003)
Jochen Hecht (Captain: Oct. 2007, Feb. 2008)
Toni Lydman (Captain: Nov. 2007)
Brian Campbell (Captain: Dec. 2007)
Craig Rivet (Captain: 2008-09 - 2010-11)
Jason Pominville (Captain: March-April 2008, 2011-12 - April 2013)*
Brian Gionta (Captain: 2014-15 - 2016-17)

There's one prominent name missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia