Pre-Game Talk: Game 2 - 10/5 7PM NJ Devils @ Buffalo Sabres Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
It was weird to watch the Sabres win a game where they didn't just barely hang onto a lead or play from behind the whole game to just eek out a win in OT.

Understanding that every game won't go that way, but playing "their game" for a full 60 minutes? That's a real good sign. I don't think that ever happened under Housley... not even during the 10 game win streak. Certainly not game 1 anyways.

Would love to see them keep that momentum going into this one.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
New Jersey has always been a pain to play--they are faster and counter attack better than Pittsburgh in my opinion. We need to play a strong game similar to to last night but watch out for the 3 on 2 counter attacks. With the Pens lack of speed our guys were able to get back and help but the Devils will make that more difficult. Also to our goalies--protect the short side! As usual-I was there for their first ever home game- I will be there full of optimism and just hoping last night was not a flash in the pan.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Has there been confirmation that they're the permament As?
it was announced on sabres.com that McCabe and Johansson are the permanent A's. I forgot who was talking about it during the pre-game (Duffer maybe) but they said that McCabe got really emotional when he was given the letter. Sounds like he takes the responsibility very seriously and that was reflected in his game a little bit last night.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
it was announced on sabres.com that McCabe and Johansson are the permanent A's. I forgot who was talking about it during the pre-game (Duffer maybe) but they said that McCabe got really emotional when he was given the letter. Sounds like he takes the responsibility very seriously and that was reflected in his game a little bit last night.
He’s always had that reputation as a leader dating back to him captaining the World Junior squad that won gold years back. Good for him tbh. If he keeps any consistency he can be such a good asset on our d core.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
New Jersey added PK Subban and Jack Hughes.. they now have dual threat centers and a #1 D with added threat Taylor Hall on the wing. I think that team is cup competitors so how we play against them will be more telling then the Pens.

PS - I love these Pre-Game Threads, although maybe its just because of last nights win I am excited for Sabres hockey again?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Prices on the secondary market have almost doubled. I am freaking out about Peca being there before the game in the plaza because Captain Crunch was my first Sabres hero.

Also in honor of our 50th anniversary will we see the return of Orange Sabretooth???

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If we play again like we did last night -- even if we don't win -- I might start getting my hopes up more than is advisable for a Buffalo sports fan...

Last night was competent hockey. Even if the Pens had won, officiating or not, the Sabres did good things with and without the puck. They supported one another, they did things that made it palatable to watch again. Keep it up and people will return to watch the games.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Risto is going to play lights out for the next bit until Montour is ready and we are going to trade him for a haul, then he can return to 18/19 Risto while we run a right side of Miller/Montour/Joker and add a top 6 W/C via that trade. :D

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Hey man what happened to your guaranteed Risto trade

his exact words that he repeated allllll offseason:

“I indicate no team or player, never have. The only thing I've said is that I am 100% confident Risto will be dealt before the start of the 2019/2020 season.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad