Pre-Game Talk: Game 2 - 10/5 7PM NJ Devils @ Buffalo Sabres Home Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Even with a reputation of being good I don’t think the Pens are a great team anymore. They’ll get the benefit of the doubt from most analysts and fans, though.

the devils are interesting with their roster. Some really good young talent coupled with some great/elite older talent. This should be an interesting game.

Im really looking for the Sabres to string quality games together. A team is not going to win every game they play well in.. but they need to maximize how many games they do play well. Game One was against a team I dont consider to be very good. Let’s see what they got.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
No, it was Sobotka.

I mean as much as I hate Sobotka I would definitely disagree with that.

Okposo had good numbers on the backs of an extremly strong game from Girgensons and Larsson...but all he did was miss some glorious opportunites by fifty feet.

Sobotka was fine for the most part, better than what we have come to expect anyways. Not saying I wouldn't mind ERod taking his place, I would love that, but it isn't happening yet.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Okposo had good numbers on the backs of an extremly strong game from Girgensons and Larsson...but all he did was miss some glorious opportunites by fifty feet.

Sobotka was fine for the most part, better than what we have come to expect anyways. Not saying I wouldn't mind ERod taking his place, I would love that, but it isn't happening yet.
Yes, Okposo didn't neutralize his linemates. Sobotka did.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Even with a reputation of being good I don’t think the Pens are a great team anymore. They’ll get the benefit of the doubt from most analysts and fans, though.

the devils are interesting with their roster. Some really good young talent coupled with some great/elite older talent. This should be an interesting game.

Im really looking for the Sabres to string quality games together. A team is not going to win every game they play well in.. but they need to maximize how many games they do play well. Game One was against a team I dont consider to be very good. Let’s see what they got.
I don't get some posters.All of a sudden NJ is good? I get they picked up some players but let's not get carried away.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018

If Erod is taking anyone's spot its Okposo for now

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
I don't get some posters.All of a sudden NJ is good? I get they picked up some players but let's not get carried away.

Where did I say they were a good team? I stated they are interesting because they *could be* a good team. They have some legitimate talent on their roster.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
They play like they did the other night, they should be able to win this game easily imo. Devils looked horrible coughing up that massive lead last night

Reactions: Franson

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
They play like they did the other night, they should be able to win this game easily imo. Devils looked horrible coughing up that massive lead last night

They looked really good before that, though. It’ll be interesting to see which group shows up. Still, we are home and it’s the second of a B2B for them, so this is a game we should win.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
They looked really good before that, though. It’ll be interesting to see which group shows up. Still, we are home and it’s the second of a B2B for them, so this is a game we should win.

Add in that they may have to roll out their backup goalie and it's the Sabres home opener, this is a game that they should come out flying and hopefully they get similar results to game one.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Having hall back for a full season will make a difference for that team. He might be gone by the TDL tho. Pk is not a saviour for that teams defence problems.
Toronto has defensive problems but that doesn't stop them from being a dangerous team and a cup competitor.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007

They are on a b2b but it's the start of the season, jet played the night before and won.
Devils will try to prove that they can do better, we will play our new style, but not sure if the devils are as vulnerable to that as the pens were.
We have to convert on our chances, hopefully this will become better when confidence grows.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Has there been confirmation that they're the permament As?
Nothing beyond Krueger naming them. I’m assuming it’s permanent since Krueger mentioned he talked with Okoposo about taking the “A” away. I don’t think that talk would be necessary if it was a rotation.

I could certainly be wrong. It’s early days learning about how Krueger operates. But the decision seems permanent.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I have a bad feeling about tonight’s game why do we always play a team that got embarrassed the night before in our Home opener? Ugh they are going TO want to get rid of the bad taste in their mouth and the best way is to play the next night. Hope we can combat that with another strong performance.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I hope the Sabres lose 3-0 tonight so this board can get back to normal with the screw Botts, screw Sobotka and Scandella talk, bottom 5 finish, our lives are doomed forever talk:naughty::D

I would like to see a carbon copy of the Pitt game where everyone is committed to the system. Hopefully they can build momentum and see early success with Ralph's system and gain some confidence moving forward.

5-2 Sabres (capped by a Sobotka hat trick!)

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Add in that they may have to roll out their backup goalie and it's the Sabres home opener, this is a game that they should come out flying and hopefully they get similar results to game one.

I think this is why we may lose, just hear me out and I hope one wrong but home openers haven’t been kind to a lot of teams and we lost in this same situation last year when Boston got embarrassed the night before and was on a back to back 7-0 they lost.

This year we have a new coach and already won a game and the devils aren’t Boston but they imo will want to put that behind them and jack Hughes (could
Be wrong) don’t know if he got a point so I’m expecting him to have a big game.

They with a healthy Hall were a playoff team, he’s back now and with a returning hart winner, PK, a couple others, number one overall pick they really could spoil
This but I hope I’m wrong. I guess our jack didn’t get a point last game too but Hughes has more to prove I guess You could Say.

If anyone thinks I’m being negative now, I was getting yelled at by a dude for being too positive in the PGT to last game so it’s definitely not that.

I would rather a team win the night before then lose, especially lose a 4-0 lead
They are going to be mad.

I just hope we built a positive vibe after last games win and the team comes out but if we have those kind of mental breakdowns a team that’s hungry to right the wrong 24 hours later can jump on those, we need to be sharp.

This is going to be no cake walk.

A returning hart winner, (who took them to
The playoffs pretty well on his own when healthy) a number one overall pick, adding a Norris trophy winner, well coached. I think that’s a bit more noteable then “some players” especially when they also added gusev, Simmonds, abother dman I can’t think of at the moment.

Hey we added guys too I just don’t think we can sell them short, the biggest disadvantage they have tonight is the goaltending situation and our biggest strength is home opener, carrying the momentum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad