GDT: Game 19 - Caps @ Avs - 7PM 11/16 - We Want Their Cup

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Do you guys really complaine about the Cole penalty?!? I'm a homer too but that's just rediculous. Besides Rants got away with a high-stick AND a tripping in the last 10min. So no ref-bashing tonight, ok?
I agree. Getting one point was the luckiest thing I've seen from the Avs all season. Refs stole us a point.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
To all - and just because. Washington did NOT, i repeat, did NOT played last night. They played Wednesday. Just to clear things up. They were as well rested as we were.

Washington simply was the better team tonight - sometimes it's just that easy.
Who's saying they played back-to-back? It doesn't even matter because if we were playing the full Caps squad, it would've been an ugly-manhandled-5-2 loss.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
Dang...I might be misreading this, but it seems like Grubi was throwing some shade at his playing time in his post-game presser: "Felt good to get a game in, what, two weeks or whatever...it felt like it was the offseason."

I think everyone expected him to play more not surprised he is frustrated.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah, not sure how people can defend Barrie today. He was good when he had the puck, but was lost everywhere else.
How did the refs steal us a point? We didn't deserve a win, let alone the point, but the refs didn't have much to do with it.
It is worded weirdly, but he's saying that the refs benefited us in allowing the Avs to get a point in perhaps letting them play and not calling penalties on us. That's how I read it.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
How did the refs steal us a point? We didn't deserve a win, let alone the point, but the refs didn't have much to do with it.
Well you could argue that at the time Wilson scored Rants should have been in the box for high-sticking. But because we are all Avs fans we are not doing that :D

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

The missed high stick including blood was fresh in peoples minds. I'll just say there was zero reason to complain about the refs tonight were we've seen absolute incompetence in other games. Hell the Boston game was one of the ones from the refs that pissed me off the most and we won.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I find it hilarious that Jost and Soda hook up for a goal in this game. If that isn't the hockey gods slapping you in the face with an obvious sign I don't know what is.

Also I've been watching, and Jost really needs an extended stretch on the right side IMO. That LH-RW shit is dangerous. f*** maybe move Compher to the left side too.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I might be alone on this but I thought Grubauer was trash tonight. Ovi's goal was savable, Varly probably makes that save. And the OT goal he lost his net the whole left side was open, any player with any skill puts that into the left side with ease. The loss isn't all on him but I didn't think he was good by any means.

Also I was very disappointed with the "leaders"of the team tonight. They were weak and crumbled under the pressure tonight. Washington's leaders weren't going to let them lose tonight, our leaders couldn't push back when Washington's guys stepped it up. Our top guys still crumble too easily, one thing goes wrong the rest of the night is a waste.

Reactions: The Merchant

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Dang...I might be misreading this, but it seems like Grubi was throwing some shade at his playing time in his post-game presser: "Felt good to get a game in, what, two weeks or whatever...it felt like it was the offseason."
I thought the same. Avs should trade him and re sign Varly imo. Grubauer sucks.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Well Rantanen should had a double minor on that high stick. He probably should have had a tripping penalty on ovechkin right after aswell.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I thought the same. Avs should trade him and re sign Varly imo. Grubauer sucks.
I agree, the guy is bad news. He just wants a starter role gifted to him, and Varly has thoroughly out played him and deserved his minutes. Get him resigned ASAP. Varly is an elite level guy, when healthy. Grubauer is not even when healthy.

Trade Grubauer to a starter hungry team ( Calgary, St Louis), and give Varly and Frank the reigns, we'll be better off in the long run.

Reactions: Zolik37

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
On a positive note, Jost, Kerfoot, Gheto line looked good in the 3rd period. Wilson could be better fitted on the 3rd or 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad