Post-Game Talk: Game 18 - Bruins lay a brontosaurus egg in Manhattan - NYR 6 Boston 2 F

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Number one they are not at the cap...........And Management has bought in Crap to surround a cup winning nucleus. Name me one world class player bought here in six years....?....Bergie, Marchand, Rask, Pasta, Krejci.....All from previous regimes......McAvoy...In six years ....Thats it. The GM is a Scared little man unable to pull the trigger on a big trade to help this nucleus.....He has instead let it rot in the sun.....Thats a fact.

Why on earth would you want someone your describing
in such terms making major trades?

Reactions: Kegs

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Lots of soul searching for Sweeney

In a couple of weeks we have gone from world-beaters to being beaten by the world (at least the NYC metro). It's been said you are not as good as you look when you are winning and not as bad as you look when you are losing.

that said- this team currently lacks any sense of compete. I know losing Miller and Lauzon takes away some physicality but the last two games were abysmal- when the depleted Rangers push you around you know there is a problem

not clear what the answer is but sometimes you make a move to wake up the room- and right now the room seems totally asleep

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
That game was difficult to watch even when it was still tight. Studnicka was the only forward who I thought had a good game. I do wonder if he is going to bump Kuraly from the lineup when healthy bodies return. Kuraly was awful last night. I don't often focus on him but given that several people have been calling him the worst player this season I did pay more attention last night. It was bad. I'll be keeping my eye on him for a few games, since last night was hopefully not a representative sample for anyone.

On defense, I feel that Moore has looked really good. I would not be surprised if he has created trade value or if we decide to keep him as the 7th D. I do think he is clearly a better option then Clifton on the left side while Lauzon is hurt. I have been intrigued by Vaak, but ultimately I think he needs to go back down and work on being dominant in the AHL while rounding out his game.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
That game was difficult to watch even when it was still tight. Studnicka was the only forward who I thought had a good game. I do wonder if he is going to bump Kuraly from the lineup when healthy bodies return. Kuraly was awful last night. I don't often focus on him but given that several people have been calling him the worst player this season I did pay more attention last night. It was bad. I'll be keeping my eye on him for a few games, since last night was hopefully not a representative sample for anyone.

On defense, I feel that Moore has looked really good. I would not be surprised if he has created trade value or if we decide to keep him as the 7th D. I do think he is clearly a better option then Clifton on the left side while Lauzon is hurt. I have been intrigued by Vaak, but ultimately I think he needs to go back down and work on being dominant in the AHL while rounding out his game.

Studnicka has indeed looked good, the only issue I have with him is he needs to get stronger, that will come with time. It just seemed like almost the whole team was getting overpowered physically by the Rangers, I realize it was the 2nd game of a back to back but the compete level was disappointing considering their 3rd period meltdown against the Islanders. If they get blown out tomorrow afternoon I will then get seriously concerned, for now the panic button is on hold.

Reactions: HustleB

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Can’t say I agree at all with your Moore view. He has been abysmal since Tahoe. Last game, he failed to clear the puck on a PK that directly resulted in a goal against. He also just stopped playing on another GA. He looked like a player on a video game when your controller dies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I actually thought Coyle was good last 2 games and I specifically watched him

I learned do much from these two games

99% of these regular season games are like a 1970 Swanson TV dinner - but tomorrow is that 1% I’m fascinated with

it’s a conscious game / they will focus and effort should be there - if not yikes

after that they need to get back to their system

Krejci has been taking crap for 12 yrs and I get the no goals in last 30 regular games he’s played but he’s probably got 15-20 assists the PP Is excellent, he plays 200 feet and oh yah their winning % in those games is like 120 points
Krejci playing 200 ft is probably the most underrated aspect of his game . The guy is “ everywhere “ .

Reactions: pgm16 and CDJ

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I dont...If i could fire his ass i would......Rutherford would be perfect. He is a GM who understands what a hockey trade is....
I’d prefer someone from outside the organization with little (or zero) connection to the Bruins if Sweeney and Neely get canned. I’m not a fan of the Old Boys Clubs or people who could potentially be puppets for the Jacobs family or Sinden. I suspect that they’ll just promote someone from within and give us the same BS excuse about how they had an “exhaustive search.”

Reactions: rfournier103

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I watch 90% of Bruins games in their entirety, but had a "bad feeling" about both of these games and didn't see more than a couple minutes of each. Interestingly, the couple of minutes I saw in both games was when the games were tied.

After the first 15 games, I couldn't stop saying how the defense was easily the biggest surprise of the season in their stability. It seemed too good to be true. This is either a slump or indeed it is being proved that it is too good to be true.

But I do agree with Cassidy. We once again have the depth scoring issue. If the top line isn't scoring, there isn't anything to back it up. In particular, I am done defending Jake DeBrusk for the foresseable future. Even in the extremely limited viewing of the last couple of games, he continues to not put up anything close to an NHL effort. His skating and offensive instincts are good, but the effort is consistently lacking. Major Alexei Kovalev syndrome. If he's not dominating, he's completely invisible and coasting. And no, I am not saying Jake DeBrusk = Alexei Kovalev. It's just especially disappointing with Jake because he doesn't seem like an arrogant guy or one who should be consistently struggling with effort.

Reactions: kjpm

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The frustrating part of the current Bruins without Miller & Lauzon is that there is no obvious snarl on the Bruins' D when the Bergeron line is out; hence teams like the Rangers feel free to take cheap shots at the 3 stars.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think it speaks volumes that he hasn’t been able to beat out the bag of suck at the bottom part of the roster for a spot. But at this point why not give him a shot? If he sucks you can always send him back down.
Would he have to go through waivers again if they return him to the AHL? ; not that there's any danger of his being claimed.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
I’d prefer someone from outside the organization with little (or zero) connection to the Bruins if Sweeney and Neely get canned. I’m not a fan of the Old Boys Clubs or people who could potentially be puppets for the Jacobs family or Sinden. I suspect that they’ll just promote someone from within and give us the same BS excuse about how they had an “exhaustive search.”
They are not going to fire Sweeney......Too many people actually think he is good. LOL, The guy may be the worst Bruins GM in history. He was not ready for the job, got abused in his first year and has never recovered....He is so scared it is shameful. But he is under the cap and has not bought in any high priced players........And Jacobs likes that above all.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The frustrating part of the current Bruins without Miller & Lauzon is that there is no obvious snarl on the Bruins' D when the Bergeron line is out; hence teams like the Rangers feel free to take cheap shots at the 3 stars.
I know not everyone believes in the effect a tougher guy on the roster can have. But the entire team plays bigger when Miller and Lauzon were out there.

One thing I have noticed creeping in to their games lately is the unwillingness to take a hit retrieving pucks. I’m sure it sucks getting blasted on the boards but it comes with the job. And if you don’t do it you end up spending a lot of time chasing the puck instead of playing with it.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Not a fan of losing 4 out of 5, and I’m hoping for a better showing on Sunday.

I guess that’s all I have for now.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
They are not going to fire Sweeney......Too many people actually think he is good. LOL, The guy may be the worst Bruins GM in history. He was not ready for the job, got abused in his first year and has never recovered....He is so scared it is shameful. But he is under the cap and has not bought in any high priced players........And Jacobs likes that above all.
If he's allowed to spend to the cap or close to it, why would it matter to Jacobs if he doesn't bring in high priced players? It's the same $$$ outgoing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d like Cassidy to tell his forwards to finish every check on Fox- hit him and hit him hard AND clean - and his partner Lindgren as well

Fox can get away but not always and Lindgren can’t and you can get him running around

also I’m coach I tell my players the two D’s....DISCIPLINE & DETERMINATION and at the end of game ask yourself bow you did

Back to Fox

Marchand knows this as he went after him but screw that - I want a Wolfpack mentality specifically on Fox

I want Fox realizing those MFs are coming after me every shift / and see where he goes with it - the second forward should be looking at Lindgren and finish him off

incredible the Bruins D get targeted but they let guys like Fox skate around like stick practice

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When you have great players who give team discounts so that the team can compete for the cup...But then management does not build around those players with the money left on the table....Sooner or later the team feels the no confidence level from management.....This team is purely a reflection of the effort given by management. If management is not "all in".....why should the players be all in......? Answer is they are not.

Utter nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad