Post-Game Talk: Game 18 - Bruins lay a brontosaurus egg in Manhattan - NYR 6 Boston 2 F

False Start

May 8, 2018
I was busy skiing but watched up to the 6th Rangers goal this morning.

This team is fine.

Good:
Studnicka (Weak at times, but that flair with his hands and speed is enticing)
McAvoy (Takes over at times on the rush and in the O zone.)
Top Line

Growing pains:
Frederic (Makes some good plays, makes some head scratchers)
Urho (Grossly out of position on 2 of the goals)
Zboril (Hilariously weak one of the goals)

Bad:
Own goal by McAvoy (has happened a few times this season already)

I really would love to nitpick at the 4th line Bjork, Coyle, Debrusk or Moore but from everything I've watched, they all made some good plays, and some not so perfect plays. I don't have too many complaints there. They had chances to score and the puck didn't bounce their way.

Not having Krejci hurts, not having Lauzon and Grz hurts. Coyle and Urho are playing completely out of where they should be when this team has depth.

Hardly panic time for me anyways.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Screenshot_20210227-121848~2.png
Jarred Tinordi!!
Problem solved.
Soon....the Cup will be ours!

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Don't hate Tinordi getting plucked, but we could have just kept Alex Petrovic and got about the same thing except having a guy that was at least familiar with the system.

Reactions: nORRis8

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
So goes Kuraly, so goes the 4th line.

And Kuraly is really living off of a few good playoff series and some occasional clutch goals. He has mostly been bad in the role the Bruins want him to play for two seasons now.

Not sure what the answer is. I like the philosophy of having a 4th line that can take tough matchups and try to play 0-0 against good competition while taking a pound of flesh.

Kuraly doesn’t look quick enough. Frederic and Studnicka are either not ready or not right for that roll.

Might need to add “defensive minded 3C we play as 4C” to the wish list for the team.

Three excellent points.

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
You probably missed the first ten games of the season. They also have a lot of injuries on the d and a lot of forwards not playing well. Cassidy pointed out that those last two games arent entirely on the d. The answer is that the kids are doing great.

I didn't miss any games.

Defense wins games but not without scoring. There are many games that the only line scoring is the first line, so we have low scoring games, which means the defense must be tough. Then there are the injuries; they always have a negative effect. If there is secondary scoring along with the first line, then the defense can make some mistakes, but that isn't happening..

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The first period was when the sun was directly facing our end so I gave them an out in that period.

I thought the sun was a legitimate excuse for Rask, but not the rest of the team. Like it's one thing if you're struggling to connect with your passes because you can't see properly, but they were also getting beaten to pucks and in board battles a lot, which is purely an effort/compete thing. Plus they've had a habit of playing poor or indifferent 1st periods quite frequently all season, so it wasn't a one-off. The old 'start on time' adage really hasn't been applying this year.

Reactions: caz16

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I didn't miss any games.

Defense wins games but not without scoring. There are many games that the only line scoring is the first line, so we have low scoring games, which means the defense must be tough. Then there are the injuries; they always have a negative effect. If there is secondary scoring along with the first line, then the defense can make some mistakes, but that isn't happening..
the Bruins and Celtics must've switched personalities between the OKC/DAL/ATL Trip they had.... and the Tahoe to NY Trip the B's are now on....

Reactions: Maine Fan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jarred Tinordi should be wearing a Grim Reaper suit from Halloween City when he walks into the locker room because this is a message to some of the D

I’m surprised they are doing this but the message is clear the D is pathetically soft

Lauzon certainly should sleep easy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->