Post-Game Talk: Game 18 - Bruins lay a brontosaurus egg in Manhattan - NYR 6 Boston 2 F

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Glad he has that in him, perhaps the team told him to tone it down. It was one of the strikes against him earlier on in his time in the AHL. I imagine if he starts taking more penalties they could use that as the reason to sit him. Maybe they will let him play more his way now with how the last 2 games went and no Lauzon and maybe no more Miller.
who knows, he definitely had an issue at times when playing for the Sea Dogs in the Q of taking some undisciplined penalties and most of them were directly in front of the net, tell you one thing, the Mooseheads players thought twice when he was on the ice about going to the front of the net

Reactions: b in vancouver

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Same issues we've seen the last few games. Losing structure and over-playing things. No Krejci or K. Miller (Chara, Krug) and you notice the lack of adults in the room. They have to calm the game down. The last two weeks they've played exactly like you'd think a talented but young team would play - too many highs and too many lows.
In disagreement with my own post; Studnicka looked like a vet out there. Every time I watch him play I'm more and more impressed. A lot of you guys have been singing his praises for awhile but I take a hesitant 'wait and see' approach to yutes but that kid is forcing himself into the line-up.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Problem is that they don't have a lot of ornery forwards
that like walloping people. Frederic/Wagner about it.
Wagner and walloping dont got together in my eyes. perhaps I've missed some of his hits this year.
says a lot about our lack of toughness when we are making waiver wire pickups on guys like Tinordi

Reactions: capecodder

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Same issues we've seen the last few games. Losing structure and over-playing things. No Krejci or K. Miller (Chara, Krug) and you notice the lack of adults in the room. They have to calm the game down. The last two weeks they've played exactly like you'd think a talented but young team would play - too many highs and too many lows.
In disagreement with my own post; Studnicka looked like a vet out there. Every time I watch him play I'm more and more impressed. A lot of you guys have been singing his praises for awhile but I take a hesitant 'wait and see' approach to yutes but that kid is forcing himself into the line-up.

Studnicka was the lone bright spot last night. Looks so much more comfortable in the middle. I don't think he's the type that can easily transition to wing. Also loved that he was mixing it up without hesitation when he needed to.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
My uneducated guess....
Miller gonna be out a while.

Need for some grit?

“But listen, they are what they are and they are where they are in their career,” he added. “We went into this year with a good feeling on Kevan Miller’s health and unfortunately that took a turn. We miss that. We miss that bite back there — someone to settle things down. And [Jeremy Lauzon] we knew would play hard. He’s a big man that makes it tough in front of the net. We’ve missed those two guys.
“The last two games, a lot of stuff has happened in front of our net. Unfortunately, that’s not the strength of Zboril and Vaakanainen right now
where is this quote from?

Not loving the language regarding Miller. As much as I'm happy to see his comeback and rooting for him I'm still livid that they rolled the dice on this guy to the tune of letting Chara walk. They almost seem surprised that Miller is having setbacks when it's the kind of thing any idiot could have seen coming.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Studnicka was the lone bright spot last night. Looks so much more comfortable in the middle. I don't think he's the type that can easily transition to wing. Also loved that he was mixing it up without hesitation when he needed to.

I'm one of the last ones to the table as I was sleeping on him and just hadn't watched him much - but he's checking near every box for me. Just looks like an NHL player. It's just nice to see.

Reactions: hrdpuk

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Wagner and walloping dont got together in my eyes. perhaps I've missed some of his hits this year.
says a lot about our lack of toughness when we are making waiver wire pickups on guys like Tinordi

Not this years Wagner thats for certain. Add Ritchie
to those two for any history of hitting people
with some malice.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
where is this quote from?

Not loving the language regarding Miller. As much as I'm happy to see his comeback and rooting for him I'm still livid that they rolled the dice on this guy to the tune of letting Chara walk. They almost seem surprised that Miller is having setbacks when it's the kind of thing any idiot could have seen coming.

Never understood signing Miller. Now you have to deal with the uncertainty of his availability. Wish they had
taken a flyer on Boro or Bitetto.

Reactions: capecodder

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Way better than making a panic trade

He shouldn't have to make a panic trade, surely he must have known that we need an upgrade in our top 4 and has kicked tires with other GM's. Therefore he should have an idea who is available and at what cost.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Never understood signing Miller. Now you have to deal with the uncertainty of his availability. Wish they had
taken a flyer on Boro or Bitetto.
they should have just kept Chara. Miller had zero leverage. They could have played hardball with him and had him on a PTO/league minimum. They should have had Chara AND Miller.

Reactions: LouJersey

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
missed last night`s tilt and again, I do agree that Bjork not landing a shot on goal for 3 games isn`t what I want to see as a Bjork fanboy, but as you said, he and Jack vs the Isles the other night were the only line I felt didn`t give up and played with some energy....anyways, Butch clearly hates the kid and it feels like the writing is on the wall

He's one of those players that I watch and just kinda want a bit 'more' from. I don't know - I want to see that happy middle-ground as he hasn't really looked 'comfortable' out there. Everything just seems tentative. He's got the skill and hustle to be a really solid impact mid-six winger but he's not really showing it enough.
I'm a DeBrusk fanboy (or was) but am having the same issues with him. Although his speed is an asset, it wasn't what got him drafted or why I thought he'd be really good - it was his hockey IQ. He was always where you'd pencil him in. Watched him in The Dub, before they drafted him, and he looked like an NHL player. Not dominant but more a 'That guy is going to be wearing a letter on his chest in the NHL.'

Maybe it's coaching, but those two guys have to remember what got them to the NHL.

Reactions: Trizz617

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Absolutely. He and Zboril can likely work as a 3rd pair until Miller is ready.

I would like to know who Sweeney is so afraid of trading, who is the potential all star/hall of famer this time?

I remember the Rangers wanted Frederic instead of Lindgren. In hindsight, he should have let them have him (I would not have traded him either then)

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad