GDT: Game 17: Phoenix Coyotes @ Anaheim Ducks | 11-6-13 | 8PM Arizona Time

Atrkl

Dec 31, 2007
Phoenix
Honestly, we probably didn't deserve to win the last two games with how sloppy we were playing. Looks like it caught up with us here, new win streak starts on Saturday :)

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
A loss like this was bound to happen sooner or later given our play and string of injuries.
My only disappointment in this game was that we didn't play the backup goalie. I'm not saying he would have stolen this game for us but it was a complete waste having Smith in net tonight. Other than that, I'll just say that the last 2 games were a good measuring stick for the Coyotes and now this team knows more than ever where they stand and where they need to improve.

The team is going to need an extra days rest now as the Caps will be in town and they have given us hell in the past with Ovie and company.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Eberle's trade value is about three to four times that of Rundblad's.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic rt.

Unless you were realy being serious TM :help:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't think he's waiver eligible.

Really? Are you sure?

I'd be willing to bet on it. He would never be exposed if that were the case.

Yup. He signed in the summer of 2010, considered age 20 by CBA definitions. Which means he's waiver exempt for 4 seasons or until he accumulates 80 NHL games played.

2013-2014 is his last season of being waiver exempt.

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Yup. He signed in the summer of 2010, considered age 20 by CBA definitions. Which means he's waiver exempt for 4 seasons or until he accumulates 80 NHL games played.

2013-2014 is his last season of being waiver exempt.

Wonder why they haven't sent him down already if this is correct, wich i believe.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
He's playing way too deep in his net. Every goal that gets by him these days, including the two in San Jose and goals tonight are the result of him playing too deep in the net. Same with the Vancouver game.

Um, yeah, that's exactly how Burke wants Smitty to play - it's the Benoit Allaire philosophy, and Burke is a huge proponent of it. Lundqvist plays the exact same way. It has its detractors, but it works, and it's not going to change, period, as long as Burke is goalie coach.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I expect a lot more from Ribs than I do from Korpi, dont you?

Ribs *has* been playing up to expectations, has been generating offensive chances a plenty, and even has been pretty effective on the PK. Not really his fault that we lack finishers.

But of course you only show up around here to piss in all our cornflakes every time we lose.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ribs *has* been playing up to expectations, has been generating offensive chances a plenty, and even has been pretty effective on the PK. Not really his fault that we lack finishers.

But of course you only show up around here to piss in all our cornflakes every time we lose.

He is kind of invisible out there right now, but what do you expect playing with Moss and Korpi. I wish we could find a winger for him.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
On pace for 25 goals and 53 points - yeah that's not really 5.5M down the drain. Far from it.

Where do his stats rank among NHL leaders? We signed him with the expectation that he is a legitimate 1C. Now we have him buried on the 3rd line. Not good ROI, me thinks.
A guy like this, based on his salary and reputation, needs to carry this offense, and not just be a passenger.

Look at our powerplay. Has it improved? Barely. Last 3 games against big divisional teams, it's been invisible other than the Stone goal last night by the 2nd unit.

I expect Ribeiro to lead the offense and quarterback the powerplay. So far neither has happened. How many PP points does he have so far?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Where do his stats rank among NHL leaders? We signed him with the expectation that he is a legitimate 1C. Now we have him buried on the 3rd line. Not good ROI, me thinks.
A guy like this, based on his salary and reputation, needs to carry this offense, and not just be a passenger.

Look at our powerplay. Has it improved? Barely. Last 3 games against big divisional teams, it's been invisible other than the Stone goal last night by the 2nd unit.

I expect Ribeiro to lead the offense and quarterback the powerplay. So far neither has happened. How many PP points does he have so far?

You have got to be kidding me. Our PP is clicking at 19%, good enough to put us in the top half of the league (13th). We were pretty much league doormat last year if it isn't for Yandle's PPGs. This year it is so much better. Ribs is generating chances at both even strength and on the PP - anyone with two eyes and not a perpetual axe to grind will see that's apparent. He is the last of our problems.

But I'm done putting up with your insufferableness every night. Ignored.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
You have got to be kidding me. Our PP is clicking at 19%, good enough to put us in the top half of the league (13th). We were pretty much league doormat last year if it isn't for Yandle's PPGs. This year it is so much better. Ribs is generating chances at both even strength and on the PP - anyone with two eyes and not a perpetual axe to grind will see that's apparent. He is the last of our problems.

But I'm done putting up with your insufferableness every night. Ignored.

I'll ask again, how many powerplay points does he have this year if he's been such a boon to our PP?

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Speaking of sucking, there is zero difference between Andy Miele and Tim Kennedy. Neither are NHL players and I hope I never see either in a Phoenix Coyotes uniform again. Paul Bissonnette is a more effective NHL hockey player than either one. That's really all that needs to be said about that.

Agree 100%. Miele is a great example of one of those AHL guys that you see on YouTube showing off incredible puck skills. They they get called up, and are revealed to be completely out of their element in real NHL game situations. Bring Brown or even Lessio back up. They may not score, but at least they'll get their hands dirty.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Agree 100%. Miele is a great example of one of those AHL guys that you see on YouTube showing off incredible puck skills. They they get called up, and are revealed to be completely out of their element in real NHL game situations. Bring Brown or even Lessio back up. They may not score, but at least they'll get their hands dirty.

Agreed, Miele is out of his element. I'm on the Brown band wagon because of what he brings, but Lessio hasn't proven anything at the AHL level so it sends the wrong message. Leave him down there to get his numbers up then he'll be back.

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
Agreed, Miele is out of his element. I'm on the Brown band wagon because of what he brings, but Lessio hasn't proven anything at the AHL level so it sends the wrong message. Leave him down there to get his numbers up then he'll be back.

Bring Brown up and give him a 3 game stint with the Czechs. He can't be any worse than Korpi.

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
Well on the bright side Tippett played Szwarz quite a bit in the third period. Good. I really hope he's sticking around for the long term. He was one of the only guys who looked like he gave a **** out there last night.

I'm done with Miele. He can't play at this level. Simple as that. Bring back Lessio.

Rundblad was horrible, but as rt mentioned, that was kind of expected. He hasn't played in forever, it's going to take him a while to get into game shape. I still think he brings more to the table than Schlemko.

Moss was good last night too. He's played really well so far this season. He's actually creating quite a few chances offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad