-2 tablespoons honey
-2 tablespoons soy sauce
-2 tablespoons rice wine
-1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
-1 tablespoon tomato sauce
-1 pinch chili powder
-1 teaspoon lime juice

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Use a sharp knife to score across the duck breasts 4 times through the skin and fat but just barely to the meat. Rub the skin with salt cayenne, and black pepper.

Preheat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Lay the breasts in the skillet skin-side down and fry until the skin is brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Use a spoon to carefully discard any excess fat from the bottom of the skillet. Turn the breasts over and cook for 1 minute.

Place the skillet into the preheated oven and roast until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breasts reach 160 degrees F for well done, or until the breasts reach desired doneness.

Remove the duck breasts from the skillet and cover with foil. Set aside to rest. Pour off excess fat from the skillet. Place the stock, honey, soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, tomato sauce, chili powder, and lime juice in the skillet. Whisk the sauce over high heat, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Slice the duck breasts thinly, arrange on serving plates, and pour the sauce over the top.

Serve with brown rice and asparagus.

5ax2U.jpg

scrooge-mcduck.gif

5ax8F.jpg

Phoenix Lines

5axaD.jpg

5axd2.jpg

5axec.jpg

Anaheim Lines

5axfA.jpg

5axgx.jpg

5axhi.jpg

5axmQ.jpg

5axp9.jpg

5axqr.jpg

This thread is approved by...

5axsT.jpg

Taylor Swift!

65987-Taylor-swift-thumbs-up-gif-mpqv.gif

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Needs a recipe for coyote.

I don't believe people eat coyote.

Anyways, Pig and Pickle in Scottsdale has a great duck dish. May need to stop by there tonight before the game.

Anyone else know of a place to much on some fowl?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
1. Colorado loses in regulation.
2. We win in regulation.

If those two things happen, we're 1st in the league. And the only team left undefeated on home ice.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Yeah, LOTS of interlopers in this thread ... this is my first PHX winter ... do the snowbirds invade forum=40 too?!??!
2. We win in regulation.

If those two things happen, we're 1st in the league. And the only team left undefeated on home ice.
MAKE IT SO!!!

Every time I see it, I'm more and more certain that Hampus Lindholm is my favorite hockey name ever.

ANA's bottom 10 forwards are just a bunch of warm bodies, so I can't help but feeling great about this game. That said, we DID just let Dwight King score a (fake) hat trick, so whatev ...

Go Yotes! #Morris4Norris

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
2. We win in regulation.

Holy ****. Praying for a Colorado loss.

BarkingMad

Once and Future King
Oct 31, 2013
Camelot
Lets go Yotes! Fingers crossed for a COL defeat as well although as long as we do our part I'm not too fussed about what Roy and his boys do. Smith gets the start again I assume?

OT: Love the video that gif came from, she pulls off both looks very well in it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah, LOTS of interlopers in this thread ... this is my first PHX winter ... do the snowbirds invade forum=40 too?!??!

Nah they aren't interlopers, good people mostly. Just the peanut gallery from Page 2 :biglaugh:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
They come in here and comment because whenever I make a GDT I link it in the Page 2 Useless Thread to ask them what they think of it, and they decide to respond in the GDT itself instead of commenting in the UT.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I always like these 8 o'clock California games.

2 years ago it seemed like every game was around 2:23 or so in length...this year the length is nearing 2:45+. I want my money's worth when I am at the games but now I have to question if I can stay up till 11:laugh:

No 8:30 starts this year with the way it works out so thats good.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I liked the 8 p.m. start times for California games last year well enough, but I work different hours this season so staying up to 11 to watch a game will be harder.

I didn't make it to the end of Saturday's game in San Jose either, and that was a 7:30 start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad