GDT: Game 17: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 2/21/21 7:00pm EST SN, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
Purely speculative but I think suzuki must be a little out of shape. Nhl gearing towards leaner players the last few years 208lbs at 5’11. Average forward 6’1 198lbs. If he was 6’1 he would be 220ish. In my opinion he’s to heavy. His speed is really bad. It’s something he’s going to have to address
There is no explosiveness to his game right now.

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
There’s no line to shutdown like against the Leafs but can we just please put Danault with Lehkonen and Armia. If he’s going to bring down wingers offensively, bring down ones that aren’t going to score anyways.
This would be a pretty sweet shutdown line

Reactions: sandviper

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Wonder if it's time to make some moves on D.

Romanov - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Chiarot - Edmundson

I know. Petry and Edmundson shouldn't be separated but Petry and Kulak always play well together.
Give Fleury a game, at least he hits

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Claude has had his run here...again. Time for a new coaching staff. This season is going south so implement the systems you want to run and get them used to it. If they improve on ice, then MB can try to get help for the playoffs. If they continue to play poorly, trade Danault, Tatar etc and use the picks to improve by either drafting or by using them as currency to acquire players.

Reactions: zx81

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
And Tkachuk. He's a psycho, and with 77 SOG so far. Most in the league I think. And also Dadonov. The guy has looked really good the last few games. This will not be an easy game at all.

Expect Tkachuk to be clutching his face often tonight regardless of how close anyone's stick actually is to him.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Purely speculative but I think suzuki must be a little out of shape. Nhl gearing towards leaner players the last few years 208lbs at 5’11. Average forward 6’1 198lbs. If he was 6’1 he would be 220ish. In my opinion he’s to heavy. His speed is really bad. It’s something he’s going to have to address

Nothing wrong with being stocky, coming from someone with a rubgy player's build myself. I wonder if he's carrying a knock?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Danault should get 4C minutes tonight. He's been useless and honestly I think Evans deserves a game with more responsibility and better line mates

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-KK-Toffoli
Byron-Evans-Gallagher
Lehk-Danault-Armia

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Claude has had his run here...again. Time for a new coaching staff. This season is going south so implement the systems you want to run and get them used to it. If they improve on ice, then MB can try to get help for the playoffs. If they continue to play poorly, trade Danault, Tatar etc and use the picks to improve by either drafting or by using them as currency to acquire players.

Another week of losses and the best thing that could happen is for Molson to grow some balls and get rid of Bozovin before he makes anymore idiotic moves. Let the new guy start putting his own people in place and set the direction for the franchise . After nine years and three failed 5 year plans this clown has to go before he creates more long term damage

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Toffoli Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Tatar Danault Armia
Byron Evans Lekhonen

Get your head out of your ass clode

Tatar and Gallagher can battle for the 6th spot in the top 6.

Tatar Kotkaniemi Toffoli
Armia Danault Gallagher

Could also work.

Ideally we add a top 6/9 winger at some point this season, perhaps Caufield, and we have

Drouin Suzuki Anderson
_______ Kotkaniemi Toffoli
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Lehkonen Evan's Armia
Byron

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
I really wish that MB reacted faster, unfortunately if history has taught us anything he's slow on the uptake and keeps coaches and players well past their due date.

If we go on another losing streak, I totally expect a few 3rd/4th line trades, but nothing drastic. I think we're just stuck with this shit for a while. As with last year, this shit is on Molson and has been for a while.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A decent team has been assembled that continues to be run by outdated coaching and methods.

Fire Clode and maybe Muller.

Reactions: Runner77

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Another week of losses and the best thing that could happen is for Molson to grow some balls and get rid of Bozovin before he makes anymore idiotic moves. Let the new guy start putting his own people in place and set the direction for the franchise . After nine years and three failed 5 year plans this clown has to go before he creates more long term damage

Molson is around 50. He hasn't had the balls to fire MB yet and I don't see any chance of him doing it. I agree MB has to go but unless the team is sold I just don't see it happening. A new coach maybe, new GM would shock the shit out of me.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I really wish that MB reacted faster, unfortunately if history has taught us anything he's slow on the uptake and keeps coaches and players well past their due date.

If we go on another losing streak, I totally expect a few 3rd/4th line trades, but nothing drastic. I think we're just stuck with this shit for a while. As with last year, this shit is on Molson and has been for a while.
Maybe this also rids us of that idiot Bergevin who some say wins every trade yet we continue to see a mediocre team. Something has to give.

Reactions: Riddick412

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007

Sadly this shit we are stuck with will remain until Weber and Price's contracts are off the books. If MB wants anything from Nashville, I'd be telling Poile that Weber wants to retire and the cap recapture fees will cripple them. Once Weber is gone, Price may want to waive to go to Vancouver, Seattle or somewhere closer to home. Hopefully

Reactions: Riddick412

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Claude needs to harness the inspiration he had in the bubble to relegate Phil Danault to the third line.

We can still roll 4 lines, but Danault isn't bringing his defensive game and so it's really no longer worth the offensive sink.

Romanov needs to play with Shea. I think they will pair well together and it would be good for Romanovs development getting away from Mete/Kulak. Chiarot needs to realize he can't keep making the same mistakes.

It's time.

Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher (~16m TOI)
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson (~16m TOI)
Tatar - Danault - Byron (~15m TOI)
Lehkonen - Evans - Armia (~13m TOI)

Edmundson - Petry (~23m TOI)
Romanov - Weber (~21m TOI)
Chiarot - Fleury (~ 16m TOI)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Geoff couldn't tell the difference between a good or bad job by Bergevin -- unless it becomes about beer, condos or selecting which color of covering tarp goes to which seating section.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71 and the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad