GDT: Game 17: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 2/21/21 7:00pm EST SN, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It feels different with Allen. Those other guys had promising starts, but you could see the flaws in their play. Allen really looks solid and steady. We'll find out soon enough, he'll be playing a lot from now on.

Ottawa is not a team we can beat, it's a team we should and absolutely have to beat. Losing tonight would be a huge step back.

GO:habsGO
With the way Habs digress I think Allen will start losing more than he wins. But at the very least I hope that he still gives his team a better chance to squeeze out a win, unlike Price.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Dear Gerard Gallant, keep you bags packed buddy we need you. Bring a guy that can run the PK with you.

Reactions: Walrus26 and Saxon

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Dear Gerard Gallant, keep you bags packed buddy we need you. Bring a guy that can run the PK with you.
I was actually thinking about Gallant as well. There should be no excuses for poor play with this Hab group.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Any kinda excitement I had built up waiting for the leafs game was gone after 2 periods. Today is a total meh for me. Family dinner - won't even watch. Will just check here for updates. Don't think I'll miss much.
I watched the 1st period of last nights game that was it. When toronto started the 2nd with a 2 man advantage i knew it was an automatic 2-0 lead. Wasnt going to put myself through that. I probably wont watch tonoght either

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Habs will unfortunately never hire a non French speaking coach, as much as I would love Gallant. Sad.

They will be confused because he sounds french and worked here once already. He's also very good friends with Bergevin.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Purely speculative but I think suzuki must be a little out of shape. Nhl gearing towards leaner players the last few years. Nick is 208lbs at 5’11. Average forward 6’1 198lbs. If he was 6’1 he would be 220ish. In my opinion he’s to heavy. His speed is really bad. It’s something he’s going to have to address

Last edited:
Reactions: mols47

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Weber-Chiarot

:help::help::help::help:

A good coaching staff would have realized by now this duo cannot remain together. I don't know what the solution for Weber's slow-ass skating is, but Chiarot ain't cutting it.
Fully agreed, I have been saying that for the past two years. Weber was better with Mete even though it was far from being optimal.

Reactions: PhysicX

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Wonder if it's time to make some moves on D.

Romanov - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Chiarot - Edmundson

I know. Petry and Edmundson shouldn't be separated but Petry and Kulak always play well together.
Chiarot should be a healthy scratch after yet another stupid delay of game penalty for carelessly shooting the puck out of play at a critical time. It may have cost the Habs the game last night. Time to send a message that this is not acceptable.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If Habs do lose this game there had better be some evaluation and act in a manner that benefits the team regardless of whom the players be.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
They will be confused because he sounds french and worked here once already. He's also very good friends with Bergevin.
Bruce Boudreau also would do that.

I wouldn't mind Boudreau. We need some all-in offense after all of the refrigerators(Youtuber channel Lu Bu Feng Xian came up with this describing armors in Fire Emblem Heroes) and metal scarecrows we have deployed in the hopes of winning a Cup.

Reactions: Habs

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
I agree with that.

However, like many of the other backups before him, he is being overhyped with a small sample set and will most likely be trashed as soon as he has a few bad games.
Blues fan here. Allen has always been good as a 1b/ or backup. Hr was great when he played in tandem with elliott. When we traded elliott and made him sole starter he lost consistency and sucked until having a few rebound periods whenever he got benched for a week but sucked again when asked to ride an extended period of time. When he got demoted for binnington, he excelled again.

Allen is great as a backup or tandem but when asked to be the sole guy, he cant handle the pressure or workload and his technique and fundamentals start to suffer whether its from fatigue or just the pressure of being the guy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Blues fan here. Allen has always been good as a 1b/ or backup. Hr was great when he played in tandem with elliott. When we traded elliott and made him sole starter he lost consistency and sucked until having a few rebound periods whenever he got benched for a week but sucked again when asked to ride an extended period of time. When he got demoted for binnington, he excelled again.

Allen is great as a backup or tandem but when asked to be the sole guy, he cant handle the pressure or workload and his technique and fundamentals start to suffer whether its from fatigue or just the pressure of being the guy
He's what we need. A guy who can step in and give us quality starts to give Price a break. That's good enough.

Reactions: RandR

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There’s no line to shutdown like against the Leafs but can we just please put Danault with Lehkonen and Armia. If he’s going to bring down wingers offensively, bring down ones that aren’t going to score anyways.
We need to start putting Danno in more defensive assingments and need to start giving KK more offensive opportunities. Give him better wingers, more PP time...

Enough with the 'let's get Danno going' philosophy. Team is struggling and we have to start shaking things up a bit.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

Kinda like Halak.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Smells like a loss tonight. 2nd game in 24 hours, and the Senators have been playing decent hockey as of late, which cannot be said about the Canadiens.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Oh, I know he's a great backup.

However, we have people here clamoring he's better than Price and we should make him the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille