GDT: Game #17| Feb. 18, 2013|Flyers at Islanders |1:00 p.m. ET

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Regardless of it being the Islanders, they would have beaten anybody today with that level of tenacity. Hope they keep it up.

MrHockey1982

Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
good lord the isles are bad. That was such a bad effort from them. Taveres is in hockey purgatory.

Considering that the Isles just beat the Devils and Rangers and Tavares has 11 goals and 9 assists I'd have to disagree with you. They played a bad game and the Flyers played an excellent game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
While the Islanders were indeed bad, especially on defense, the Flyers also had a really good game. Flyers D was very effective...it's nice when Coburn shows up to play.

teegale

Hartnell Down!
Dec 12, 2007
Harrisburg, PA
flyers.nhl.com
What really amazed me was the Isles failure to scout our PP. Every team has had success playing aggressively on the PK but for some reason the Isles decided it would be a good idea to do the exact opposite of that. Makes me wonder how some of these people have jobs.

G Money

Oct 15, 2011
Sudbury
What really amazed me was the Isles failure to scout our PP. Every team has had success playing aggressively on the PK but for some reason the Isles decided it would be a good idea to do the exact opposite of that. Makes me wonder how some of these people have jobs.

maybe it is just me but i notice G is shooting alot more on the pp

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Eh they had the 4th (or 5th) best pk in the league. Its not like our pp is really unique. I bet they used the setup they are good with and thought it would work.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Eh they had the 4th (or 5th) best pk in the league. Its not like our pp is really unique. I bet they used the setup they are good with and thought it would work.

It was also the best the PP has looked all year. Everyone touched the puck, and they were quick with moving or shooting it.

phillyflyer2112*

I actually want them to miss the playoffs this year so that it forces Homer's hand a little more to tweak this team. Sure, I like the talent and a lot of the players individually, but I never really fell in love with this team as a whole.

I just feel like it's a very odd mix...young and inexperienced up front with a lot of grinders and playmakers...sluggish and lumbering on the backend with no offense. Add in the fact that our top dman is very old...I just don't like this mix of players and think we'll get inconsistent results for a very long time with it.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
great team effort

giroux was right, his speech to the team was what these guys needed. the isles are not that bad. kinda sad with the ownership they have. fallen on hard times, from what was once a strong dynasty. but we have our own problems, trying to bring dynasty mode back to the philadelphia flyers.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Aparently I missed the best game of the whole season...? I'm sorry for once again jumping in and asking for info but I had classes... >_< Only thing I know from boxscore is that Voras had 4 assissts (yay) and G looked preety good (yaaaay!)

phillyflyer2112*

If we want the cup this year..what do you guys think about trading simmonds for iginla (I think they would be happier to be traded for one another for obvious reasons)..and then flip voracek + for Chara.

I think that makes us a solid team

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Aparently I missed the best game of the whole season...? I'm sorry for once again jumping in and asking for info but I had classes... >_< Only thing I know from boxscore is that Voras had 4 assissts (yay) and G looked preety good (yaaaay!)

The important moment in the game was killing an early 5-on-3 after Giroux scored in the opening minute. Max Talbot, among others, performed well. Then the offense kicked it in gear.

Last edited:

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
If we want the cup this year..what do you guys think about trading simmonds for iginla (I think they would be happier to be traded for one another for obvious reasons)..and then flip voracek + for Chara.

I think that makes us a solid team

Iginla gets paid. And with it looking like Bryz isn't going anywhere and Simmonds on a long term deal at a nice price, I don't see it happening.

Also if that comment was an allusion to their race (which is not inherently offensive, they're both black and that's unusual in hockey, just a fact), I don't follow your logic. I don't think either one of them would care what race the guy they just got traded for was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad