GDT: Game #16: St. Louis Blues vs. Phoenix Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Stewart isn't going anywhere. He's an Armstrong signing. Army wants to build around Stew. He just doesn't have the right pieces yet. The problem is that it's taking too long to get the right pieces and Stew isn't self-starting.

He's not building around Stewart. Stewart is being molded into a Hitch player, but this team is built around the defense.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The first ten minutes of that period were unspeakably bad. The final ten were better, but they're going to need to be even better to get one by Smith.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Blues showed up last 3 minutes of that period....

Tarasenko has been really moving out there and Jaybo is looking really good. I see them guys all the time out there making moves. Schwartz.. what's not to like. He is looking so nice as usual and working like he is way bigger!

TimtheDJ84*

I'm sorry,but I'm seeing holding of the stick,slashes,trips,holds all over the place. Phoenix is in a shell and just pulling and tugging. The refs are letting it go so good on Phoenix I suppose..its painful to watch though.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Blues are putting on pressure. Coyotes really have no offensive momentum. Smith might just be having one of those nights though.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
He's not building around Stewart. Stewart is being molded into a Hitch player, but this team is built around the defense.

I dont disagree about the defense, but I'm still convinced that Roy was supposed to be the stopgap until Stastny could be acquired.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Can we stop blaming the refs? They haven't been the problem. We are playing like a big stinky dog turd.

I don't advocate blaming the refs, but we haven't played like ****. We've been in Phoenix's zone for the last 5 minutes of the period, and we've been getting a lot of chances. We just have to bury one soon.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't advocate blaming the refs, but we haven't played like ****. We've been in Phoenix's zone for the last 5 minutes of the period, and we've been getting a lot of chances. We just have to bury one soon.

Well I could have worded it better. We played well the last five minutes of that period, but we haven't been very good overall. We've played way too much on the perimeter tonight.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I dont disagree about the defense, but I'm still convinced that Roy was supposed to be the stopgap until Stastny could be acquired.

Therein lies the problem. If you need one specific player to get a guy going, then you may have a problem on your hands. And at any rate, Stastny may not even be the answer. I'm not saying he wouldn't be an upgrade, but he's not the player he used to be.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Therein lies the problem. If you need one specific player to get a guy going, then you may have a problem on your hands. And at any rate, Stastny may not even be the answer. I'm not saying he wouldn't be an upgrade, but he's not the player he used to be.

Just feels like morale sometimes is not flowing on the blues team. I still feel it being leadership. I don't think there is a real positive flow on the team that spreads like wildfire to fuel the guys.

But I agree... if you have to rely on "that" piece to get a guy to do something.... that's a big problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad