OEL-Michalek
Yandle-Stone
Schlemko-Rundblad

Smith

bluesLogo.gif

NHL.com Preview
JR:Cole gets his shot
Strickland: Leopold Injury opens door.
Korac: Reaves doing more than energizing.

Last edited:

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
11-2-2 record for the Blues.

Haven't seen Phoenix play yet this year but looks to be a team pretty similar to last year. Very good defense, solid goalie in a good system, but the offense doesn't scare you. I think we'll get a tight, low-scoring game. Everyone clamoring for Ian Cole to get a shot and those who say he isn't good enough, we're going to find out now what he's got.

I'll say Blues come from behind and win 2-1.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Korac just tweeted that Morrow is in. Good to see. I think he can help a lot in a game against this type of team.

Hopefully Paajarvi isn't far behind.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So with that week off, we are either the 3rd best team in the league or just a few points away from losing a playoff spot depending on how you look at it lol.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Haven't seen Phoenix play yet this year but looks to be a team pretty similar to last year. Very good defense, solid goalie in a good system, but the offense doesn't scare you.
Don't be fooled by this. Swapping Boyd Gordon for Mike Ribeiro is the only major personnel swap, but some combination of adding Ribeiro / having owners / the warm Arizona weather has the team playing a much more wide open, run and gun style. Doan is sniping instead of just running people over, and our defense -- especially Yandle, Morris and Stone -- is doing a ton of scoring. 60 GF / 56 GA is biggest total in the west except that mess in EDM. The lockdown defense of years past is ... ahhh ... still a work in progress.

We aren't the 1982 Edmonton Oilers, but this isn't last year's Coyotes either.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Don't be fooled by this. Swapping Boyd Gordon for Mike Ribeiro is the only major personnel swap, but some combination of adding Ribeiro / having owners / the warm Arizona weather has the team playing a much more wide open, run and gun style. Doan is sniping instead of just running people over, and our defense -- especially Yandle, Morris and Stone -- is doing a ton of scoring. 60 GF / 56 GA is biggest total in the west except that mess in EDM. The lockdown defense of years past is ... ahhh ... still a work in progress.

So what is different? Has Tippett just changed his style or was there some coaching changes made as well?

That is surprising to see the Coyotes that high in goal scoring and high(low?) in goals allowed.

Also appears to be a different team on the road than it is at home. PHX is 8-0-1 at home and only 4-4-1. Kind of cool for that maligned fan base to be creating a home field advantage for the Coyotes.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Wow. I hadn't noticed that. I was just assuming they were playing great defense and Smith was standing tall. That was a poor assumption evidently.

Go Blues! This is a good test, but I feel like we can hang with anyone, especially on home ice. I'd like to see a dominating 3-0 victory. My prediction is a wildly inconsistent game where the Blues win 4-3 in OT. Again, Go Blues!

yotefan4life

Jul 11, 2006
This is one of those games that will tell us a lot about the Coyotes...I am hoping we keep playing well, but I'm guessing a 4-1 blues win :(

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 5m

Hitch on Roy/Sobotka: "If I was a smart coach, I'd keep Derek on the left and keep Sobe in the middle, but I'm not that smart." #stlblues

So is there a lineup adjustment, a bad joke, or Korac not giving enough context?

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
If The Blues that play a full 60 minutes and stay out of the box show up, they'll draw their share of penalties and they should handle them, if not and they're in the box it could go either way.

I think The Blues have the advantage in this one and should win.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The Blues just need to bring 60 minutes of effort like Saturday, simple enough right? 3-2 Blues win. Also really interested in seeing OEL and Petro going head to head tonight.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I'll be there tonight for Blues Salute to the USA Military Night. All I know is the seats are great, in lower bowl, won't find out till I go get the tickets, and I get a discount since I am a veteran how cool is that? :nod:

Let's Go Blues :bb:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Let's Go Blues! Get big win number 12 tonight baby!!

If we play tonight like we did Saturday we'll win.

My prediction Blues win 4-1, Stewart, Tarasenko, Oshie, Backes with the goals.

Last edited:

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Stewart seems to play well against the Coyotes and he and Roy showed a few flashes of nice chemistry last game. Looking for a good game from Maggot Stew and some scoring from the defense.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
So weird seeing Phoenix with 60 GF and 56 GA. That does not look like a Tippett coached hockey club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad