GDT: Game #16: St. Louis Blues vs. Phoenix Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
posted this during our only flurry this period.

need reaves right now. or to start the third.

we're not working hard enough. but thats probably a lot of credit to Phoenix. They're impressing me and playing a smart road game. and so Mr. Reaves ... mix it up and see if we can get some emotion in this game.

TimtheDJ84*

Contrary to popular belief, Phoenix is actually a quality team.
I understand this,but you're rested,at home, they are minus a couple of guys and you're supposed to be a top team. Seriously need to win these games.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Not that I'm trying to start s*** because I was about as pro-Roy as anyone, but would Perron be an upgrade over Roy? And why?

Perron is a lot stronger on the puck, can actually create some offense, and has the ability to agitate the opponents. Does he take stupid penalties? Yeah, but his offensive capabilities far exceed Roy's at this point.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Meanwhile, Lecavalier has to be kicking himself.

Maybe. He definitely wanted to go to the East. I don't think going to a Western Conference team was what he wanted to do. That said, thinking about how much better we would be with him makes me drool. If he by some miracle becomes available, I hope Army kicks the tires on it.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Perron did not fit into the Blues at all. I am personally glad he is off the team. He never changed his game to match Hitch and needed to go in my opinion.

Roy is meh... Works okay. Stewart has not shown up this season yet. He was a dumb signing and didn't earn ****. I'd have moved him.

illninofan*

Now why can't Berglund do more power moves like that more often?

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I understand this,but you're rested,at home, they are minus a couple of guys and you're supposed to be a top team. Seriously need to win these games.

To date, they've proved to be a top team too. Haven't seen anything tonight to suggest otherwise.

That said, yes we're home and I expect a W too.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Perron did not fit into the Blues at all. I am personally glad he is off the team. He never changed his game to match Hitch and needed to go in my opinion.

Roy is meh... Works okay. Stewart has not shown up this season yet. He was a dumb signing and didn't earn ****. I'd have moved him.

I think Stewart has been much better than Roy this season

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
Not that I'm trying to start s*** because I was about as pro-Roy as anyone, but would Perron be an upgrade over Roy? And why?

I'm not pro-Roy, but I'm certainly not anti-Roy either. On wing, Perron could be an upgrade, but I'm convinced now that his time here was over. Roy playing wing probably wasn't the plan when he came in. I'd rather see Roy in the lineup than MPV on a regular basis.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Where has this been all game? This is what happens when you get extended zone time. We keep this up and I think we'll score a goal soon. Frank with a great shift there. He deserves to score one here.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Perron is a lot stronger on the puck, can actually create some offense, and has the ability to agitate the opponents. Does he take stupid penalties? Yeah, but his offensive capabilities far exceed Roy's at this point.

Perron's potential will always exceed his ability.

Skills > Hockey Sense

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
I think Stewart has been much better than Roy this season

Roy is worth half his salary. Hoping he is a rental and dumped after this season. He plays at 2 mill tops. He's okay in my book. Nothing to write home about for sure.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
Stewart isn't going anywhere. He's an Armstrong signing. Army wants to build around Stew. He just doesn't have the right pieces yet. The problem is that it's taking too long to get the right pieces and Stew isn't self-starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad